What's new

Chinese student killed in bombings had followed her passion to Boston

Status
Not open for further replies.
why would you think that any Chinese person would support the Muslims against Buddhists in Burma?

We would expect reasonable human beings to condemn illegal acts, no matter which side commits them.

Most reasonable Muslims condemned the terrorism committed by Muslims, including the destruction of the Buddhas in Afghanistan. Similarly, we would expect reasonable Buddhists to acknowledge that Buddhist monks leading murderous rampaging mobs against Rohingyas is also wrong.

This Chinese-Trollagon wastes no moment to attack Islam and its adherents.....IT has been doing it on all the threads and ofcourse is backed by... we all know who.....chai anyone? Or how about masala curry? :omghaha:

That's perfectly fine, but before you used to profess neutrality in the matter, claiming you are an atheist.

As long as you admit your bias, I have no problem, since we all have biases.

Developereo, you have seen the polls multiple times, posted by your friend Vinod, as well as myself yesterday from International polls such as Pew Global Research.

ALL the polls show that Chinese have a negative view of Muslim countries. Which started occurring within the past decade mostly, after all everyone watches the news, and everyone sees what is happening in Xinjiang and elsewhere.

I'll say right now, I don't agree with it. But do you understand why people feel this way?

And this from is all the major international polls, so it has nothing to do with bias on this forum or any other such crap.

you can insult the Christian prophet but not the Islamic one, even though to a Chinese person they are both equally foreigners.

What is the history of China's domination by Christian foreigners v/s Muslim foreigners? I am asking, because I don't know.

What is the history of China's domination by Christian foreigners v/s Muslim foreigners? I am asking, because I don't know.

Christianity was worse for us in historical terms, and arguably in modern terms too.

Look into the Taiping rebellion.

And neither one "dominated" China.

Islamic extremism is a big problem today, as you can see in Xinjiang. It is much more visible and frustrating to the average person watching the news.

Christians are assimilating quietly in the background. Which, in the view of myself and other Chinese members here (ChineseTiger and below_freezing come to mind) is much worse. Since it is not contained by geography like the one in Xinjiang, and can spread far faster.

ALL the polls show that Chinese have a negative view of Muslim countries.

I won't argue with polls -- they are what they are.

As I mentioned, part of that perception is justified because of terrorism, but part of it is also exaggerated by the dominant Western media. Chinese people are like everyone else -- if they see something repeated over and over in the media, it will affect their perceptions.

Christians were worse in historical terms, and arguably in modern terms too.

Look into the Taiping rebellion.

And neither one "dominated" China.

Islamic extremism is a big problem today, as you can see in Xinjiang. It is much more visible and frustrating to the average person watching the news.

Christians are assimilating quietly in the background. Which, in the view of myself and other Chinese members here (ChineseTiger and below_freezing come to mind) is much worse.

Substitute whatever words you prefer instead of dominated.

My point was that resentment of Christian crimes against Chinese would have a long history (and memory) compared to the relatively recent Muslim attacks. So the two might not be equivalent to the average Chinese person, as you claimed.

Substitute whatever words you prefer instead of dominated.

My point was that resentment of Christian crimes against Chinese would have a long history (and memory) compared to the relatively recent Muslim attacks. So the two might not be equivalent to the average Chinese person, as you claimed.

That is very possible.

But I'll tell you right now I've never seen any Chinese person ever, ranting about Jews like that.

Judaism is not a demographic threat at all. Islamic extremism causes problems in Xinjiang but is not a major demographic problem due to relative geographic isolation in Northwestern China.

Christianity is seen by some people as an "in" thing, associated with developed nations, and it doesn't have the negative stereotypes associated with Islam in recent times. So Christianity is by far the biggest threat among these three, but doesn't mean the others are good for us either, just not as bad.

Personally, I would prefer that the Chinese population is either Atheist like myself or follow "native" religions like Buddhism/Taoism/Confucianism (native as in perceived that way). If I had my way.

And I feel that the Chinese government agrees with my perception of Christianity. Considering the restrictions and control over the official churches and the clampdowns on non-sanctioned churches.

And don't bother responding. You have already proven yourself, you can insult the Christian prophet but not the Islamic one, even though to a Chinese person they are both equally foreigners.

So he has to insult the Islamic prophet to prove he is Chinese?-
Does being biased has every thing to do with religion?- Like buddhism is your reason- his must be Islam?-
thats stupid considering your claim to be a "proven" atheist- -

So he has to insult the Islamic prophet to prove he is Chinese?-
Does being biased has every thing to do with religion?- Like buddhism is your reason- his must be Islam?-
thats stupid-

I just said apply the same standards that he applied to other prophets, since for us there is no difference between foreign prophets at all. No reason to protect one and attack another at the same time.

But I'll tell you right now I've never seen any Chinese person ever, ranting about Jews like that.

That would depend how inwardly or outwardly focused a Chinese person was.

Since I don't suppose there is a significant presence, or interaction with, Jews in Chinese history or even modern times, most Chinese would not know or care about it, in terms of their daily life.

However, in terms of world politics, Jewish influence and presence is very much notable so Chinese people who are interested in world history and politics would form opinions one way or another. The other thing is that most people are so scared of being labeled anti-Semitic that they would rather avoid the subject altogether, in the same way that most people don't even want to discuss anything race related.

That would depend how inwardly or outwardly focused a Chinese person was.

Since I don't suppose there is a significant presence, or interaction with, Jews in Chinese history or even modern times, most Chinese would not know or care about it, in terms of their daily life.

However, in terms of world politics, Jewish influence and presence is very much notable so Chinese people who are interested in world history and politics would form opinions one way or another. The other thing is that most people are so scared of being labeled anti-Semitic that they would rather avoid the subject altogether, in the same way that most people don't even want to discuss anything race related.

Anti-semitism is traditionally non-existent in Chinese history and culture.

So any that exists here is just an import from the West. It traditionally came from Europe first and spread to the rest of the West.

I just said apply the same standards that he applied to other prophets, since for us there is no difference between foreign prophets at all. No reason to protect one and attack another at the same time.

Are you doing the same?- you applying the same standards?- You clearly openly favor buddhism over Islam-
whats the problem then?-

Are you doing the same?- you applying the same standards?- You clearly openly favor buddhism over Islam-
whats the problem then?-

Buddhism is a part of Chinese culture. And we have the largest Buddhist population in the world.

And this is the largest statue in the world:

Lszydfyj.png

This statue, the Spring Temple Buddha, was built in response to the destruction of the Bamiyan Buddhas at the hands of Islamic extremists in Afghanistan.

Obviously we'll favor Buddhism, why would you think that a Chinese person would ever support Muslims against Buddhists?

Buddhism is a part of Chinese culture. And we have the largest Buddhist population in the world.

And this is the largest statue in the world:

Lszydfyj.png

This statue, the Spring Temple Buddha, was built in response to the destruction of the Bamiyan Buddhas at the hands of Islamic extremists in Afghanistan.

Obviously we'll favor Buddhism, why would you think that a Chinese person would ever support Muslims against Buddhists?

Thats depends upon ones personal preference or priorities No?-
Maybe he interacts with the Muslims more than the Buddhists?-
Is it a Chinese state policy to prefer buddhism over Islam?-
Or his opinion should be restricted?-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom