What's new

Chinese Flanker Family: J-11, J-16 ... Su-27SK/UBK, Su-30MKK

Su-30MKK2 & PL-12
309c2370489b2184ae6005.jpg
309c2370489b2184ae5104.jpg
309c2370489b2184ae9e08.jpg
309c2370489b2184ae3c03.jpg
309c2370489b2184ae1201.jpg

"The latest image (February 2021) indicated that the J-11D prototype was making various test flights at SAC, suggesting the project is still alive."

(Image courtesy of MSJ via Huitong's CMA-Blog)

1612504772417.png

"The latest image (February 2021) indicated that the J-11D prototype was making various test flights at SAC, suggesting the project is still alive."

View attachment 713743
it was just prototype for test; not for production

Last edited:

View attachment 713743

Before this, you kept telling us that J-11D doesn't exist banning us from mentioning. Now there's J-11D, so are we allowed to bring up this topic? Already told you older Su-27 & J-11 underwent MLU will be redesignated as J-11D. Those old ageing Su-27 that will be unfit to fly soon and too expensive to patch them up, so they'll be recycled and rebuilt into J-11D.

Before this, you kept telling us that J-11D doesn't exist banning us from mentioning. Now there's J-11D, so are we allowed to bring up this topic? Already told you older Su-27 & J-11 underwent MLU will be redesignated as J-11D. Those old ageing Su-27 that will be unfit to fly soon and too expensive to patch them up, so they'll be recycled and rebuilt into J-11D.

One again you were twisting words and I'm actually not sure what's your intention? I'm well aware that there is or at least was a J-11D and even less I banned you for this. But again you are wrong, no regular J-11A/B has been "recycled and rebuilt into J-11D", at least none in PLAAF service.

As such either back up your claim or stop with this BS ... You know how it ends.

One again you were twisting words and I'm actually not sure what's your intention? I'm well aware that there is or at least was a J-11D and even less I banned you for this. But again you are wrong, no regular J-11A/B has been "recycled and rebuilt into J-11D", at least none in PLAAF service.

As such either back up your claim or stop with this BS ... You know how it ends.

The point is there will be J-11D entering production along with J-16 to fill the need for 4.5 generation conventional fighters inventory. Fighters that pull 9G took much more structural punishment than older generation fighters therefore they will be recycled based on condition after exceeding way over 30 years to reduce risk of structural failure while in mid-air especially. So are we allowed to bring up J-11D topic now since you have already started?

The point is there will be J-11D entering production along with J-16 to fill the need for 4.5 generation conventional fighters inventory. Fighters that pull 9G took much more structural punishment than older generation fighters therefore they will be recycled based on condition after exceeding way over 30 years to reduce risk of structural failure while in mid-air especially. So are we allowed to bring up J-11D topic now since you have already started?

Again, I never said it is forbidding to post on the J-11D, I never said there is no J-11D ... I'm not sure why you once again try to start a pissing contest.

Yes, go ahead but back up your claims since so far NOTHING hints towards that the "J-11D entering production along with J-16" and stop spreading lies and unsubstantial rumours as facts and spin you endless long posts on them.

From all we know, there have been at least three J-11D prototypes, they are vry much different to the regular J-11A/B and since so far no production commenced many say it is most likely a dead project now but as it seems, the prototypes are still flying since they are valuable assets you don't only retire. But again, there is no hint yet, taht the J-11D will enter service.

J-11D program is over. There is no point but the new radar developed for J-11D that PLAAF rejected first versions of might be useful for J-11B if it is now improved enough.

4.5 generation is J-16 and J-10C so why buy any J-11D? J-11B can already receive upgrades to AESA and PL-10 with PL-15. This is maybe about 90% J-11D usefulness for less price. Also improves the J-11B which are otherwise much less useful but still have very good design and service.

Back
Top Bottom