What's new

Chinese Navy (PLAN) News & Discussions

Installation of power plants ongoing :coffee::D

225101uo8tgz3wvtjz8v8k.jpg.thumb.jpg

150609lxo6ysw2eopwm73i.jpg

233626bmllp3hrulb3larp.png.thumb.jpg

Last edited:
Is this carrier based on Liaoning design?
type001A developed from type001 (CV16 LiaoNing) ... just Chinese completely build a new aircraft carrier by oursleves. type001A is the 1st step to build China domestic A.C, next will based on Amercian Kitty Hawk class aircraft carrier.

1.jpg

type001A developed from type001 (CV16 LiaoNing) ... just Chinese completely build a new aircraft carrier by oursleves. type001A is the 1st step to build China domestic A.C, next will based on Amercian Kitty Hawk class aircraft carrier.

View attachment 225780

So are there two type 001A being built, or only one?
And is it STOBAR?

1x type001 (CV16,LiaoNing), 1x type001A (CV17, building base on CV16)
Nx type002 (base on Kitty Hawk class)

And type 002 will have what improvements? Also isn't Kitty Hawk like a really old design? Maybe even retired?

And type 002 will have what improvements? Also isn't Kitty Hawk like a really old design? Maybe even retired?
Just China version Kitty Hawk, not copy old design. The importance is install domestic steam-powered catapult system on type002.

type002 (maybe) after 2020
type002.jpg

Just China version Kitty Hawk, not copy old design. The importance is install domestic steam-powered catapult system on type002.

View attachment 225787

So will it be accurate to say that China is very very far behind the US, who has been building such systems for close to half a century!

View attachment 225787

Also, weren't you guys testing EMALS? How is it going? Will it be operational on type 002?

So will it be accurate to say that China is very very far behind the US, who has been building such systems for close to half a century!

Also, weren't you guys testing EMALS? How is it going? Will it be operational on type 002?

My bad, you have already sad that it will be steam catapult on type 002.

U r right ! China steam-powered catapult system behind U.S half a century ... but what about others ? They will behind U.S one century, and behind China half a century.:lol:

My bad, you have already sad that it will be steam catapult on type 002.
Not on type002 ... i only knew current steam-powered catapult system is mature.

U r right ! China steam-powered catapult system behind U.S half a century ... but what about others ? They will behind U.S one century, and behind China half a century.:lol:

Not on type002 ... i only knew current steam-powered catapult system is mature.

You do know that India has already built its first indigenous carrier, which right now is STOBAR.

But the biggest thing is that the US is ready to provide EMALS to India! for an aircraft carrier. Indians are planning to launch a nuclear powered CATOBAR EMALS by 2025.

You do know that India has already built its first indigenous carrier, which right now is STOBAR.
Sure, what about ur Indian Power System ? Indian steam-powered catapult system ? Right now we just seeing a empty hull floating on the water.

Buy or Build sub-systmes ?
1.jpg

But the biggest thing is that the US is ready to provide EMALS to India! for an aircraft carrier. Indians are planning to launch a nuclear powered CATOBAR EMALS by 2025.
"US is ready to provide EMALS to India" ... lol. When truth coming, don't forget to wake me up.

Sure, what about ur Indian Power System ? Indian steam-powered catapult system ? Right now we just seeing a empty hull floating on the water.

"US is ready to provide EMALS to India" ... lol. When truth coming, don't forget to wake me up.

The US has already provided General Atomics the go ahead to give a display of the system to India, which the Navy officials went through, and the way it is going it may be for real.

Even I am surprised to be sure, and hence I looked at the reports closely, but US, the way it operates, will seldom give the company to display and give a presentation attenued to Indian interests if they don't really want to give.

The reasons can be multifold, from balancing China, to increasing Indian reliance on US, to earning some good hard cash. Perhaps the US also has trust that India will not be able to produce the system on its own, or copy it.

Vikrant-class aircraft carrier - Wikiwand

View attachment 225794

Also, what is the status of Chinese EMALS and Rail Gun?
According to me, Rail Gun and lasers have the potential to change the battle field in the same way gun powder did. What was any chance of fighting guns using swords or crossbows?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom