What's new

Chinese national beaten at Vietnam border after refusing to handover money: report

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very sorry that such bad things can happen to a Chinese tourist, or any tourist in Vietnam.

I've heard about the harassment by customs officers, however, never experienced by myself, although I travel abroad quite often.

In addition, one thing should be bear in mind that the Chinese tourists/citizens normally have arrogant attitude in Vietnam. They tend to refuse to obey the rule. although the rules are applied to all, not only to the Chinese. We should hear from both sides before going to conclusion.

You are Vietnamese if you were born in the country. Go to an embassy or consulate in your country and get the paper. And as such you are free to enter and leave Vietnam as you please. Looking for a job or buying a property. Nobody at the border will dare to ask you for money.
dude I was in Vietnam before and they tried to bribe me because I did not put 20$ USD in my passport like some people. my friend who answered the custom guard in Vietnamese had no choice. as I don't speak Vietnamese I just spoke in English and said I don't know what you mean . They let me pass

Very sorry that such bad things can happen to a Chinese tourist, or any tourist in Vietnam.

I've heard about the harassment by customs officers, however, never experienced by myself, although I travel abroad quite often.

In addition, one thing should be bear in mind that the Chinese tourists/citizens normally have arrogant attitude in Vietnam. They tend to refuse to obey the rule. although the rules are applied to all, not only to the Chinese. We should hear from both sides before going to conclusion.
but the article said the lady shouted in Vietnamese then the guards came. it would be stupid of the guards to assume the Chinese man understand Vietnamese. second, even if someone is arrogant, if they are not breaking laws why do you need to beat someone. I would think there be a few guards who can speak Chinese given it is a China-Vietnam border.

This is outrageous, an overseas Viet trying to put the blame on a Chinese tourist. This kind of unacceptable behavior must be exposed more widely so the world can see what kind of a savage country Vietnam is. Is Vietnam that poor that the border guards have to stoop so low harassing Chinese tourists for some beggar money? This explain why some Viet members here keep begging Japan & US for some warships

Hopefully the Chinese tourist can wake up from the 4 broken ribs of the poor newly bridegroom and cautiously pick a safe and sound place to travel. Until & unless this atrocity has been resolved and we do see the improvement in Vietnam, please make Vietnam in your NO-GO list.

Vietnam always welcomes and treats fairly with Chinese tourists: VNAT
(Xinhua) 14:04, February 17, 2017

Vietnam National Administration of Tourism (VNAT) said Friday that the country's tourism sector always welcomes and treats fairly with Chinese tourists, after a Chinese tourist was beaten at a Vietnamese border gate 10 days ago.

"We will continue coordination with relevant agencies to increase quality of products and services so that Chinese tourists to Vietnam should feel satisfied," said VNAT.

The administration made the remark while addressing Xinhua reporter's inquiry over the fact that a Chinese tourist was beaten in Mong Cai border gate in Vietnam's northern Quang Ninh province after questioning fees charged for getting through the border gate on Feb. 7.

"We are very sorry for the incident that has happened", said the VNAT, adding "As soon as learning the news, we have reported the case and urged local relevant agencies to examine, clarify and handle the case in accordance with its nature following the legal regulations."

Vietnam and China are two countries with long-lasting traditional friendship relations. The two parties, governments and peoples always have policies to reinforce and enhance friendship as well as political, economic and cultural exchanges, said the administration.

Over the past time, tourism cooperation between Vietnam and China has enjoyed non-stop development. The number of Chinese tourists to Vietnam as well as Vietnamese tourists to China has constantly increased, the VNAT claimed.

Regarding tourism fees and charges, the administration said they are all publicized by Vietnamese government.

"Charging fees that are not regulated in the state regulations are illegal. We urge travel companies not to charge these fees and instruct this to tourists. All fees for providing extra services should be made public and transparent for tourists," emphasized the Vietnamese tourism authorities.

Targeting that in 2017 and in the coming years, China remains the key market of Vietnamese tourism, the VNAT pledged to coordinate with relevant agencies to create more favorable conditions to Chinese tourists to enter Vietnam.

"We are willing to listen and receive feedbacks of Chinese tourists," VNAT concluded, extending gratitude through Xinhua to Chinese tourists who have come and will come to Vietnam.

Did the Chinese tourist get compensation?

Did the Chinese tourist get compensation?
you reopened the thread to ask the question?

from the news, no not yet. issue is under investigation.

Despite whatever animosity among countries, this is pretty low. Beating up a hapless tourist long way away from home ? Are you kidding me ?
bro, it is a very regrettable event. should have never happened. the chinese tourist may be mistakenly identified as women beating smuggler. you know, it is for common viet people very difficult to differentiate one mainland chinese from other mainland chinese. they tend to look the same. we have the same problem like the French or the Germans with the chinese.

You mean refuse to obey the mandatory bribe rule

No. beating our guests is not our habit. Usually we invite him or her to a pho.

I don't know why such violence came. Or is the chinese man identified as one of those women beating human smugglers?

Tips or whatever the name must be forbidden and enforced. Vietnam will never progress if such thing persists.

By the way tourists are attracted by the huge construction boom right now in Vietnam, especially in luxury hotel sector. Just open: Marriott hotel in Phu Quoc.
JW-Marriott-Phu-Quoc_Waiting-Lounge-916x516.jpg

JW-Marriott-Phu-Quoc_Emerald-Bay-View_3-916x516.jpg

I returned to Vietnam recently, presenting my visa exemption paper to the border control. Hardly 2 minutes passed, I entered Vietnam. No money was paid.

Excuse me, but this man got beaten up and suffered serious injuries requiring medical attention for refusing to pay Vietnamese bribes, which is a well known and famous traditional custom for Vietnamese border officers. I don't know why you keep trying to change the topic, and even accused with zero evidence that the victim is a woman smuggler. Besides, the human traffickers are Vietnamese, not Chinese.

you reopened the thread to ask the question?

from the news, no not yet. issue is under investigation.

bro, it is a very regrettable event. should have never happened. the chinese tourist may be mistakenly identified as women beating smuggler. you know, it is for common viet people very difficult to differentiate one mainland chinese from other mainland chinese. they tend to look the same. we have the same problem like the French or the Germans with the chinese.

No. The man was there to take wedding pictures. He had already paid bribe without knowing. But later, his friend told him that was illegal for the Viet border police to ask. He wanted to inquire about it. But, an angry Viet woman official and several thugs in police uniform took him in an isolated floor and assaulted like any criminal would do.

As for Viet woman beating Chinese you keep bringing up, I know very well how it works. We know lots of them in Taiwan. The system is run by Viet thugs and criminals in Vietnam. They arrange the paperwork. They fix the Viet bride. Oftentimes, Viet lady comes to work. But, unlike the Filipinos, Viet ladies do not do elderly care only.

They also work in massage stores which Japanese like to go.

Viet ladies also work in rural area Karaoke bars, especially those old folks tend to go. Hence, you may see an old man with relatively younger Viet wife.

Now are you satisfied? If you complain about Viet brides and workers, stop the supply. To do this, you need to clamp down on Viet thugs and criminals which run the business. This may also involve lots of Viet politicians and policemen. Hence, Viet corruption.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom