What's new

Chinese Navy (PLAN) News & Discussions

contract signed with the International Seabed Authority, the Chinese AUV Qianlong II made its first 2018 dives in the Indian Ocean. The objective of this excursion is to map 300 km² of seabed for poly-metallic sulphide deposits.

DWHDFKOX4AALZdj.jpg

It supposed to have a full electric propulsion system. The calibre of the gun may not need to be as big as 120-125mm as its muzzle speed is unrivaled with Mach 6-7. Therefore the power consumption need not as big as these ship.

It maybe a scale down version that is possible to fix inside a 40-50tons tank.
It needs rail inside barrel gun.

Last edited:
It supposed to have a full electric propulsion system. The calibre of the gun may not need to be as big as 120-125mm as its muzzle speed is unrivaled with Mach 6-7. Therefore the power consumption need not as big as these ship.

It maybe a scale down version that is possible to fix inside a 40-50tons tank.
Huahua's prediction of PLAN major combat ships in 2029.

6 aircraft carriers (current 1 in service, i fitting and 1 started building)
8 amphibious assault ships ( current four type 071 in service, 2 fitting and rumoured one type 075 started building)
18 type 055 destoyers (current one fitting, 3 or 4 building)
60 plus other types of destroyers (current in service 30, 3 sea trial, 4 fitting, 3 or more started building)
60 plus various type of frigates (current 50 plus in service, more to be built)
10 plus SSBN nuclear missile submarines
20 plus SSN nuclear powered attack submarines

宇宙历八十年冬至,第一世界最高峰奥林匹斯山封禅台,封禅大典正在举行,主持封禅仪式的是最高领袖褚岩和领袖夫人党卫军全国总指挥花花.冯.色雷尔
花花首先宣读了封禅祭文,文曰

吾祖轩辕,华夏肇造,胄衍祀绵,岳峨河浩。
聪明睿知,光被遐荒,建此伟业,雄立地球。
世变沧桑,中更蹉跌,红岸发信,强邻蔑德。
智子魅惑,科技停滞,妖派降临,人奸何多!
水滴伪善,亡魂百万,人执笞绳,我为奴辱。
懿维国父,命世之英,自然选择,天涯征程。
星舰地球,人类希望,黑暗战役,命殒德存。
岩等不才,剑屦俱奋,亿万光年,何惧艰辛。
频年苦斗,备历险夷,匈奴未灭,何以家为。
星际人类,团结坚固,不论种族,不分贫富。
发展科技,改善民生,亿兆一心,战则必胜。
还我河山,卫我族权,一统悬臂,银河称雄。
经武整军,昭告列祖,实鉴临之,皇天后土。

其后,褚岩最高领袖对在场的人民委员和观礼群众发表了讲话,讲话回顾了在北海国父带领下星舰地球人类筚路褴褛,异星创业的伟大征程,并指出虽然我们的星际舰队已经拥有了六条基地战舰,八条行星远征战舰,十八条乾阳战舰,六十多条各型虎贲战舰,六十多条男女武神战舰,十余条灭星暗影战舰,二十余条各型战斗型暗影战舰,但与敌人的力量相比还没有取得优势,对于一统悬臂,称霸银河的目标而言差的还远,要求全体公民不忘初心,为星舰地球伟大复兴,和我们人民的未来而继续奋斗!

最后,封禅大典在与会群众高呼
最高领袖万年无期
领袖夫人长生无极
中结束
I think China navy need 12-18 Type 75 and STOV.

Some are claiming the 7th 052D has been commissioned.........but it has been done so quietly.

My questions are if so why? The 052D is not a secret, and we have seen commissionings of earlier vessels, though the 6th vessel was also inducted into the fleet last year without any fanfare.

How do we know the 7th vessel has been commissioned, if its supposed to be such a low key event. Where is the news of this commissioning? :-)

Just for the record, i cannot find any record, including under Chinese Wiki that the 7th 052D has joined the fleet, though it is expected to do so soon anyway!

It is believed that PLANS Xiamen (DDG-154) was commissioned earlier this month.
But there seems to be no announcement or spotted ceremony. Usually an announcement will be made from ministry of defense of PRC.
Exactly.........many times in the past, people have said ships have been commissioned, when in fact they havn't. Having a pennant number painted on, doesn't mean a ship has joined the fleet. To me, when i hear or see news of a vessels commissioning ceremony, only then can we say a ship has joined the active fleet........and as of this moment until we see or hear otherwise, only 5 x 052D's are in the fleet, though i do expect the 6th one to join very soon. :-)

Déjà vu?

Last edited:
New Chinese research vessel sets sail off

2018-02-22 09:08

Xinhua Editor: Gu Liping

U472P886T1D293050F137DT20180222090819.jpg

A new research vessel, featuring military and civilian integration, set sail Wednesday from east China's Shandong Province.

The vessel, Haimeng (sea dream), departed from Weihai City for its first trip to the South China Sea. Maritime resource research, ocean environment observation and oil and gas exploration will be among its major tasks.

Initiated by two military universities, the 35.8-meter-long and 14.6-meter-wide vessel was designed by the Weihai Blue Ocean Research Center Ltd., a company co-invested by the Nanhai New Area and private investors.

Nanhai New Area is a national strategic maritime economic zone in Weihai.

The ship is equipped with double engines, double propellers and double helms, with hybrid power of diesel and electricity, said Zhao Mingbo, general manager of the center.

A self-steering system is also installed, said Zhao.

Total cost of the vessel reached 50 million yuan (8 million U.S. dollars).

"The vessel will be a platform for maritime resource exploration and civilian and military integration," he said.

http://www.ecns.cn/2018/02-22/293050.shtml

055 with 101
Screenshot_20180224-110209.jpg
86372afcb2b39553ddf35c86e7202cde.jpg

Attachments

• f617438c2ff66d8ed304ff7f8ee8055c.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 45
  • ee658320699fa901c80e91341f36d813.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 41
  • a79675c04ce5045b3979ea2a372dc837.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 40
Highly doubtful that the pennant number has been painted before the sea trial has started since there is no precedent. Though not discounting 101 would be the number for the first type 055 entering service.

Back
Top Bottom