What's new

Chinese Envoy: We admire Israel

i hate being compared to jews and don't understand why westerners do so. the most logical comparisons are to russia, korea and japan. jews and chinese have nothing in common whereas koreans and japanese have almost the same culture and russia/china are also very similar.

i also don't believe in IQ and the vast majority of chinese people also don't. no one cares how "intelligent" anyone is they only care about what that can produce, and IQ is a terrible measure for that.

i hate being compared to jews and don't understand why westerners do so. the most logical comparisons are to russia, korea and japan. jews and chinese have nothing in common whereas koreans and japanese have almost the same culture and russia/china are also very similar.

i also don't believe in IQ and the vast majority of chinese people also don't. no one cares how "intelligent" anyone is they only care about what that can produce, and IQ is a terrible measure for that.

As one of my lecturers likes to say - There are plenty of smart people in jail.

i also don't believe in IQ

I do, mate. So you agree to choose some low-IQ tards to be the teacher of your children.

And surely you don't mind a low-IQ surgeon to cut you open next time you are in hospital, God Forbidden!

But they are both a lot cheaper in hourly rates, I bet. A good saving scheme, isn't it? :lol:

and the vast majority of chinese people also don't.

Source, please.

---------- Post added at 03:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 AM ----------

As one of my lecturers likes to say - There are plenty of smart people in jail.

Agreed, until they are smart enough to get caught...oops!

夜路走多终撞鬼 一失足成千古恨

I feel from your post you are a person who only care about results.

Edit: as a further note, I also do not believe that concept such as natural selection and survival of the fittest should be brought to bear on areas of human social issues (Or that they even have much point in such context). Unlike animals, humans are capable of conscious rational thought. A win-win solution of the wider community should always be sought after whenever possible.

Last edited:
夜路走多终撞鬼, 一失足成千古恨
I feel from your post you are a person who only care about results.

I don’t know how you would take it, but 撞鬼 and 失足 are darn severe results that I would avoid at all costs. :D

So you 夜路走多终撞鬼, 一失足成千古恨? :lol: Don’t worry, mate. I forgive you for making that blunder.

But千古恨 is still too early to tell. I’ll see what can I do to relocate some dumbest attorneys with the lowest IQ available (aka the one with the cheapest rates? I believe you don’t mind at all) to try to get those smart people out. :lol: Say what a waste of talents!

Edit: as a further note, I also do not believe that concept such as natural selection and survival of the fittest should be brought to bear on areas of human social issues (Or that they even have much point in such context). Unlike animals, humans are capable of conscious rational thought. A win-win solution of the wider community should always be sought after whenever possible.

Well I am glad that you not alone in that, for many primates think the same amongst their corresponding communities as well, I guess. It’s not fair, isn’t it? Or perhaps only the fittest, rather than the dumbest (aka low IQ? ), would choose win-win either as an alternative or the ideal result, rather than sticking to win-loss all the time? :azn:

Good night!

I do, mate. So you agree to choose some low-IQ tards to be the teacher of your children.

And surely you don't mind a low-IQ surgeon to cut you open next time you are in hospital, God Forbidden!

But they are both a lot cheaper in hourly rates, I bet. A good saving scheme, isn't it? :lol:

Source, please.

---------- Post added at 03:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 AM ----------

How can you believe in IQ as a quantitative measure of intelligence when it is not an interval scale? At most, you can say one is "more" intelligent than other, but "how much more"? We all know that the difference between 101 IQ and 100 IQ, and 0 and 1 IQ is not the same, therefore the scale is merely ordinal and a relatively useless measure for quantitative analysis. in fact you cannot even take the average of ordinal numbers so to speak of an average IQ is incorrect. this is basic statistics.

it also does not take IQ to become a doctor, it takes the ability to memorize textbooks to go through medical school but no critical thinking or hands on work that public administration, physical science, computers and engineering needs. I'd definitely trust the lower IQ doctor because he will go by the book and won't think outside the box, you don't want doctors thinking outside the box and diagnosing you with some rare disease that requires immediate open heart surgery when its a cold.

Last edited:
Also IQ is not a good indicator for political ability. Not saying you should get retards into politics just that beyond a certain extent it is a fuzzy area.

How can you believe in IQ as a quantitative measure of intelligence when it is not an interval scale? At most, you can say one is "more" intelligent than other, but "how much more"? We all know that the difference between 101 IQ and 100 IQ, and 0 and 1 IQ is not the same, therefore the scale is merely ordinal and a relatively useless measure for quantitative analysis. in fact you cannot even take the average of ordinal numbers so to speak of an average IQ is incorrect. this is basic statistics.

it also does not take IQ to become a doctor, it takes the ability to memorize textbooks to go through medical school but no critical thinking or hands on work that public administration, physical science, computers and engineering needs. I'd definitely trust the lower IQ doctor because he will go by the book and won't think outside the box, you don't want doctors thinking outside the box and diagnosing you with some rare disease that requires immediate open heart surgery when its a cold.

( Mods,

I promise that the following would be my last "off-topic" post here. Please do not delete it. I thank you.
)

Dear below_freezing,

While I can easily refute your detailed remarks on IQ sentence by sentence to the extent of word by word since they represent some of the very basic misunderstandings on the subject, I choose not to do so, as being a Chinese you deserve a much better response.

Due to my heavy schedule, I usually spend very little time here (minutes or so ever other day) to mainly have a gauge on what’s new in China’s defence tech. Therefore, I hope you understand that I don’t usually dive into some unrelated topics like this one, or the significance of Freedom of Speech of Liu and his wife for example, any deeper than the surface. Being a Ph.D, although I still don’t know many things, I do know one thing well that I rarely indulge myself in any unscientifically proven concepts, and IQ is not one of them.

IQ is the borderline key area of interests and inter- disciplinary link of multiple modern sciences such as microbiology, molecular biology, child development, sociology, forensic psychology, gender studies, educational psychology, personality psychology, psychometrics , anthropology and genetics to name a few, many of them being strictly quantitative in nature. While there are still many questions left to be explored, the very existence of IQ is beyond dispute proven by aforementioned science disciplines through rigorous researches, both qualitative and quantitative, by generations of renounced scientists in every part of the world. Some of these people are Nobel Laureates in the related fields, or in the Nobel winning research labs, with many honourablely listed in Academy of Sciences of their corresponding countries.

I firstly thought you were trying to be PC here, now as a friend I am obliged to recommend you a simple reading list if you are interested in further discussions along the line:

1. Prof. Richard Lynn and Dr.Vanhanen’s research work, starting from IQ and the Wealth of Nations.

2. Prof. J.P. Rushton’s research work, starting from Race, Evolution and Behaviour.

These two will provide you some basic building blocks on IQ and related matters, and would answer some of the basic questions/doubts you and No-Name raised on the subject.

3. then you can go on to start reading some scholarly journals related to IQ research such as Harvard Educational Review , the Science Creative Quarterly, Brain Research Reviews, Oxford University Press, American Journal of Psychology, Nature Genetics, Behavior Genetics Quartetly, Journal of Molecular Biology, American Journal of Psychiatry, and American Journal of Medical Genetics, to name a few. Pay attention to research papers (yes, many of them are quatitative) of Jensen (1969), Herrnstein and Murray (1994), Kimberling, Pennington & DeFries (1994). Finkel D, Pedersen, McGue, & McClearn (1995), Wahlsten D. (1995), Hill, Chorney, & Plomin(2002), Winterer and Goldman D. (2003), Plomin R and Spinath FM. (2004), to name a few.

4. Then as an intermediary level amateur, you might want to blog a bit, may I recommed Dr. Steven Saylor who maintains a comprehensive related online database and a popular blog on IQ.

If you are a hardcore quant guy, I can PM you at a proper time if you like of a pre-moderated quantitative IQ blog maintained by a professor as his hobby. The professor holds Harvard Ph.D in Theoretical Physics and has been a scientific advisor for several high profile projects funded by the US government and China. By the way, several ongoing projects of Chinese Academy of Sciences would further exhibit the Chinese interests and their pivotal role on the IQ related researches.

Unfortunately, the Western liberal establishment and their mainstream media, pampered by human rights movement since 70s, have systemically discredited and even censored IQ –related scientific researches and findings, for the sake of being politically correct. Their brainwashed propaganda ilk go even further of insanely discrediting some of the most renouned scientists of our time for their measured remarks, as if they were automatically racists or Nazis whenever IQ is mentioned. Dr. J. D. Watson, the discoverer of DNA and the "founding father" of modern Molecular Biology, was amongst the most recent high profile cases. Prof Lynn and Prof Rushton mentioned previously also endured heavy liberal media bias and censorship for their research. A shame indeed!

I hope this would help.

Regards.
:cheers:

Israel was/is/and will always be our close friend. However, when it comes to allies, we have one and only one, that is Pakistan.

you are damn wrong.

I came from Shanghai, we have 20 million Chinese living in that city. as the commercial and financial hub of the nation, plus our 400 years history of leading the nation, we surely represent China and Chinese well.

If you compare people in Shanghai with people of Israel, you see so many common attributes: smart, innovative, sensitive to number and money, hard working, strong family values.

you are damn wrong.

I came from Shanghai, we have 20 million Chinese living in that city. as the commercial and financial hub of the nation, plus our 400 years history of leading the nation, we surely represent China and Chinese well.

If you compare people in Shanghai with people of Israel, you see so many common attributes: smart, innovative, sensitive to number and money, hard working, strong family values.

Strong family values is hard to quantify, and if we use divorce rate from our largest cities then we'll find that Beijing has a divorce rate of 39% and 38% for Shanghai. We can say that these are representations of future divorce rates for developed areas. This is higher than that of Japan (27%) and Israel (14%) but lower than Russia (43%) and South Korea (no hard data found; said to be world's 3rd highest).

Russia: 1/3 of all scientific literature published in russian (innovative and smart), strong commodities traders in cold war (financially sensitive), hard working, strong family values, only 5% weaker than ours!

Japan: has many top 10 companies in terms of patents (innovative and smart), 2nd largest foreign reserves (financially sensitive), extremely hard working with higher workplace pressure than chinese companies, even stronger family values than chinese!

Israel: number of top 10 companies by market value 0. average IQ: 90 (don't like using this scale but it's there). Number of top 10 companies by patent number 0. Not in top 10 list for number of scientific articles published in any field. There is only 2 measure where Israel surpasses others: family values and Nobel Prizes. But what the hell is a prize worth when that cannot be translated into industrial production? Number of nobel prizes (where the selection process is not transparent and there may be signs of bias) is an inferior measure of average scientific ability than the number of articles published by top journals.

Smart, innovative, financially sensitive, hard working and strong family values are not exclusive to Jews. In fact, some of them are not even found in Jews. What is found in Jews is their ability to manipulate others and play financial games to steal money, something Asians and Eastern Europeans don't do. Jews are rarely the leaders of manufacturing enterprises but are frequently found doing Finance, why's that?

Also, note how Israel, in ancient history, been continuously conquered and defeated while other, smaller states have survived. This shows that the Jew is inherently conflictprone and the current status of Israel is a historically new event that is promoted by the US. Jews are not good at diplomacy.

Israel was/is/and will always be our close friend. However, when it comes to allies, we have one and only one, that is Pakistan.

ummm, our only ally technically is north Korea by sign of the treaties back decades ago. pakistan is close yes but no defensive pact was ever made with them

ummm, our only ally technically is north Korea by sign of the treaties back decades ago. pakistan is close yes but no defensive pact was ever made with them

do you seriously believe we still honor that treaty sign with the NK?

trust me dude, PLA has detailed plans on how to wipe out the current regime in NK when it becomes necessary.

do you seriously believe we still honor that treaty sign with the NK?

trust me dude, PLA has detailed plans on how to wipe out the current regime in NK when it becomes necessary.

every nation has everything planned. USA has plans to invade canada or britain if necessary. it's not like north korea is bad for us. keeps jap-anese and south koreans on their toes.

Back
Top Bottom