What's new

Chinese national beaten at Vietnam border after refusing to handover money: report

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. beating our guests is not our habit. Usually we invite him or her to a pho.

I don't know why such violence came. Or is the chinese man identified as one of those women beating human smugglers?
Now you want to blame the victim as a human traffickers for his reason to be beaten and not because he refuse to bribe the custom security.

This kind of corruption very well documented by anyone travel to Vietnam, you have to bribe the custom security in other to enter or leave Vietnam or they will create all kind of trouble for you.

i was born in Vietnam and I see no reason for me to go back there.
You are Vietnamese if you were born in the country. Go to an embassy or consulate in your country and get the paper. And as such you are free to enter and leave Vietnam as you please. Looking for a job or buying a property. Nobody at the border will dare to ask you for money.

You are Vietnamese if you were born in the country. Go to an embassy or consulate in your country and get the paper. And as such you are free to enter and leave Vietnam as you please. Looking for a job or buying a property. Nobody at the border will dare to ask you for money.
There are thousand of Vietnamese expat in the US went back to Vietnam for visit all must bribe the custom security if not they create all kind of trouble for them, just like the Chinese guy got beaten up for not paying up the bribe they demand.

Maybe the sides should arrange a better system to manage tourism across the customs at the border to prevent illegal activity and arbitrary behavior by the officers. The two sides are also better to have someone around to speak both languages to prevent any misunderstandings, which usually lead to unnecessary confrontations.

The fact is that both Vietnam and China are developing nations at different stages. China's services are more developed and streamlined with better discipline.

The interesting thing about the incident is that, according to the report, the man was simply heading to make a phone call and a customs official lady began to shout at him. Then six-seven officers took him off and assaulted him on another floor.

That's a hell of an experience. Normally, even if he misunderstood or did something wrong, the assault on him by the officials who are there to protect people in the first place cannot be justified. At best, he would be taken to a room and the matter would be solved through communication.

Nonetheless, the border is there to stay; and the two sides have no other option but improve the process.

Vietnam expands border gate economic zone to boost trade with China
2016-11-17 Xinhua

HANOI, Nov. 16 (Xinhua) -- Vietnamese Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc has approved an expansion of a Border Gate Economic Zone in the country's northern China-bordering Lao Cai province to boost cross-border trade between Vietnam and China.

According to the decision taking effect recently, the Lao Cai Border Gate Economic Zone, some 250 km northwest of the capital Hanoi, will include a tax area, a border gate area and other functional areas, reported Vietnam's state-run news agency VNA on Wednesday.

The expanded zone is expected to be put into operation by the first quarter of 2017.

With the expanded economic zone, Lao Cai's import-export revenue is forecast to reach 4.6 billion U.S. dollars by 2020 and 10 billion U.S. dollars by 2030, said VNA.
Tips or whatever the name must be forbidden and enforced. Vietnam will never progress if such thing persists.

By the way tourists are attracted by the huge construction boom right now in Vietnam, especially in luxury hotel sector. Just open: Marriott hotel in Phu Quoc.
JW-Marriott-Phu-Quoc_Waiting-Lounge-916x516.jpg

JW-Marriott-Phu-Quoc_Emerald-Bay-View_3-916x516.jpg

There are thousand of Vietnamese expat in the US went back to Vietnam for visit all must bribe the custom security if not they create all kind of trouble for them, just like the Chinese guy got beaten up for not paying up the bribe they demand.
I returned to Vietnam recently, presenting my visa exemption paper to the border control. Hardly 2 minutes passed, I entered Vietnam. No money was paid.

Tips or whatever the name must be forbidden and enforced. Vietnam will never progress if such thing persists.

By the way tourists are attracted by the huge construction boom right now in Vietnam, especially in luxury hotel sector. Just open: Marriott hotel in Phu Quoc.
JW-Marriott-Phu-Quoc_Waiting-Lounge-916x516.jpg

JW-Marriott-Phu-Quoc_Emerald-Bay-View_3-916x516.jpg

I returned to Vietnam recently, presenting my visa exemption paper to the border control. Hardly 2 minutes passed, I entered Vietnam. No money was paid.
I'm sure you are not harass for not paying up, didn't mean there thousand of other people are free of harassment without pay the bribe, case and point the Chinese guy got his face smack in for not hand over the bribe to the custom security

I'm sure you are not harass for not paying up, didn't mean there thousand of other people are free of harassment without pay the bribe, case and point the Chinese guy got his face smack in for not hand over the bribe to the custom security
There is good reason why both bribe giver and taker are sanctioned in the West.

I don't know why such violence came. Or is the chinese man identified as one of those women beating human smugglers?

Come on! He was in Vietnam to take wedding pictures. Show some sympathy and focus on the incident itself. We are not debating Vietnam bride here, which is probably more widespread in Taiwan in terms of percentage than in Mainland.

The person in question will likely never visit your country again.

It takes just a few money grubbing fcukers to ruin it all for everybody else. If Vietnam values Chinese tourists then the government should discipline all involved.

Seriously, the bribe money goes up all the time! Ive heard of border security throwing back 5 dollars at the face of a tourist who was actually a Vietnamese American woman!

Despite whatever animosity among countries, this is pretty low. Beating up a hapless tourist long way away from home ? Are you kidding me ?

Come on! He was in Vietnam to take wedding pictures. Show some sympathy and focus on the incident itself. We are not debating Vietnam bride here, which is probably more widespread in Taiwan in terms of percentage than in Mainland.

The person in question will likely never visit your country again.
Vietnam is a righteous country. If the Chinese man suffers injustice in Vietnam then he will be given justice by Vietnam handing over apology and money compensation. As always the case. you may remember some times ago, when Chinese and Taiwanese businesses suffered losses during the Viet riots, all were given sorry and full compensation. Vietnam government even sent a delegation to China, visiting every single victim families, presenting apology.

I wish, Chinese being proud of 3,000 years great civilization could copy from our country a bit.

I can understand if he will never return. Vietnam will miss him.

Vietnam is a righteous country. If the Chinese man suffers injustice in Vietnam then he will be given justice by Vietnam handing over apology and money compensation. As always the case. you may remember some times ago, when Chinese and Taiwanese businesses suffered losses during the Viet riots, all were given sorry and full compensation. Vietnam government even sent a delegation to China, visiting every single victim families, presenting apology.

I wish, Chinese being proud of 3,000 years great civilization could copy from our country a bit.

You are apparently mocking. I do not believe he will be missed. Probably he did not make any friends there to be missed.

Being righteous means solving the issue at the system level, in addition to apology.

bullsh:t

It‘s known that one could pay a few dollars to cross Vietnamese as well as Cambodian borders without a visa. Small business could also bribe the border guards to get their goods cleared without being taxed at the border. It’s also used as human trafficing such as Urghurs who were led cross the borders and transferred to Tailand. These Viet and Cambodian border guards are quite corrupt.

For people who have paid and obtained legal visas they usually refuse to pay more. China should close down the border trade and tourism for a while before the bribery thing is investigated and solved.

Unnecessary to spew such thing. I am pretty sure those border officials will be disciplined if found guilty.

Chinese human smugglers are bad too. They beat the Viet women sold as brides by steel pipe if anyone tried to escape as a recent report revealed recently.

That is extremely despicable.
Hehe, you compared smugglers of China and officials of Vietnam, you want to hint that officials of Vietname are criminal? very low comparision.

Hehe, righteous country?! because you don't know how dark you are.

As to copy from you, hope you really have the advantage, but not self righteous, we Chinese also want a thousand-years student of China can perform well, and let China learn from him in return, but not just make hollow talk.

Don't say you "miss" him, don't you find it is very hypocritical, living in western country make you very hypocritical.

Last edited:
You are apparently mocking. I do not believe he will be missed. Probably he did not make any friends there to be missed.

Being righteous means solving the issue at the system level, in addition to apology.
if not friends, but he will probably miss Hanoi Opera House. a great place for cultural interested people.

upload_2017-2-12_14-53-50.png

upload_2017-2-12_14-52-54.png

upload_2017-2-12_14-53-2.png

upload_2017-2-12_14-53-13.png

It‘s known that one could pay a few dollars to cross Vietnamese as well as Cambodian borders without a visa. Small business could also bribe the border guards to get their goods cleared without being taxed at the border. It’s also used as human trafficing such as Urghurs who were led cross the borders and transferred to Tailand. These Viet and Cambodian border guards are quite corrupt.

For people who have paid and obtained legal visas they usually refuse to pay more. China should close down the border trade and tourism for a while before the bribery thing is investigated and solved.
Ok you admit supporting corruption. That is the first step to self healing. Thanks to people like you, corruption persists in Vietnam. But you may rethink if closing trade and tourism to Vietnam is worth of that event. VN-CN trade is $100 billions a year, and VN is the only market that grows for Chinese goods. 10 millions Chinese may become very angry if they lose jobs and incomes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom