What's new

Chinese made A-5 training aircraft crashes in Bangladesh

HK Indian MBT

Reaction score
A training aircraft of Bangladesh Air Force crashed at Patiya upazila in Chittagong on Sunday afternoon.The pilot, Flight Lieutenant Arafat Hossoin, however, ejected himself of the China-made advance training aircraft, A5, minutes before it crashed at about 3:00pm on a marshland near Chankhali village at Patiya, witnesses said. Arafat told local journalists that he was forced to eject himself facing problems due to inclement weather.The Patiya police rescued him.
images

The aircraft took off from BAF Base Zahur at Patenga. The Inter-Services Public Relations officials, however, failed to give details about the incident.With this, at least 16 planes and 3 helicopters of the Bangladesh Air Force and the Army Aviation Corps have so far crashed in the last 20 years.

Eighteen pilots, navigators and passengers have died and 17 injured in the accidents.A Major General, a Lieutenant Colonel, two Wing Commanders, six Squadron Leaders, three Flight Lieutenants, two Flying Officers, a Pilot Officer, a Warrant Officer and a Flight Sergeant were among the people who died in such accidents, according to press reports.
The victims also included cadet pilots.

Most of the planes that crashed were FT-7, PT-6, A5 and F-7MB, manufactured in China.The helicopters that crashed were an MI-17, manufactured in Russia, and two Bell 206, manufactured in the United States.

A training aircraft of Bangladesh Air Force crashed at Patiya upazila in Chittagong on Sunday afternoon.The pilot, Flight Lieutenant Arafat Hossoin, however, ejected himself of the China-made advance training aircraft, A5, minutes before it crashed at about 3:00pm on a marshland near Chankhali village at Patiya, witnesses said. Arafat told local journalists that he was forced to eject himself facing problems due to inclement weather.The Patiya police rescued him.
images

The aircraft took off from BAF Base Zahur at Patenga. The Inter-Services Public Relations officials, however, failed to give details about the incident.With this, at least 16 planes and 3 helicopters of the Bangladesh Air Force and the Army Aviation Corps have so far crashed in the last 20 years.

Eighteen pilots, navigators and passengers have died and 17 injured in the accidents.A Major General, a Lieutenant Colonel, two Wing Commanders, six Squadron Leaders, three Flight Lieutenants, two Flying Officers, a Pilot Officer, a Warrant Officer and a Flight Sergeant were among the people who died in such accidents, according to press reports.
The victims also included cadet pilots.

Most of the planes that crashed were FT-7, PT-6, A5 and F-7MB, manufactured in China.The helicopters that crashed were an MI-17, manufactured in Russia, and two Bell 206, manufactured in the United States.

LMAO if A-5 aircraft is called as advanced which is about 30-35 years old i really under what they call F-7BG1, all crashed aircrafts are very old.

LMAO if A-5 aircraft is called as advanced which is about 30-35 years old i really under what they call F-7BG1, all crashed aircrafts are very old.

China-made advance training aircraft, A5.Thats what chinese Said and you bought it too bro ;)

Yeah, Its a good thing that the pilot ejected before the plane crashed. Too much bad stuff happening around the world these days.

I wonder what this means for the rest of the A-5 planes in Bangladesh's inventory.

Yeah, Its a good thing that the pilot ejected before the plane crashed. Too much bad stuff happening around the world these days.

I wonder what this means for the rest of the A-5 planes in Bangladesh's inventory.

there is a plan to replace 7 A-5 (now 6) and 10 F-7MB with 16F-7BG1 (recently purchased) and officially retire them in 2014. Well They can do it in advance now.

your news source ? those are very old, check history of the aircraft and anyway your super advanced Su30mki crashed recent years.
Yeah what to do Our Super Advanced Fighter Jets Like IAF SU-30 MKI and Your A-5 do crash :bounce:

Yeah what to do Our Super Advanced Fighter Jets Like IAF SU-30 MKI and Your A-5 do crash :bounce:

nothing, just saying that even super advanced fighter also face problem. Anyway post the news source every time when you post some news, it is forum rule :)

In this season air pockets are common in the after noon. I believe PAF wouldn't fly training missions in the afternoons in this season. Moreover it was raining heavy at that time. Don't know if the pilot was fasting also - which is something not allowed for taking to the air after midday when sugar level goes down.

there is a plan to replace 7 A-5 (now 6) and 10 F-7MB with 16F-7BG1 (recently purchased) and officially retire them in 2014. Well They can do it in advance now.

Thats good. Bangladesh is recognizing the need to upgrade its inventory. I do hope your country can buy better planes though once Bangladesh's economy improves. Maybe you guys can get the Gripen, M-346, or the F/A-50.

Thats good. Bangladesh is recognizing the need to upgrade its inventory. I do hope your country can buy better planes though once Bangladesh's economy improves. Maybe you guys can get the Gripen, M-346, or the F/A-50.

for advance training , bangladesh has made deal with Russia for 24 Yak130 this year :)

Back
Top Bottom