What's new

Chinese CH-47 Chinook exposed

I don't see the point of it. Why should China try to get Ch-47 where it can easily get Mi-26 from Russia. Mi-26 flies faster, carries more payloads and has a longer ranger.

The Chinook is more practical.

I dont quite understand why PLAAF would bother with making military Ch-47 copies.

It would be far better to copy the Mi 26. Modernize it, make it more reliable, more maintenance friendly.

Infact I dont quite get why IAF is buying Ch-47's in the first place for heavy lift. Rather IAF would have bought modernized and customized versions of Mi 26 to get around the issue of low service rate of the Mi 26 fleet.

Mi 26 is heads and shoulders more practical than Ch-47 in heavy lift role.

@sancho @Capt.Popeye

And I wonder why India chose the Chinook over the Halo :angel:

In terms of reliability, ease of manufacture, maintenance and practicality, it is the other way around.

And a Filipino is talking about sending astronauts into space? LOL or are you a 50 cent internet warrior for CPC?

Lets talk when you build a prototype...and not Indians but the whole fcking world calls you cheaters and your prducts are below standard be it a cellphone or washing machine when compared with top brands.

LOL...which fcking technology expertise does one need to copy a Humvee man?...It shows your ingrained quality of cheating everything the US does.

P.S-India doesnt claim to be a technological power or a Industrial super power.

Chinese+Military+copies.+%3EImplying+China+is+not+secretly+stealing+secrets_8b8b9c_4588831.png

Okay, Now go over the list again.
And this time take a close look at how many different countries made those platforms
(US, Russia/Ukraine, Israel, Spain/Germany/France) I'm probably missing some*
And on other hand, China managed to "copy" them alone!

And btw below standards you say?
call bombardier aerospace and ask them who makes the fuselage and wings of their beloved $60 million GLOBAL EXPRESS business jet?

And this time take a close look at how many different countries made those platforms

call bombardier aerospace and ask them who makes the fuselage and wings of their beloved $60 million GLOBAL EXPRESS business jet?

So stealing from 10 people makes a thief a mastermind?

Building parts is no big deal..doesnt require any fcking innovation.

Last edited:

FYI,Many of pics he posted depicts truth-China copied/license manufactured Eurocopters,Mig15s ,Mig 21,Tu 16s,An 2s,Su 33s,Su 27s ,An 24s

And COMAC ARJ 21 is based on MD 90,with a new Antonov Designed wing.So stop cheerleading for China.

Who cares. You Indians can't even send a bloody astronaut to space.

We easily 'can'.Technology is already there,what is not there is funding.

did i say anything about innovation?
that was the answer to your "cheap quality" statement.

And buddy, let me tell you something. I spoke to a senior engineer from Pratt & Whitney, and he told me that whenever they DESIGN a NEW engine, they always look at the older, but best one in the same class, and they try to improve it from there. The older design doesn't necessarily come from the their own company.
Does that sound INNOVATION to you!?

Its a Fuc*ing engine! Intake, compressor, combustion and exhaust. there's not much you can do about it. the only thing you can do is to IMPROVE the older design! Have you ever seen a turbine engine without one of the parts that i mentioned? probably not. Is the new GEnx engine any different than the Junker Juno 004 jet engine that powered the first jet? The only thing that's different is that they improved on it.

And if the Chinese decides build an airplane or an engine, and it may happen to look like a western or Russian counterpart then its NOT a big deal.

By the beginning of 1945 it was obvious to von Braun that Germany would not achieve victory against the Allies, and he began planning for the postwar era. Before the Allied capture of the V-2 rocket complex, von Braun engineered the surrender of 500 of his top rocket scientists, along with plans and test vehicles, to the Americans. For fifteen years after World War II, von Braun would work with the U.S. Army in the development of ballistic missiles.

Because of the intriguing nature of the V-2 technology, von Braun and his chief assistants achieved near-celebrity status inside the American military establishment. As part of a military operation called Project Paperclip, he and his "rocket team" were scooped up from defeated Germany and sent to America where they were installed at Fort Bliss, Texas. There they worked on rockets for the U.S. Army, lauching them at White Sands Proving Ground, New Mexico. In 1950 von Braun's team moved to the Redstone Arsenal near Huntsville, Alabama, where they built the Army's Jupiter ballistic missile, and before that the Redstone, used by NASA to launch the first Mercury capsules. In 1960 his rocket development center transferred from the Army to the newly established NASA and received a mandate to build the giant Saturn rockets, the largest of this family of launchers that eventually put an American on the Moon. Accordingly, von Braun became director of NASA's Marshall Space Flight Center and the chief architect of the Saturn V launch vehicle, the superbooster that propelled Americans to the Moon in the 1960s and early 1970s.

Project Apollo: Administrative Personnel Biographies
Right...You are basically saying that the US rocketry program could not exists without the Germans' contributions, which is technically absurd to start. The best thing von Braun did for the US rocketry program was organization, and less on technicality. Yes, he was a smart man, but much of what he knew he admittedly learned from Americans as well as from his own countrymen. He had visions and he knew how to market those visions to the right people, especially those in positions of politically powerful and influence. But it was not as if he could go down to the bullpen and start outthinking every engineers in NASA.

did i say anything about innovation?
that was the answer to your "cheap quality" statement.

And buddy, let me tell you something. I spoke to a senior engineer from Pratt & Whitney, and he told me that whenever they DESIGN a NEW engine, they always look at the older, but best one in the same class, and they try to improve it from there. The older design doesn't necessarily come from the their own company.
Does that sound INNOVATION to you!?

Its a Fuc*ing engine! Intake, compressor, combustion and exhaust. there's not much you can do about it. the only thing you can do is to IMPROVE the older design! Have you ever seen a turbine engine without one of the parts that i mentioned? probably not. Is the new GEnx engine any different than the Junker Juno 004 jet engine that powered the first jet? The only thing that's different is that they improved on it.

And if the Chinese decides build an airplane or an engine, and it may happen to look like a western or Russian counterpart then its NOT a big deal.

Which a/c did the Americans look at before designing something like a SR71 or a RAH 66?

Right...You are basically saying that the US rocketry program could not exists without the Germans' contributions, which is technically absurd to start. The best thing von Braun did for the US rocketry program was organization, and less on technicality. Yes, he was a smart man, but much of what he knew he admittedly learned from Americans as well as from his own countrymen. He had visions and he knew how to market those visions to the right people, especially those in positions of politically powerful and influence. But it was not as if he could go down to the bullpen and start outthinking every engineers in NASA.

I'm not saying anything, I just quoted the paragraph from NASA's website.
It says in there that over 500 hundred scientists were added to US ballistic missile program and later NASA. Now considering that V2 was one the only successful ballistic missile at that time, it definetly gave US a kick start in every rocket science division.
And Not just US, Soviets and British as well benefited from the knowledge as they also captured the German scientists.

Indian *** are burning with every new military equipment China build for their military, you know Indian butt hurt when they stated India spent over 100 billions dollars just to buy military equipment since they can't build it themselves. Over 100 millions of Indian lived under 1 US dollars a day in India, 100 billions to invest and in house build their own military, 100 billions can provide over 10 millions of jobs for the Indian.

Do you have any innovation to show before go after others who are doing a great job even if its copying? What have you achieved? I dont know your nationality but your tone suggests you are an Indian.

So what is India making these days while China is successfully copying other countries?

Do you have any innovation to show before go after others who are doing a great job even if its copying? What have you achieved? I dont know your nationality but your tone suggests you are an Indian.

So what is India making these days while China is successfully copying other countries?

China spent 200 billions dollars in defend budget annually, copy the old desire save China up to 10 of billions dollars annually, Chinook is 70's tech, and China want to have a heavy lifter to ferry their troops and armor, China can used the money they save and manpower to spend them on other military equipment, you only innovate with new desire when there is the need and no technology out there to learn and adapt from.

Some people are really jealous haha

When you work hard and smart you succeed, that's all. :D

And this is only the beginning for China.

Last edited:
China spent 200 billions dollars in defend budget annually, copy the old desire save China up to 10 of billions dollars annually, Chinook is 70's tech, and China want to have a heavy lifter to ferry their troops and armor, China can used the money they save and manpower to spend them on other military equipment, you only innovate with new desire when there is the need and no technology out there to learn and adapt from.

Chinook is 70s technology. Alright. May I ask why Boeing still builds it? Just because some technology is deemed old doesn't its useless.

With a technology base thats developing, copying is the way to go. there are many examples. Like South Korea built under license Ja

Chinook is 70s technology. Alright. May I ask why Boeing still builds it? Just because some technology is deemed old doesn't its useless.

With a technology base thats developing, copying is the way to go. there are many examples. Like South Korea built under license Ja

Old desire doesn't mean it useless, old desire with new engine will have high performance and work as new. Old desire on the surface look outdated but will fill the need.

Back
Top Bottom