What's new

Chinese general arrested for gilded lifestyle

third eye

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Chinese general arrested for gilded lifestyle - Asia-Pacific - Al Jazeera English

201411652244783734_20.jpg

Gu's house, known as the 'General's Mansion', is modelled on the Forbidden City in Beijing

A top Chinese military officer was arrested for corruption after lining his pockets with kickbacks and buying dozens of homes, a gilded statue of MaoZedong, and a "golden boat".

Gu Junshan, a former lieutenant general and deputy logistics chief with great influence within the People's Liberation Army, was arrested after an investigation into his personal affairs.

The Caixin magazine reported this week that the state confiscated possessions including the Mao statue and a mansion he built modelled on the Forbidden City in Beijing.

It alleged he took huge kickbacks through selling military-owned land. In Shanghai, Gu allegedly received a six percent kickback for a military plot that fetched more than $330 million, and in his hometown of Puyang, his family was known for land grabs and property developments, Caixin said.

Officials seized "a gold boat, a gold wash basin and a gold statue of MaoZedong" along with "crates of expensive liquor" on the premises known by localsas the "General's Mansion", according to Caixin.

201411653531708360_20.jpg

Gu has not been seen since early 2012 and his name has been removed from the official Defense Ministry website. Last summer, Gong Fangbin, a professor at the PLA National Defense University, confirmed that Gu was under investigation saying the public was upset over the crimes of Gu and his predecessor.

The predecessor, Wang Shouye, was given a suspended death sentence by a military court in 2006 for taking tens of millions of dollars in bribes.

However, details of the case may never be announced publicly because it most likely will go before a military court.

China’s leadership has issued a raft of bans over the past year ranging fromfancy banquets to expensive gifts, in an effort to deter graft and imposefrugality.

Chinese President Xi Jinping on Tuesday promised a no-holds-barred corruption crusade, warning ruling Communist Party officials that "all dirty hands will be caught", state media reported.

Xi has taken a much-publicised hard line against corruption since coming to power a little over one year ago; stressing that corruption could destroy the party.

Its a good thing Chairman Xi cleanse them out. These people are bad guys among Chinese race. Only Chairman Xi, having a his princelings network is strong enough to go against the gangs of Jiang Zemin.

Gu Junshan is backed by General Xu Caihou, and ex defence minister Liang Guanglie. Unlike Chairman Hu Jintao, Chairman Xi is a strong and powerful leader. He is able to push through a lot of agenda.

Problem is after Chairman Xi, who is able to have so much power? I do not see anyone other than having another princeling to be Chairman.

Its a good thing Chairman Xi cleanse them out. These people are bad guys among Chinese race. Only Chairman Xi, having a his princelings network is strong enough to go against the gangs of Jiang Zemin.

Gu Junshan is backed by General Xu Caihou, and ex defence minister Liang Guanglie. Unlike Chairman Hu Jintao, Chairman Xi is a strong and powerful leader. He is able to push through a lot of agenda.

Problem is after Chairman Xi, who is able to have so much power? I do not see anyone other than having another princeling to be Chairman.

Next target has locked on some big fish. Rules that members of Politburo Standing Committee won't be held for guilty will be broken soon. Rumors said Zhou Yongkang will be prosecuted. I'm not sure if it has been ascertained?

Last edited:
Next target has locked on some big fish. Rules that members of Politburo Standing Committee Rumors won't be held for guilty will be broken soon. Rumors said Zhou Yongkang will be prosecuted. I'm not sure if it has been ascertained?

One of Zhou Yongkang's mistress Shen Bing 沈冰 was same batch as me in NTU. She graduated 1998. At that time, she was an accountancy student and was quite pretty. She had a boy friend in the school of Civil and Structural Engineering, NTU.

Its really difficult to imagine that a cute little girl has grown to be a powerful woman, who marries a real estate mogul. She became 中央政法委信息中心副主任 deputy of information in the Politics and Law Commission.

The destiny of a person is so unpredictable.

One of Zhou Yongkang's mistress Shen Bing 沈冰 was same batch as me in NTU. She graduated 1998. At that time, she was an accountancy student and was quite pretty. She had a boy friend in the school of Civil and Structural Engineering, NTU.

Its really difficult to imagine that a cute little girl has grown to be a powerful woman, who marries a real estate mogul. She became 中央政法委信息中心副主任 deputy of information in the Politics and Law Commission.

The destiny of a person is so unpredictable.

Woooo, people change as the environment varies. In China, you can never imagine the magic of power unless you got a sweet taste of it. Officials or some common people corrupt once they get addicted to the absolute power without legal restrictions. Today even the root class warship the power much more than officials do. Tragedy.

as I said: China army is one of the most useless army in the world bcz of its corrupted generals :agree:

as I said: China army is one of the most useless army in the world bcz of its corrupted generals :agree:

Vietnamese officials are as corrupt if not worse and Chinese soldiers are still the best trained one in the world,nothing like Vietnamese farmers soldiers who can never afford any decent training.

PLA team retains titles in world military pentathlon championship

(Source: China Military Online) 2013-11-21

BEIJING, November 21 (ChinaMil) -- The delegation of the Chinese People’s Liberation Army (PLA), which has attended the 60th World Military Pentathlon Championship, came back to Beijing on November 20, 2013. During the Championship, the PLA delegation won three of the six gold medals in total and held the top four places in women’s singles, achieving its 18th consecutive title of men’s team and 13th consecutive title of women’s team.

The 60th World Military Pentathlon Championship was held from November 10 to 17 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, during which a total of nearly 200 active servicepersons from 27 countries such as China, Germany, Russia and Brazil participated in the competitions. The PLA sent six male and four female athletes to the contest.

The World Military Pentathlon Championship, which is held annually, is an important arena for various countries to present their servicepersons’ quality to the world in peacetime, thus called “a battle to defend military flags”.

The military pentathlon team under the August 1 Military Sports Brigade of the PLA has won 93 world championships and broke the world records for 64 times.

Than I suggest the vietnamese army should invade China. If successful, you will be known in history as Supreme Nam Man who Pacified the Central Plains.

Vietnamese officials are as corrupt if not worse and Chinese soldiers are still the best trained one in the world,nothing like Vietnamese farmers soldiers who can never afford any decent training.
your corrupted, low IQ generals only can train in shooting to get some cheap medals, not to win in the battle.

even no gun, our men still killed yours easily.

translate into English from Chinese website

越南特工竟敢偷袭我军:军方高层大为震怒!
Evening of 4 July 1984 23 am,...... 2:30, the enemy opened fire at the same time, 2:40 end of the operation, killed 10 people and injured 49 people, the enemy got killed 1 person and injured 10 people.
The enemy sabotage actions in terms of combat readiness, tactical means or the use of weapons of view, can be termed a classic special operations, sabotage enemy when using only grenades, directional mines, rockets and plastic explosives man and other explosive weapons not only my staff and technical equipment to cause greater damage, but also covert attempts to combat, army personnel positions until the 6th day of the explosion I still thought just it's enemy shelling to our radar
越南特工竟敢偷袭我军:军方高层大为震怒!

Than I suggest the vietnamese army should invade China. If successful, you will be known in history as Supreme Nam Man who Pacified the Central Plains.
Sorry, ur land is so dirty, barren and polluted with sand storm, we r not interested

Since when a forum post can be used as proof of anything? China regularly launches multinational war games and other kinds of military exercises, our pilots fly long hours and our sailors spend loads of time on the sea operating battleships. Vietnamese army ,navy ,air force can not even afford basic training .a farmer army at best.

Don't compare Vietnam's army to farmers.

Even farmers armed with swords and rifles can defeat super duper vietnam garbage army. :lol:

Since when a forum post can be used as proof of anything? China regularly launches multinational war games and other kinds of military exercises, our pilots fly long hours and our sailors spend loads of time on the sea operating battleships. Vietnamese army ,navy ,air force can not even afford basic training .a farmer army at best.

You are stupid, our best soldiers are from farmers. France, USA and Chinese ran back, because our local military forces.

Back
Top Bottom