What's new

Chinese professor urges the government to offer parents 1 million yuan ($156,000) for each newborn child in a bid to shore up the country's birthrate

Don't know, I m not a professor. I just know a house in Beijing can easily cost over 10 million Yuan. Maybe a free apartment?

Tax relief, housing subsidies, cash, etc.

Just different forms of government expenditure.
China builds so many free houses for the poor anyway.

An apartment in Beijing is different from an apartment in the rural area.

The only thing that can solve this problem near long term is opening up immigration and bringing thousands of new families /individuals every year

China is too big to rely on immigration.

14mil births and the TFR is just 1.3. You need 2.1 for replacement. Good luck attracting 10mil quality immigrants every year to maintain the current population in the long term.

Last edited:
Tax relief, housing subsidies, cash, etc.

Just different forms of government expenditure.

An apartment in Beijing is different from an apartment in the rural area.

China is too big to rely on immigration.

14mil births and the TFR is just 1.3. You need 2.1 for replacement. Good luck finding 10mil quality immigrants every year to maintain the current population in the long term.
China builds free houses for many anyway and subsidize highways, railways, subways and many other public facilities, if China wants to do it, she can find ways to pull it off.

The Chinese government pays 800,000 Yuan ( $123,000) for each mud house and demolishes them, and uses the compensation money to build a standard two storey, 300 square meter house with all the modern facilities for each demolished mud house.

China builds free houses for many anyway and subsidize highways, railways, all other public facilities, if China wants to do it, she can find ways to pull it off.

The Chinese government pays 800,000 Yuan ( $123,000) for each mud house and demolishes them, and uses the compensation money to build a standard two storey, 300 square meter house with all the modern facilities for each demolished mud house.

Lol. If you believe that the government is able to give out 1mil Yuan worth of subsidies to EVERY newborn child EVERY year, then so be it.

Lol. If you believe that the government is able to give out 1mil Yuan worth of subsidies to EVERY newborn child EVERY year, then so be it.
I think free houses (or government budget houses) free education and tax cut are very likely. upfront one million cash probably won't happen.

You will get gangsters, junkies, religious extremists breed like pig while middle class fund their orgasm.

Education for free. Ban all private education institutions. Preferential price houses for families with more than 3 kids. Problem solved.

Hard part is get law abidding and responsible people to breed. Few months ago, Chinese members scolded me for suggesting the idea, accusing me of something like Nazism.

You sure do not want muscle man go on have 10 children with 10 women and become millionaire.

To target good citizen to breed, my brain storm is giving 30 points in high school exams for each additional siblings.

I think free houses (or government budget houses) free education and tax cut are very likely. upfront one million cash probably won't happen.

Also not possible.

Why do you think property prices are high in the big cities in the first place? You gonna build 14mil homes and give them out for free, for every child, every year?

Free education, possible. But many countries have free education and the TFR is still low.

Tax cuts. Most Chinese don't even earn 1mil Yuan per year. How much taxes can they cut?

Another way to get people to breed is to hammer feminist activist. By observation, religious people breed more.

So China should set up classical confucius school to promote an modernized version of three-follow-four-virtue.

One more policy tools is free public education up to PHD.

China professor calls for million-yuan reward to boost birth rates
Reuters
May 12, 2021

A Chinese professor has urged the government to offer parents 1 million yuan ($156,000) for each newborn child in a bid to shore up the country's declining birth rate, sparking a debate on social media about the soaring costs of raising children.

China's population rose by its slowest rate in decades from 2010-2020, the country's latest census showed, raising fears that the country's dwindling workforce will be unable to support an increasingly elderly population. read more

Liang Jianzhang, professor at Peking University's School of Economics and also founder of travel service provider Ctrip, said in a video posted on his Weibo social media channel that it would cost 10% of China's GDP to raise birth rates from the current 1.3 to the replacement level of 2.1.

That amounts to 1 million yuan per child, and could be allocated in the form of cash, tax relief or housing subsidies, he said.

"I've spoken to a lot of young people ... if it's just a few tens of thousands of yuan it basically wouldn't encourage people to have another child," he said.

The costs would be offset by future contributions made to the economy, said Liang.

"If a family gives birth to another child, that child's future contributions to social security, to tax revenues, will exceed 1 million yuan," he said.

The comments were trending on Weibo on Tuesday night, with users debating whether it was a reasonable use of China's tax revenues, and whether 1 million yuan was even enough to cover educational costs.

"Having a child and not making the most of their talents is considered a crime in today's society," said a user posting under the name Not Old and Confused.

"It should be done as early as possible - if you wait a couple of years no one will want to give birth even for 2 million yuan," said another user named Rainy Wind.

($1 = 6.4285 yuan)

Pakistan can help. 😊

Count me in. I want to go China and FCUK myself to millionaire.
No I am not talking about fcking. I am talking about increasing population through culture change. I mean, we have a PhD in it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom