What's new

Chinese car market overtakes that of United States

grεy boy 2;584725 said:
we sell chinese cars at use and throw prices. In US a chinese car sells for the price of a Sony 62inch tv.

so people may buy it because what the heck if it is of poor quality. like all other chinese products it is cheaaaaaap.

IN most countries, poor quality and poor safety items wont be allowed to sell.

The cars were banned in Australia and new zealand for not passing safety test.

Why are you trying to argue it being banned with me? i didn't ban it lol.

And you say i should stop making uninformed statements? You should. Chinese cars were selling on the Australian market but were banned. Another idiot who tries to argue with me when i tell him facts. Also you say that chinese cars are going to be rebadged as holdens. That is the biggest load of bullshit i have heard. You made that up.

Holdens are alll manufactured in Australia. The cars china makes do not compare to holden. Holden exports it's cars to America under the badge pontiac. Why the hell would holden import crappy, cheap, unsafe cars from china? Nice lie.

GM Kills Pontiac - Focuses on Boring Brands - Automoblog.net:rofl::rofl:
Another idiot who tries to argue with me when i tell him facts.

GM Kills Pontiac - Focuses on Boring Brands

GM announced today that they will be phasing out the Pontiac:toast_sign: brand by the end of 2010. This news came right after they announced they will also be cutting 21,000 hourly jobs and reducing their dealer count by 42% within the same time frame. This, in an effort to stay out of bankruptcy, of course.

“This action will allow General Motors to devote its limited capital and other resources to GM’s four core brands: Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick and GMC.” So GM wants to kill off the only brand that made them look even slightly sporty and exciting, and focus on the oversized and ultimately “boring” brands.

NEW YORK - General Motors Corp. took a key step toward its downsizing on Tuesday, striking a tentative deal to sell its Hummer brand to a Chinese manufacturer, while also revealing that it has potential buyers for its Saturn and Saab brands.

China’s Sichuan Tengzhong Heavy Industrial Machinery Co. said Tuesday afternoon that it reached an agreement to acquire the brand from GM for an undisclosed ammount. The Detroit automaker had announced Tuesday morning that it had a memorandum of understanding to sell the brand of rugged SUVs, but it didn’t identify the buyer.

Sichuan Tengzhong deals in road construction, plastics, resins and other industrial products, but Hummer would be its first step into the automotive business.

Do you wanna no how many plants Gm has in china how many plants Ford is Building in china or are in process of building them in china with partnership with chinese manufacturer i will be more then happy to share the information iam allowed to share with you.

GM Kills Pontiac - Focuses on Boring Brands - Automoblog.net:rofl::rofl:

GM Kills Pontiac - Focuses on Boring Brands

GM announced today that they will be phasing out the Pontiac:toast_sign: brand by the end of 2010. This news came right after they announced they will also be cutting 21,000 hourly jobs and reducing their dealer count by 42% within the same time frame. This, in an effort to stay out of bankruptcy, of course.

“This action will allow General Motors to devote its limited capital and other resources to GM’s four core brands: Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick and GMC.” So GM wants to kill off the only brand that made them look even slightly sporty and exciting, and focus on the oversized and ultimately “boring” brands.

NEW YORK - General Motors Corp. took a key step toward its downsizing on Tuesday, striking a tentative deal to sell its Hummer brand to a Chinese manufacturer, while also revealing that it has potential buyers for its Saturn and Saab brands.

China’s Sichuan Tengzhong Heavy Industrial Machinery Co. said Tuesday afternoon that it reached an agreement to acquire the brand from GM for an undisclosed ammount. The Detroit automaker had announced Tuesday morning that it had a memorandum of understanding to sell the brand of rugged SUVs, but it didn’t identify the buyer.

Sichuan Tengzhong deals in road construction, plastics, resins and other industrial products, but Hummer would be its first step into the automotive business.

Do you wanna no how many plants Gm has in china how many plants Ford is Building in china or are in process of building them in china with partnership with chinese manufacturer i will be more then happy to share the information iam allowed to share with you.

I don't see the point your trying to make? First you started arguing with me about the fact that a chinese car was banned in Australia. Then you said that china exports cars to to Australia under the Holden brand which is totally untrue and misinformed and now you are posting a news story about pontiac closing down which i am very well aware of. Holden has been exporting cars to America under the Pontiac brand for 3 years now. Are you trying to say they haven't? Otherwise i don't see the point you are trying to make in the subject we were talking about. If you're making a point in another subject that we arnt talking about, i don't want to hear it/

I don't see the point your trying to make? First you started arguing with me about the fact that a chinese car was banned in Australia. Then you said that china exports cars to to Australia under the Holden brand which is totally untrue and misinformed and now you are posting a news story about pontiac closing down which i am very well aware of. Holden has been exporting cars to America under the Pontiac brand for 3 years now. Are you trying to say they haven't? Otherwise i don't see the point you are trying to make in the subject we were talking about. If you're making a point in another subject that we arnt talking about, i don't want to hear it/

Whats wrong with you are you missing some nuts upstairs.

Holdens are alll manufactured in Australia. The cars china makes do not compare to holden. Holden exports it's cars to America under the badge pontiac. Why the hell would holden import crappy, cheap, unsafe cars from china

you claim Holden is building cars under the name of pontiac and sending them to America did or did u not say that.

when i pointed out Pontiac brand is killed by GM which now U claim U knew all along (Pontiac was killed as it was Boring means crap problems and more problems GM could not sell it to people people refused to buy it)but Till i mentioned that you were claiming it to be a superior product Am i clear so For.

Now i asked you to introduce your self where you from which you conveniently left out of your answer thinking you are smart and no one can figure out where you from.
This clearly points out you are here to Troll you have no interest in carying out intelligent conversation.

As we said in a another thread. future belongs to China.

I love Chinese determination to progress without provoking anyone through military misadventures

Whats wrong with you are you missing some nuts upstairs.

you claim Holden is building cars under the name of pontiac and sending them to America did or did u not say that.

when i pointed out Pontiac brand is killed by GM which now U claim U knew all along (Pontiac was killed as it was Boring means crap problems and more problems GM could not sell it to people people refused to buy it)but Till i mentioned that you were claiming it to be a superior product Am i clear so For.

Now i asked you to introduce your self where you from which you conveniently left out of your answer thinking you are smart and no one can figure out where you from.
This clearly points out you are here to Troll you have no interest in carying out intelligent conversation.

You are missing bolts up stairs. I SAID TWICE ALREADY HOLDEN HAS BUILT CARS AND SENT THEM TO AMERICA UNDER THE PONTIAC BADGE. Of course they won't be anymore since pontiac is getting sold, but they have in the past. Not ALL pontiac cars are made by holden only the ute is and the commodore. Holden has only been exporting under Pontiac for 1 year.. The ute IS one of the best selling cars in Australia and New Zealand. It's hardly boring and crap. Holden is the best selling car Brand in Australia and New zealand. Holden cars ARE superior to the chinese cars that were imported to Australia that were also banned because of poor quality and poor safety.

If you have no idea of a subject, DO NOT TALK ABOUT IT. If you can't understand/interperate what someone is saying DON'T REPLY TO THEM. Simple. I considered not replying to you because some of what you was saying was totally off topic and i had no idea what you were on about.

Oh and with regards to my location, the only reason you want to know my location is so when i prove you wrong on something you will reply with something about my country. I am here for a serious conversation, i am having a serious conversation now, i just don't like idiots and i have no time for idiots.

Last edited:
xdrive;585362]You are missing bolts up stairs. I SAID TWICE ALREADY HOLDEN HAS BUILT CARS AND SENT THEM TO AMERICA UNDER THE PONTIAC BADGE. Of course they won't be anymore since pontiac is getting sold, but they have in the past. Not ALL pontiac cars are made by holden only the ute is and the commodore. Holden has only been exporting under Pontiac for 1 year.. The ute IS one of the best selling cars in Australia and New Zealand. It's hardly boring and crap. Holden is the best selling car Brand in Australia and New zealand. Holden cars ARE superior to the chinese cars that were imported to Australia that were also banned because of poor quality and poor safety.

Pontiac isnt being sold its being closed cause it was crap no one wanted to buy crap a brand thats associated with problems do u understand that obvoiusly being from Australia i can understand why you cant understand the difference being sold and closed.

If you have no idea of a subject, DO NOT TALK ABOUT IT. If you can't understand/interperate what someone is saying DON'T REPLY TO THEM. Simple. I considered not replying to you because some of what you was saying was totally off topic and i had no idea what you were on about

Follow your advice here is bit more information for you There is no holden ITS GM
Company Name
GM Holden Ltd

Head Office
191 Salmon Street
Port Melbourne Victoria 3207
Telephone: 03 9647 1111
Facsimile: 03 9647 2550
Home - Holden. Go better.
GPO Box 1714
Melbourne Vic 3001

Main Business
Manufacture and distribution of motor vehicles, engines, components and parts.

Parent Company
General Motors Company, Detroit, Michigan, USA.

I considered not replying to you because some of what you was saying was totally off topic and i had no idea what you were on talking about

i take it most that talk to u either get headaches and jump in the ocean or never ever talk to u again i should follow there lead you are beyond dumb.

Oh and with regards to my location, the only reason you want to know my location is so when i prove you wrong on something you will reply with something about my country. I am here for a serious conversation, i am having a serious conversation now, i just don't like idiots and i have no time for idiots

http://img26.imageshack.us/i/strikinghead.gif/

Ladies and gentleman introducing idiot of the year he still thinks no one knows where he is.:rofl:

Pontiac isnt being sold its being closed cause it was crap no one wanted to buy crap a brand thats associated with problems do u understand that obvoiusly being from Australia i can understand why you cant understand the difference being sold and closed.

I KNOW IT'S BEING SOLD? DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND ENGLISH? Your acting like i am saying it's still be sold. I said holden has exported in the past, there obviously not doing it now because it has closed down.
Follow your advice here is bit more information for you There is no holden ITS GM
Company Name
GM Holden Ltd

Yes i know holden is owned by GM. I never said it wasn't? I am fully aware of these facts i don't know why you are telling me them. Holden in Australia is operated under the name Holden.

i take it most that talk to u either get headaches and jump in the ocean or never ever talk to u again i should follow there lead you are beyond dumb.

I get headaches talking to people from pakistan. You guys have problems with sticking on topic and writing sentences that actually make sense. You guys act like you know everything and continue you argue the facts even though they are fact. Look, heres one example. I have explained to you 5 times that holden exported cars to america for pontiac, you continue to say "NO! They are not! Pontiac has been sold" Obviously! But the exported to them in the past. You need to learn English better so you can understand what people are actually saying.

People from India can understand perfectly what i say, why can't you?

Ladies and gentleman introducing idiot of the year he still thinks no one knows where he is

You are the idiot of the year for thinking you know where i am. Go on, tell us all where you think i come wrong, i want to laugh at you.

Last edited:
Bull Sh!t

even in africa , before a passeneger vehicle is introduced into market, it is made to go thru a series of tests that determine the passenger safety and emission norms.

only if results are satisfactory to a scale , then vehicles are introduced into markets

in developing markets over a period of time when passenger safety methods go obsolete as the standard of roads gets better, so do the speed with which the vehicles are allowed to go on freeways etc.

Then if a vehicle that was adequate to previous safety norms is not found adeqaute enuf now for the new ones, they will be banned and their production is let to end.

This Crap about vehicles getting banned after getting introduced into the market, only shows the incompetetiveness of the respective govt agencies that look after these safety standards and wide spread corruption that is rampant in parts of the world.

Bull Sh!t

even in africa , before a passeneger vehicle is introduced into market, it is made to go thru a series of tests that determine the passenger safety and emission norms.

only if results are satisfactory to a scale , then vehicles are introduced into markets

in developing markets over a period of time when passenger safety methods go obsolete as the standard of roads gets better, so do the speed with which the vehicles are allowed to go on freeways etc.

Then if a vehicle that was adequate to previous safety norms is not found adeqaute enuf now for the new ones, they will be banned and their production is let to end.

This Crap about vehicles getting banned after getting introduced into the market, only shows the incompetetiveness of the respective govt agencies that look after these safety standards and wide spread corruption that is rampant in parts of the world.

I never said they were introduced into the market. For the love of god, please ******* read what i write and don't put words into my mouth.

when 650 million of neighbors do not have access to toliet (even dirty Chinese toliet), they deserve to know the truth.

even when talking about cars in china he remebers only toilets in china...i bet he is sitting in toilet writing these..change the name to shtoilet or something..

With China surpassing the United States as the world's largest automobile market this year, the Chinese government has announced plans to help the nation leapfrog Japan to become the largest producer of all-electric and hybrid vehicles in the world. By committing to electric vehicle production, China is also attempting to reduce urban air pollution, carbon emissions and growing dependence on imported oil.

A current production Toyota Prius nickel metal hydride battery pack uses 30 kilograms of nickel, 2 kilograms of cobalt and 12 kilograms of lanthanum because the active hydrogen storage alloy in the battery is either LaNi4.5Co0.5 or (Ce, La, Nd, Pr)Ni5. The Prius assembly plant in Japan has so far used one and 1.5 million rechargeable nickel metal hydride battery packs and achieved with them some of the lowest numbers of service issues ever seen in the OEM automotive industry. In fact most of the original Prius rechargeable nickel metal hydride battery packs have exceeded their 8-year 100,000 mile warranty and are still functioning, according to Resource Investor website.

China controls 95% of the world’s supply of rare earth elements, a class of ores used not just in Prius batteries but in a wide range of high-technology applications, from sonar systems to wind turbines, mobile phones and fluorescent lights.

Haq's Musings: Will China Corner the Hybrid Car Battery Market?

Haq's Musings: Auto Industry Prospects in India and Pakistan

Back
Top Bottom