What's new

Chinese getting tired of ‘Made in China’

Can I say something,

People are making fun of chinese products.

But think on different angle,

They are able to employ millions in such factories and thus decrease the overall poverty numbers and increase HDI index.

I would like to have any type of factories and offices which will employ additional millions in India and finally will help reduce the poverty figures and give a good life to people.

So instead of buying Chinese sports goods they buy Nike and Addidas that are guess what made in China :what:

People always pay a premium for "foreign" brands.

There was some car (I forget) which was the exact same car marketed both under an American and a Japanese brand. People paid extra for the Japanese brand.

In the US, it is a running joke that you can charge extra for any product if you stick Le in front of the brand. So, Le Cafe can charge 20% extra for the same cup of coffee; a cookie sold as a biscotti will cost more.

And, of course, there is the old joke about bottled water Evian spelled backwards...

There are 2 kinds of products in this world. 1) cheap chinese 2) Corporate(This is also chinese)... Almost all branded goods are manufactured by China only. China cannot be avoided; Its has a great potential which India lacks.. Eg, Compaq, HP so on

Are you saying that an army of risk analysts, engineers and CEOs would piss away 8 billion dollars, and that you caught the mistake, and they didn't?
Such things have happened in the past. The design flaw of the U.S. Space Shuttle solid-rocket boosters is perhaps the most prominent recent example: a single engineer was right and everyone else was wrong.

Memory's a commodity product mostly. Optical telecom networks are always one of a kind custom built. The degree of complexity of optical networks and their components such as optical switches, and the components of those, such as DSP chips, are far greater than that of memory products. Huawei produces all of these, as well as in-house designs for cell phone processors.

Speaking of memory though... China makes headway in mass memory system - People's Daily Online
:lol: This is from someone who claimed that China's semicon industry is superior to the Japanese and the South Koreans based upon foundry fabs.

The gist of the BusinessWeek article is about innovations and breakthroughs, more importantly, it is about foundational breakthroughs, of which China is still lagging behind. Was DRAM a breakthrough from China? No. Was NAND? No. Was the IPS LCD technology? No. The list is long just from the computer related industry alone. So please do not attempt to lecture me about the semicon industry. I have been in it far longer than you have, you have yet to have a real job and who still depends on ma and pa for a living.

Back
Top Bottom