Chinese Navy's frigate Handan reaches Pakistan for bilateral exercises

Khafee

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
United Arab Emirates

Chinese Navy's frigate Handan reaches Pakistan for bilateral exercises

Source: Xinhua 2016-11-15

KARACHI, Pakistan, Nov. 15 (Xinhua) -- The Chinese Navy's frigate Handan on Tuesday docked at Pakistan's southern port city of Karachi to participate in bilateral joint drills in Pakistani waters.

The frigate that belongs to the 24th Chinese Navy fleet convoy for the Gulf of Aden was warmly welcomed by the senior officials of Pakistan Navy, Chinese officials and diplomats at the Pakistan Navy Dockyard in Karachi.

During its stay, Handan will take part in the joint drills with Pakistan Navy from Nov. 15 to 21, aiming at enhancing bilateral training level, promoting tactics exchanges and sharing experiences on anti-piracy.

The exercises will include about a dozen tasks such as port leaving under threats, shooting and nighttime patrol surveillance.

During a short meeting between the two sides, Commodore Zaka Ur Rehman of Pakistan Navy expressed his appreciation at the role that the Handan has played in the Gulf of Aden against piracy and said that "China is Pakistan's best friendly and brotherly country. We have arranged bilateral exercises, which hopefully will be very successful, useful and rewarding and will further strengthen our bilateral relations."

For his part, Chi Qingtao, the chief officer of the joint drills from the Chinese side, said that "we hope that our joint bilateral exercises will be a great success. It's a great cooperation between the navy of the two friendly countries."

Chi also briefly introduced the 24th Chinese Navy fleet convoy to Rahman.

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2016-11/15/c_135831445.htm

120730_5_011726_album.jpg

120730_4_011726_album.jpg

120730_3_011726_album.jpg
120730_2_011726_album.jpg
120730_6_011726_album.jpg

Video:

https://www.samaa.tv/pakistan/2016/11/chinese-navy-warships-arrive-in-pakistan/

Can you elaborate, as to what exactly are your objections?

Thank You
no objections, its just that i expected someone to bring it up. and the arslan suprised me by bringing it up when i expected some one else.

as for the ship, it would make a great addition to replace the type 21[tariq class] but at approximately $330 million each its a push

no objections, its just that i expected someone to bring it up. and the arslan suprised me by bringing it up when i expected some one else.

as for the ship, it would make a great addition to replace the type 21[tariq class] but at approximately $330 million each its a push

It was widely in Rumor that with 6 Subs PN will lease 2 Type 54A's ... and i don't see if there is a Problem PN leasing 2 of these for 10 years and later purchase it .. I don't think this Ship will be replacing type 21, but the Future milgem class might fit in there ..

Chinese Navy flotilla docks at Karachi for bilateral exercises

Chinese Navy flotilla docked at Karachi port on Wednesday to participate in 4th Pakistan Navy and People's Liberation Army-Navy (PLA-N) bilateral exercises encompassing harbour and sea phases.

The Chinese fleet includes ocean salvage and rescue ship Changxingdao and PLA-N ship Handan, which reached Karachi on a goodwill visit to Pakistan. Senior officials of Pakistan Navy and Chinese consulate were also present on the occasion.

A statement issued by navy's media wing said "these exercises are expected to go a long way in promoting maritime security in the backdrop of operationalisation of China Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) and Gwadar port".

582c70cc60299.jpg

Chinese Navy ship Handan berths at Karachi Port. ─Navy PR

582c70cb9cd9e.jpg

The commanding officer of Chinese Navy ship is being recieved by Pakistan Navy officials at Karachi port. ─Navy PR

582c70cc9cb37.jpg

Chinese Navy ship Handan arrives at Karachi port. ─Navy PR

PN should buy bigger better & more advance navy ships & type 54 surely looks impressive & a right choice for PN. We also know China is working more on more advance navy ships & soon we will be seeing them in action, can also be a good choice for our navy.

PN never got the chance to develop before but know they have the chance with variety of options from Turkey & China. PN should acquire at least 2 bigger & advance navy ship, this will defiantly make our navy stronger & boost the security of Pakistan & CPEC.

582c70cc9e402.jpg

Pakistan Navy and Maritime Security Agency assets deploying oil spill equipment during marine oil containment exercise. ─Navy PR
582c70ccda394.jpg

Pakistan Navy and Maritime Security Agency assets deploying oil spill equipment during marine oil containment exercise. ─Navy PR
582c70ccd00a5.jpg

Pakistan Navy and Maritime Security Agency assets deploying oil spill equipment during marine oil containment exercise BARRACUDA-VII at Arabian sea near Karachi. ─Navy PR
582c7784be32a.jpg

DG Pakistan Marine Security Agency Rear Admiral Jamil Akhtar briefs about marine oil spill exercise Barracuda-VII. ─APP

not sure but in pics type 54 looks very much larger then f22p but looking at specs there is 10/11 meters and App. 750 tons diff

ype 54 a specs
Frigate
Displacement: 3,900 tons (full)

Length: 134 m (440 ft)(CCTV)

Beam: 16 m (52 ft) (CCTV)
Draught: 5 m (16 ft)
Propulsion: Combined diesel and diesel (CODAD), 4× SEMT Pielstick 16 PA6 STC diesels, 5700 kW (7600+ hp @ 1084 rpm) each
Speed: 27 kn (50 km/h) estimated
Range: 8,025 nautical miles (14,900 km) estimated

vs

f22p
Type:

Frigate
Displacement:
  • 2,500 tonnes (standard)
  • 3,144 tonnes (full load)
Length: 123.2 m (404 ft)
Beam: 13.8 m (45 ft)
Draught: 3.76 m (12.3 ft)
Propulsion:
  • CODAD (Combined Diesel and Diesel)
  • 4 × Pielstick 16PA6STC @ 5,1 MW
  • 4 × MTU diesels generator set 8V396TE54 @ 680 kW
Speed: 29 kn (54 km/h) maximum[1][2]
Range: 4,000 nmi (7,400 km)

i knew someone would bring this up, but you?
it is a good frigate but really?
Well we need a good frigate before we go for the excellent ones i would say. China do offers a reliable option plus we have been looking into the HQ16 SAM anyway. It will make sense if we do go for 4 or 6 Type 54A or A+ frigates. They do provided the much needed (and currently lacking) fleet AAW capability and retains the impressive ASW as well as AShW capabilities. What other options we really have? This or the Turkish Ada Class is what we would be looking at as far as i can see. The one thing that might change that is the fact that by the time we actually do something practical about getting new frigates there might be better options available (however i think they too will be from the same two countries)

Edit: Oh, i got the REAL message now (or so i think). I by no mean am indicating that the current visit have ANYTHING to do with any immediate procurement plans. I was just saying that some where down the line this ship may become an option. :) The visit do not means that PN have decided upon Type 54A and is going to buy them immediately. Currently we are chasing that submarine project.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom