What's new

Chinese Manga is coming...good ;)

forget about where the philosophy or idea originated from...just start making your anime & manga characters look Chinese or east asians first instead of typical caucusian
Says who? You? Have you ever looked at a mirror before?

Lol.. these women look like indian to me...
Yes, after adding a bit of black shade to it.

Couple of Chinese animation movies I've enjoyed recently (the 1st one received an English dub, not the other way around):

I want to see this one, but I don't live in China, so no source found:

Last edited:
For me personally, this was the Chinese prototype/tech demonstration trailer that put NOT most but ALL Japanese anime & manga past & present to shame:

P.S.: Take that Naruto (the old anime series not the new one), Lambert from Dragon Nest is way better than u! :P

To really be a cultural power, China has to give more space to its cultural industries, for creativity.

We have a rich culture, a lot of ancient mythical story to tell, awesome clothing that will enchant Chinese animation and gaming industries, we will have a lot of room for creativity, it's just a beginning. Unlike Japanese, they can't only rely on inventing story of western nations such as Vampire D in order to win western audience.

We have a rich culture, a lot of ancient mythical story to tell, awesome clothing that will enchant Chinese animation and gaming industries, we will have a lot of room for creativity, it's just a beginning. Unlike Japanese, they can't only rely on inventing story of western nations such as Vampire D in order to win western audience.

Again, please try to be honest with yourself.

The influence of Japanese animation, manga, is far far ahead of China.

Also, most of China's literature, and animation, movies usually fall short in overseas market.

Even in similar countries like Korea, most of the entertainment there is either home-grown, or Western/Japanese.

The influence of Japanese animation, manga, is far far ahead of China.
Please read carefully
He said the "culture
In the history and culture, China is far more than Japan

Also, most of China's literature, and animation, movies usually fall short in overseas market.
Because Foreigners do not understand Chinese culture, including you

Please read carefully
He said the "culture

You can't keep relying on your history, and rest on your laurels.

You need to produce things in the present!

Foreigners do not understand Chinese culture, including you

Doesn't matter.
Soft Power is to make others like your stuff.

And soft power creates tangible hard power implications.

Please read carefully
He said the "culture

Foreigners do not understand Chinese culture, including you

Japanese anime influence is wide spread but Japanese animators implement many Chinese culture into their anime. Many of the themes originate from China. :lol:

Japanese anime influence is wide spread but Japanese animators implement many Chinese culture into their anime. Many of the themes originate from China. :lol:

Absolutely.

Yet, still it is Japanese soft power that is influenced, because they consume Japanese stuff.

Time to revitalize Chinese popular culture!

Absolutely.

Yet, still it is Japanese soft power that is influenced, because they consume Japanese stuff.

Time to revitalize Chinese popular culture!

Not China or Chinese problem when Japanese anime - manga fanboys from the West or other countries are ignorant of Chinese themes. If they think the monkey king phenomenon was stolen from Dragon Ball so be it :lol: , if they think Go is a Japanese board game so be it, if they think some anime using the three kingdoms theme is Japanese so be it. People can search online if they are that interested in a certain theme and they will know the origin.

Chinese culture has always been around and never left. When people drink tea, do they think that it originated from Turkey? Japan? UK? India? When people look at porcelain do they think it's a Western or Japanese invention? What about Kung Fu? Indians here say the origin is from India while the world associates it with China. Anime/Manga softpower is overrated. Chinese people watch X-men, Avengers, Marvell movies so ? US softpower has brainwashed the Chinese and start to worship America?

For me personally, this was the Chinese prototype/tech demonstration trailer that put NOT most but ALL Japanese anime & manga past & present to shame:

P.S.: Take that Naruto (the old anime series not the new one), Lambert from Dragon Nest is way better than u! :P
That is a good competitor for Disney movies. It looks better than How to Train Your Dragon but its nearly impossible to compare a CGI movie with most Anime or Manga, Its like comparing Apples to Oranges. Try releasing it in the west and see the reaction pretty sure its going to be popular among the kids

I am not referring to the content., I said its FORMAT.

The first Comic books is from France in Europe title Histoire de M. Vieux Bois (The history or Mr Vieux Bois) or in English The Adventures of Obadiah Oldbuck. First print on 1837 and an individual copy, but was later reprint as Newspaper/Magazine Supplementary comics ala Peanuts Comics format in 1842, and the US is pioneer of these Newspaper/magazine insert comics otherwise known as Comic Strips or in Chinese (漫画杂志). Before that, it's a dry print with single story.

Chinese Manhua is started the same way in 1925 as a comic strip, both as an insert and as a standalone copies, that format was invented by the American since 1842

http://www.dartmouth.edu/~library/d...08589/ocn259708589.html?mswitch-redir=classic

The first original American comic strip is The little bears (1892-1896) which feature a recurring character, the bear.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Little_Bears

While the first modern Dramatic Comic Strip from America is little nemo (1905)

Little_Nemo_1907-09-29.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Nemo

It's also interested to know back In 1900s, the 2 main competition of Comic Strip is America and Germany. Co-incidentally, it was a German that bring the concept of Comic to China in 1903. And started the concept of Manhau soon after.

Content wise, the Manhau in China and Comic book in America is quite different
While most Chinese Manhau talks about event transpire by time (usually from Local hero killing Japanese to Tradition hero or heroine in the older Chinese Tale) Comic Books in the US was taken off in 1930 by the popularization of SyFy Superhero like Superman or Batman, however, animation is dominate by more older tales (such as snow white and mickey mouse)

and yes, I love comics, I went to every comic con in the US, Animation-Comic and Game convention in Hong Kong when I was at those place.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom