Hindustani78

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Chinese, Indian troops in stand-off at Ladakh
Last Updated: Thursday, November 3, 2016 - 17:42

543633-chinese-troops.jpg

http://zeenews.india.com/news/india/chinese-indian-troops-in-stand-off-at-ladakh_1946075.html
Leh/New Delhi: Chinese and Indian troops are locked in a stand-off at the icy heights of Ladakh division since Wednesday after People's Liberation Army(PLA) personnel entered an area where an irrigation canal was being built under the MNREGA scheme and stopped the civilian work.

The incident took place yesterday afternoon in Demchok sector, located 250 km east of Leh, where the work for linking a village with 'Hot spring' was being undertaken under the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MNREGA).

Around 55 Chinese troops arrived at the scene and halted the work in an aggressive manner, prompting the army and Indo-Tibetan Border Police(ITBP) personnel to rush to the spot and stop the high-handedness of Chinese troops, official sources said today.

The Chinese troops took positions on the perceived Line of Actual Control (LAC) and demanded that work be stopped as either side needs to take permission before undertaking any work, a claim disputed by the Indian side which says that as per the agreement between the two countries, information about construction needs to be shared only if it was meant for defence purposes.

Both sides pulled out banners and have been stationed on the ground, the sources said, adding the Army and ITBP was not allowing the Chinese to move an inch ahead despite the PLA claiming that the area belonged to China.

The area had witnessed a similar incident in 2014 after it was decided to construct a small irrigation canal at Nilung Nalla under the MNREGA scheme that had been a sore point with the Chinese.

The PLA had mobilised villagers from Tashigong to pitch Rebos (tents) at Charding-Ninglung Nallah (CNN) Track Junction to protest Indian action.

This time, the sources said, there were 55 personnel from the Chinese PLA whereas nearly 70 personnel from ITBP and army had fortified the area and prevented their march deeper into Indian territory, the sources said.

The 'Hot Spring' is different from the one in Chashool where Police day is observed in memory of 10 CRPF men killed in 1959 by Chinese troops.

PTI

Let's hope Indian troops force the Chinese out this time. Don't need a repeat of the past, where Chinese were allowed to enter Indian territory, set up camp, toast some marshmallows and drink hot cocoa, and then return to China unmolested.

Things with no proof tend to be invisible, like space reptilians.

By invisible, I mean they don't exist.

Yes. Yes. Forgot that they didn't post the video to Indian Army Saarjikal Straike Youtube channel. Have to be fake.

By Youtube, I mean a internet video streaming service popular in the rest of the world.

This new age operating principles of modern army is just amazing. Can you please share the Chinese Army Op Video Channel please? Perhaps the South China streams? The Fishing boat videos.

Was wondering when this would happen.

Good move by India to ensure ITBP receive Chinese and not surprising Chinese had made repeated requests not to deploy ITBP on the border.

ITBP, Chinese forces face off in Demchok over water project

• Demchok_3066952g.jpg

The Hindu
    It is learnt that some civilian project is going on in the area and China has objected to it.
  • LAC_TH_3066883g.jpg

File photo shows Army personnel patrolling along the Line of Actual Control.

". . . Its an eyeball-to-eyeball situation there," says a top government official.
The Indo Tibetan Border Police and the Army have been engaged in a face- off with the Chinese People’s Liberation Army along the Line of Actual Control in Leh’s Demchok area since Wednesday, a top government official told The Hindu.

The official said around 50 Chinese Army personnel had come close to the Indian side of the LAC and were refusing to go back. The Chinese side is objecting to an irrigation project under the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act to link a village with a ‘hot spring’.

“The Chinese Army came on Wednesday afternoon and stayed till night. They went back and returned this morning. It’s an eyeball-to-eyeball situation there. Both the sides have held their ground,” said the official.

The Chinese troops took positions and demanded that work be stopped as either side needs permission before undertaking any work. India disputed the claim, stating that as per the agreement between the two countries, information about construction needs to be shared only if it was meant for defence purposes.

There were nearly 70 ITBP personnel at the site and the Army had fortified the area and prevented further march of the Chinese forces into Indian territory, the official said.

This is the first time since the 2014 incident when Chinese Army had come deep inside the Indian territory in Demchok to protest an ongoing irrigation project

The face off comes days after Prime Minister Narendra Modi celebrated Diwali with Army jawans at a village in Himachal Pradesh, close to the border with China.

Leh's deputy commissioner Prasanna Ramaswamy G. refused to comment on the issue. The official Twitter handle of Army’s Northern Command posted a message saying there was “No Chinese incursion across LAC in Eastern Ladakh.” It further said, “Issues relating to construction projects on both sides of LAC were being resolved at border personnel meeting (BPM) point.” There are designated BPMs at various mutually agreed points along the LAC.

In April this year, residents of Demchok village demanded resettlement due to continued objections by China on laying a drinking water pipeline linking a hot spring to their village.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/india-china-standoff-in-demchok/article9299943.ece

Yes. Yes. Forgot that they didn't post the video to Indian Army Saarjikal Straike Youtube channel. Have to be fake.

By Youtube, I mean a internet video streaming service popular in the rest of the world.

This new age operating principles of modern army is just amazing. Can you please share the Chinese Army Op Video Channel please? Perhaps the South China streams? The Fishing boat videos.

LOL Pakistan denied the strikes ever happened, and even invited international obversers to stay at the LoC and see for themselves.

Whereas India just provided the same level of proof that conspiracy nutters do about space reptilians. I.e. Nothing.

Not sure and I guess most of my fellow Indian's in PDF won't have enough proof of this except the news since no one had seen the incident. :)

But let me ask you something, have you ever seen Mars or Pluto ?? :)

I have a telescope, so yes I have seen them. You don't even need a good telescope to see say, Venus or Jupiter.

There is insurmountable proof that other planets in our solar system exist. Go ask your local observatory, they'll print you a copy.

Which differentiates it from loony conspiracy theories.

So even Chinese believe in ISPR while even Indians have problem believing in Indian army claims of surgical strikes.

1425_3.jpg

LOL Pakistan denied the strikes ever happened, and even invited international obversers to stay at the LoC and see for themselves.

Whereas India just provided the same level of proof that conspiracy nutters do about space reptilians. I.e. Nothing.

Ah... Damn it. Another flawless logic. Fake. Proven.

Indians, lets all give up. Its fake.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom