What's new

Chinese electromagnetic launcher (railgun, coilgun .etc) informational pool

This video was posted on Dec 2017 and quoting Ma Weiming reported claiming China is at least 10years ahead of US and a real railgun has long tested on Inner Mongolia. Many people thought he is BS or boasting but fast forward 2 months later...

He is not boasting and what he say is just the reality.
du8_uuovqaau-5p.jpg

This video was posted on Dec 2017 and quoting Ma Weiming reported claiming China is at least 10years ahead of US and a real railgun has long tested on Inner Mongolia. Many people thought he is BS or boasting but fast forward 2 months later...

du8_uuovqaau-5p.jpg

Oh yeah. The cruel reality to be faced are not us.

He also stated that the EM system is one generation ahead USA. LOL

Now the options in your hand. Yes or No?:D

du8_uuovqaau-5p.jpg

The big gun in NeiMeng may not be a railgun because there is no any power supply equipments around it.

The advance integrated electrical power system still not be installed on any ship.

The big gun in NeiMeng may not be a railgun because there is no any power supply equipments around it.

The advance integrated electrical power system still not be installed on any ship.

OK, why not make it clear? Do you trust Professor Ma and the 'one generation ahead USA' issue?
:D

I can dare to bet Professor Ma is willing to bet his life with his claim. There are already plenty of indication even before his announcement. And he dont get first class national award from President Xi for nothing or faking...

OK, why not make it clear? Do you trust Professor Ma and the 'one generation ahead USA' issue?
He has no ball to bet with you. :enjoy:

To be fair, Mr. Ma is definitely more credible than you :enjoy::tup:.

You're missing some key facts here. I recommend you read up on numerous electromagnetic weaponry studies found on Chinese journals. Last week, a rail gun was placed on a Chinese ship ... the first for any nation. To have the China is always behind mindset should be backed up with evidence rather than a simple "LOL". If you cannot disprove Ma's claim ... Then you best not attack it. It could be that Ma is exaggerating but it could also be an interpretation of confidence. China has invested much resources in this field ... not less than the United States. We have seen the issue plaguing the current American EM catapult ... If Ma's catapult is reliable, that alone gives it a advantage over the US. Of course, we won't know for sure until a few years later ...

Abstract of a research paper published in Sept. 2013 :coffee::lol::D

论证了1门200mm口径超大炮口动能电磁轨道炮用以进行高超声速发射,目标是将20kg弹丸的初速提高到2500m/s,其炮口动能将超过62MJ。通过多个不同算例的计算,综合考虑电枢受力、电流密度与峰值电流、电感梯度和技术风险等因素,最终选择了一种简单轨道炮结构。基于200MJ电容器组储能式脉冲电源系统,建立了轨道炮系统仿真模型并进行了分析,设计的发射器身管长为8m,铜轨道电感梯度约为0.4μH/m,峰值电流约为7MA,有效电流不低于6MA,弹丸炮口初速可达到2540m/s,炮口动能达到64MJ,系统效率为31.8%

电磁炮的技术优势主要表现在高初速,远射程和大威力上,其战术价值可用于远程打击和火力压制、反临近空间平台作战、高速小目标末端防御等方面。电磁炮有望成为可大幅度提升军队装备能力的新概念武器。电磁轨道炮技术在我国的发展经过了三个主要阶段。由于大电流对轨道和电枢材料的烧蚀,以及超大规模电源系统的限制,上个世纪电磁轨道炮技术发展缓慢 j。进入 21世纪以来,电磁轨道炮技术开始快速发展,许多关键技术取得了突破。笔者从基础设计理论、电枢受力、电流密度与峰值电流、电感梯度和技术风险等角度探讨了简单轨道炮、串联增强轨道炮、两匝轨道炮的优势与不足,根据分析结果选定简单轨道炮作为超大炮口动能轨道炮的基本方案,对该方案进行了详细的分析计算

Abstract of a research paper published in Sept. 2013 :coffee::lol::D

论证了1门200mm口径超大炮口动能电磁轨道炮用以进行高超声速发射,目标是将20kg弹丸的初速提高到2500m/s,其炮口动能将超过62MJ。通过多个不同算例的计算,综合考虑电枢受力、电流密度与峰值电流、电感梯度和技术风险等因素,最终选择了一种简单轨道炮结构。基于200MJ电容器组储能式脉冲电源系统,建立了轨道炮系统仿真模型并进行了分析,设计的发射器身管长为8m,铜轨道电感梯度约为0.4μH/m,峰值电流约为7MA,有效电流不低于6MA,弹丸炮口初速可达到2540m/s,炮口动能达到64MJ,系统效率为31.8%

电磁炮的技术优势主要表现在高初速,远射程和大威力上,其战术价值可用于远程打击和火力压制、反临近空间平台作战、高速小目标末端防御等方面。电磁炮有望成为可大幅度提升军队装备能力的新概念武器。电磁轨道炮技术在我国的发展经过了三个主要阶段。由于大电流对轨道和电枢材料的烧蚀,以及超大规模电源系统的限制,上个世纪电磁轨道炮技术发展缓慢 j。进入 21世纪以来,电磁轨道炮技术开始快速发展,许多关键技术取得了突破。笔者从基础设计理论、电枢受力、电流密度与峰值电流、电感梯度和技术风险等角度探讨了简单轨道炮、串联增强轨道炮、两匝轨道炮的优势与不足,根据分析结果选定简单轨道炮作为超大炮口动能轨道炮的基本方案,对该方案进行了详细的分析计算
Translation of the 2013 paper abstract:
A 200mm caliber muzzle kinetic energy electromagnetic rail gun was demonstrated for hypersonic launch. The goal is to increase the muzzle velocity of a 20kg projectile to 2500m / s and its muzzle kinetic energy to exceed 62MJ. Through the calculation of several different examples, a simple rail gun structure was finally selected by comprehensive consideration of factors such as force of armature, current density and peak current, inductance gradient and technical risk. Based on 200MJ capacitor bank impulse power system, the simulation model of rail gun system was established and analyzed. The designed emitter length is 8m, the inductance gradient of copper track is about 0.4μH / m, the peak current is about 7MA, Effective current of not less than 6MA, the projectile muzzle velocity of up to 2540m / s, muzzle kinetic energy of 64MJ, the system efficiency of 31.8%.

The technical superiority of the electromagnetic guns mainly manifests in the high muzzle velocity, long range and great power. Its tactical value can be used for long-range strike and fire suppression, anti-pro-recent space platform combat and high-speed small target end defense. Electromagnetic guns are expected to become a new concept weapon that can greatly enhance the capability of military equipment. Electromagnetic rail gun technology in our country through the development of the three main stages. Electromagnetic rail gun technology has been slow to develop in the last century due to the high current ablation of rail and armature materials and the limitations of very large power systems. Since entering the 21st century, electromagnetic rail gun technology began to rapidly develop, and many key technologies have made breakthroughs. The author discusses the advantages and disadvantages of simple rail guns, tandem reinforced rail guns and two-turn rail guns from the perspectives of basic design theory, armature force, current density and peak current, inductance gradient and technical risks. According to the analysis results, As the basic scheme of the track gun with large muzzle kinetic energy, the track gun has been analyzed and calculated in detail

Last edited:
Although Ma does have significant credentials and authority of expertise under his belt, for his claims to be truly believable he would need to prove that he is fully informed of the nuts & bolts of the US railgun program as well as the progress and future direction of BAe and GA railgun projects, something that is very unlikely. For anyone, including engineers as high-up as Mr. Ma, to make such comparisons without unequivocal doubt would be an impossible feat given that the only personnel with direct access to American railgun test data and blueprints would be, well, the US railgun engineers themselves.

I can dare to bet Professor Ma is willing to bet his life with his claim. There are already plenty of indication even before his announcement. And he dont get first class national award from President Xi for nothing or faking...

He has no ball to bet with you. :enjoy:
You understand me, bro. lol

To be fair, Mr. Ma is definitely more credible than you :enjoy::tup:.

You're missing some key facts here. I recommend you read up on numerous electromagnetic weaponry studies found on Chinese journals. Last week, a rail gun was placed on a Chinese ship ... the first for any nation. To have the China is always behind mindset should be backed up with evidence rather than a simple "LOL". If you cannot disprove Ma's claim ... Then you best not attack it. It could be that Ma is exaggerating but it could also be an interpretation of confidence. China has invested much resources in this field ... not less than the United States. We have seen the issue plaguing the current American EM catapult ... If Ma's catapult is reliable, that alone gives it a advantage over the US. Of course, we won't know for sure until a few years later ...

TBF, Professor Ma has no need to exaggrate anything. He has been rewarded the top awards at the level of Nation for science and technology.

To make it clear, Professor Ma point to the equipment in live news and said that his system is one generation ahead of USA. I DO trust him just like I trust Professor Pan Jianwei.

So what's your option for his claim with technological view?:-)

Although Ma does have significant credentials and authority of expertise under his belt, for his claims to be truly believable he would need to prove that he is fully informed of the nuts & bolts of the US railgun program as well as the progress and future direction of BAe and GA railgun projects, something that is very unlikely. For anyone, including engineers as high-up as Mr. Ma, to make such comparisons without unequivocal doubt would be an impossible feat given that the only personnel with direct access to American railgun test data and blueprints would be, well, the US railgun engineers themselves.

Try to learn some concept model or technology roadmap then talk. No need to quote/reply me for this issue anymore.Thanks.

I think we should compare them after 054B go into service.
I am afraid they are going to manage launch the satelite into space using this system at that time. Time is good thing and will change many things. Let's wait and see.

You understand me, bro. lol

TBF, Professor Ma has no need to exaggrate anything. He has been rewarded the top awards at the level of Nation for science and technology.

To make it clear, Professor Ma point to the equipment in live news and said that his system is one generation ahead of USA. I DO trust him just like I trust Professor Pan Jianwei.

So what's your option for his claim with technological view?:-)

Try to learn some concept model or technology roadmap then talk. No need to quote/reply me for this issue anymore.Thanks.

I am afraid they are going to manage launch the satelite into space using this system at that time. Time is good thing and will change many things. Let's wait and see.

Ma Weiming was not talking about railgun, he was talking about his integrated electrical power system. And the system still not be installed on any ship.

Didn't US always claim Chinese carry out espionage and steal their data? I can bet Professor Ma is disappointed with the data he obtained through his agent from US and able to conclude US are far behind in his research. :enjoy:

Didn't US always claim Chinese carry out espionage and steal their data? I can bet Professor Ma is disappointed with the data he obtained through his agent from US and able to conclude US are far behind in his research. :enjoy:
If it is so easy to steal US tech data, India should have all the US military secrets since they claim to have the biggest "IT" sector in the world. Plus they claim36% NASA scientists are Indians and majority of silicon valley are Indians
:lol:

If it is so easy to steal US tech data, India should have all the US military secrets since they claim to have the biggest "IT" sector in the world. Plus they claim36% NASA scientists are Indians and majority of silicon valley are Indians
:lol:
Well, to be fair India probably has stolen US secrets ... unfortunately, there are unable to reverse-engineer or incorporate them into domestic designs simply because of their industry (or lack thereof). As a result, we see the Indian military importing everything from parachutes and light machine guns to fighter jets.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom