What's new

Chinese consulate in US damaged in arson attack

vicky sen

Reaction score
Country
India
BEIJING: The Chinese consulate in San Francisco said on Thursday that its compound was damaged in an arson attack and urged American authorities to protect the safety of its diplomats and its premises.

The consulate said in a notice on its website that a person came out of a van parked outside the compound on Wednesday night with two buckets of gasoline, poured the fuel on the front of the building and set it on fire. The notice, which was in Chinese, did not identify the individual or say how the consulate knew what had caused the fire in the consulate.

The notice said the fire caused serious damage and that San Francisco's police and fire departments arrived at the scene.

It called the incident "a sabotage of a vile nature' and said China had urged US to launch an immediate investigation.

Chinese consulate in US damaged in arson attack - The Times of India

Last edited:
If U.S. is willfully negligent, it should think that carefully again.

Chinese people are not dumb.

If U.S. is willfully negligent, it should think that carefully again.

Chinese people are not dumb.

What are the Chinese going to do about it? Many Chinese citizens have been killed. For example in Pakistan. What have they done?

Chinese people killed in Pakistan was not due to Pakistan's government's willfully negligent.

What happens in U.S. is different.

About what China can do about it??? Well, how about we also reduce our protection against U.S. embassies in China. Does U.S. want that to happen??? I suppose U.S. has more serious enemies than China.

Chinese people killed in Pakistan was not due to Pakistan's government's willfully negligent.

What happens in U.S. is different.

About what China can do about it??? Well, how about we also reduce our protection against U.S. embassies in China. Does U.S. want that to happen??? I suppose U.S. has more serious enemies than China.

Really? How is it any different? Be more specific don't stop there. Don't Pakistan have bodyguards for the Chinese workers? I didn't realize the Chinese had so many serious enemies. After what happened in Tiananmen Square. This could be the beginning for the Chinese. After what happened in Africa for Chinese workers.

Taliban terrorists target everyone. Bodyguards do not guarantee your safety. Trust me, indians' possibility of death in Pakistan is not lower than Chinese.

As what happened in Tiananmen Square, you think those Uighur terrorists will distinguish between Chinese and non-Chinese??? When terrorists attack, your passport does not make you safe.

For what happened in Africa, only Chinese are targeted??? Indians do not fare much better either. When you are in the middle of conflicts, you think your nationality will make you safer???

BTW, China does much better rescuing her citizens there. At the same time, China ships have helped rescued a lot of citizens from other countries, including indians, vietnamese, europeans and etc. I hope you have not forgotten that.

China cannot guarantee terrorists' attacks won't happen. However,we will make sure those terrorists, their families, those who help them are all on their fast track to hell.

Really? How is it any different? Be more specific don't stop there. Don't Pakistan have bodyguards for the Chinese workers? I didn't realize the Chinese had so many serious enemies. After what happened in Tiananmen Square. This could be the beginning for the Chinese. After what happened in Africa for Chinese workers.

Back
Top Bottom