What's new

Chinese Navy (PLAN) News & Discussions

this is the license-produced diesel engine, which entirely manufactured in china . again, those anti-chinese media and critics (mostly US media and americans) always carefully see if china make everything their own . yes we do ! and yes we will ! make sure we are far much stronger than those which import everything from elsewhere (such as india . singapore . taiwan . arab . africa . and else) :agree::agree::agree:
And seeing and knowing on the Power of Dominance Axis really loves to use the EMBARGO / BOYCOTT to attack/cripple any other country that won't take order from them, then the capability to produce those important items like this diesel engine in its entirety, not relying on external resources, is quite worthy.

Just look at the Siemens turbine drama with the Russia over Crimea not long ago. This capability to produce internally the whole thing is much more than simply the monetary values or export opportunity issues. To be independent a nation must rely on own capabilities. Ability to afford purchases from other nations is a completely different nature. And it is not something to admire or aspire! Dependency ain't good!
。。。

Last edited:
And seeing and knowing on the Power of Dominance Axis really loves to use the EMBARGO / BOYCOTT to attack/cripple any other country that won't take order from them, then the capability to produce those important items like this diesel engine in its entirety, not relying on external resources, is quite worthy.

Just look at the Siemens turbine drama with the Russia over Crimea not long ago. This capability to produce internally the whole thing is much more than simply the monetary values or export opportunity issues. To be independent a nation must rely on own capabilities. Ability to afford purchases from other nations is a completely different nature. And it is not something to admire or aspire! Dependency ain't good!
。。。

I dare to even say China now is able to produce any ship propulsion that matches or exceed German or MTU.
The coming electric propulsion system will be unveil soon on Type054B frigate.

New guided-missile frigate Suining joins PLA Navy
China Military Online
2017-11-29

8cdcd43004dd1b88c1c616.jpg
Chinese sailors man the rails aboard the type-056A guided-missile frigate Suining (Hull 551) during its commissioning, naming and flag-granting ceremony at a PLA Navy’s pier in southern Guangdong province on Nov 28, 2017. (Navy.81.cn)

GUANGDONG, Nov. 29 (ChinaMil) -- The commissioning, naming and flag-granting ceremony for the Type-056A frigate Suining (Hull 551) was held at a PLA Navy’s pier in southern Guangdong province on Tuesday, marking the frigate officially joined the PLA Navy's battle sequences.

The ceremony began at 10:00 am on Nov.28. Yao Guowen, deputy commander of a naval base in Guangzhou, announced the commissioning and naming order. Sun Jian, political commissar of the naval base, presented the flag and naming certificate to the new frigate.

The Type-056A frigate is the new surface warship developed by China independently. It is highly information-based and has good stealth performance and stronger combat capabilities against air, underwater and water surface targets.

By Zuo Rui, Song Zhe and Li Jinzhang

I dare to even say China now is able to produce any ship propulsion that matches or exceed German or MTU.
The coming electric propulsion system will be unveil soon on Type054B frigate.

Ppl tend to put German products on a high pedestal. I've seen a BMW roll backwards a few feet before it gained traction to go forward from a red light stop uphill. I've never seen a Honda or Toyota do this. Of course I'm only speaking for Japanese cars coz they don't sell Chinese ones where I live.

But to me, the BMW's behavior seems like bad engineering to me...

I have a question. Some of news that I read in the net said that China has send their special force to Syria, in order to hunt the so called "The East Turkistan" terrorist. Is this news true or just a hoax?

https://financialtribune.com/articl...na-reportedly-sending-special-forces-to-syria

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-11-29/china-deploy-elite-troops-syria-fight-alongside-assads-army

The weird thing is that the so called Chinese Special Force has the name of “Tigers of Siberia” and the “Night Tigers”. I feel weird when reading "Tiger of Siberia" as the name of Chinese SF. But I dunno, maybe they're really exist.

I have a question. Some of news that I read in the net said that China has send their special force to Syria, in order to hunt the so called "The East Turkistan" terrorist. Is this news true or just a hoax?

https://financialtribune.com/articl...na-reportedly-sending-special-forces-to-syria

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-11-29/china-deploy-elite-troops-syria-fight-alongside-assads-army

The weird thing is that the so called Chinese Special Force has the name of “Tigers of Siberia” and the “Night Tigers”. I feel weird when reading "Tiger of Siberia" as the name of Chinese SF. But I dunno, maybe they're really exist.

Fake western news.

China looks to quantum technologies to boost naval programmes

Jon Grevatt
- Jane's Defence Weekly

29 November 2017

The China Shipbuilding Industry Corporation (CSIC) and the University of Science and Technology of China (USTC) have signed a landmark agreement to collaborate on quantum technologies supporting the development of advanced naval mission systems.

Under the joint programme, the two parties will establish three laboratories in Wuhan, central China, which will be focused on developing quantum navigation, quantum communications, and quantum detection respectively.

Citing CSIC, the government’s State Administration for Science, Technology and Industry for National Defense (SASTIND) said on 28 November that the project will be funded by the state-owned shipbuilder and represents “a significant move to increase investment and promote industrialisation in forward-looking and disruptive technologies”.

Want to read more? For analysis on this article and access to all our insight content, please enquire about our subscription options at ihs.com/contact

To read the full article, Client Login
(132 of 403 words)

Full report in Chinese:coffee::D

英媒:中国军工企业联手高校推进量子技术在海军应用

参考消息网12月1日报道英媒称,中国船舶重工集团公司和中国科学技术大学签署一项里程碑式的协议,就支持海军任务系统研发的量子技术开展合作。

据英国《简氏防务周刊》网站11月29日报道,根据这项联合计划,双方将在位于华中的武汉成立3个实验室,分别致力于量子导航、量子通信和量子探测技术的研发。

国家国防科技工业局11月28日引述中船重工消息称,该项目将由中船重工提供资金,是这家国有造船企业“对前瞻性、颠覆性技术加大投资力度、推动产业化发展的重大举措”。

中船重工还说,这3个量子实验室将根据海洋装备提升战斗力需求与装备发展需要,支撑科研、促进成果工程化应用、产业化发展。联合实验室将充分发挥军工集团与高等院校的互补优势,面向国家重点战略需求,坚持军民融合、基础研究与应用研究并举。

报道称,这家企业还表示,以量子导航、量子通信、量子探测产业化为目标,大幅提升相关军事领域装备的性能,推进量子信息技术在民用领域的应用。

报道称,中船重工与中国科技大学新签署的这项协议是这家军工企业在过去两年以推动军事技术为目的达成的数项协议之一。这是该集团更广泛战略的一部分,即进行自我转型,不仅成为海军造船和船舶修理的专业公司,而且成为设计和研发支撑这些资产的某些任务系统的专业公司。中国的其他企业,最突出的是中国电子科技集团公司也是这些技术的重要供应商。

报道称,中船重工最近建立的致力于任务系统技术研发的其他伙伴关系包括与中国人民解放军海军工程大学和中国北方工业公司建立联盟。中船重工还在3月为一处新设施揭牌,推动海军技术创新。中船重工说,国防科技工业海洋防务技术创新中心将围绕“国家安全战略需求”。(编译/王海昉)

Look at what a Chinese corvette can do!

056 Corvette launches HQ-10 CIWS to intercept
the sea skimming anti-ship target missile.

dafeng cao 8:01 AM - 7 Dec 2017

DQdKLO7VoAESrTD.jpg

DQdKO_iUMAAUjYM.jpg

As well as for helicopter training... Z-9D landing training with 056 Corvette.
... and also with the YJ-9 AShM.

DQccMOOUIAAiMPy.jpg:large

Credits to dafeng cao, Rupprecht Deino
。。。

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom