What's new

Chinese businesses suspend ties with Houston Rockets over Hong Kong tweet

A few points.

1) The absolute hypocrisy of some has been exposed. i.e the NBA of course but also the politicians/individuals criticizing the NBA because we all know if THEIR economic interests were at stake they would be taking a similar re-conciliatory stance.

2)Confirmation of MONEY over everything

3)Also, take note of the Chinese response to this.

First off, China needs to stop being so damn sensitive. With all of its attempts at forced censorship, it is just worsening its image to the rest of the world.

Secondly, again, African Americans are demonstrating that they are the most friendly to China. I hope all these White worshiping Chinese take note of this.

First off, China needs to stop being so damn sensitive. With all of its attempts at forced censorship, it is just worsening its image to the rest of the world.

Secondly, again, African Americans are demonstrating that they are the most friendly to China. I hope all these White worshiping Chinese take note of this.

Don't point fingers at those "sensitive" Chinese as they have their "freedom of speech" as well. They bitch about it because they are pissed.

It's funny some American talk about "freedom of speech", China isn't telling him to shut up, China is simply making Rocket pay for their speech. Say offensive thing in the US, like supporting ISIS, and see how Americans will make you shut up.

It's funny some American talk about "freedom of speech", China isn't telling him to shut up, China is simply making Rocket pay for their speech. Say offensive thing in the US, like supporting ISIS, and see how Americans will make you shut up.

Good point! You can have your “freedom of speech" all you want, but just remember "freedom isn't free". So it's time to pay for your freedom, what's the fuss?

Good point! You can have your “freedom of speech" all you want, but just remember "freedom isn't free". So it's time to pay for your freedom, what's the fuss?

Honestly has freedom of speech ever existed in its truest sense?? French Revolution invented "freedom of speech" but Robspierre had no problem in cutting peoples heads off for exercising their freedom of speech.

Honestly has freedom of speech ever existed in its truest sense?? French Revolution invented "freedom of speech" but Robspierre had no problem in cutting peoples heads off for exercising their freedom of speech.

Well, that's what Western powers have been advocating for the last couple of centuries where they find their moral of authority from, and it's the value that many still hold dearly, including many in China, a supposedly country under dictatoship.

For us the HK people who are now suffering from the riots, that "freedom of speech" is just like people supporting the shooting of innocent people in the US by the name of religion freedom.

For us the HK people who are now suffering from the riots, that "freedom of speech" is just like people supporting the shooting of innocent people in the US by the name of religion freedom.
Suffering? The HK protest is now 120 days. When you value something enough, you will be willing to suffer many travails for it. Something I doubt you understand.

They are interferring in China internal affairs and we have to care how sensitive Americans are if we take some actions against them. Slave way of thinking.

They are interferring in China internal affairs and we have to care how sensitive Americans are if we take some actions against them. Slave way of thinking.
To 'interfere' means to actually taking an ACTIVE part in something. Expressing opinions does not qualify.

To 'interfere' means to actually taking an ACTIVE part in something. Expressing opinions does not qualify.
First of all, American government did involve in HK affairs. Check what your congress did. This is the background of the whole NBA event.

An adult should be responsible to what he did and what he said. Words can cause a result. Can you deny that? If your supplier said something bad to you, would you still buy stuff from him? Unluckly China is NBA's buyer. Otherwise who would care what this guy said. As I said, there is nothing to lose for China if cutting relationship with NBA.
Why the fk we need to care how sensitive Americans are while Americans didn't give a shit about how Chinese feel in the first place.

Last edited:
First of all, American government did involve in HK affairs. Check what your congress did. This is the background of the whole NBA event.
The US government have nothing to do with ONE individual inside a non-governmental organization like the NBA. See post 5.

Suffering? The HK protest is now 120 days. When you value something enough, you will be willing to suffer many travails for it. Something I doubt you understand.
Yeah, so does terrorism in US. Those extreme Muslims value their religion enough to murder innocent Americans by your BS logic. Don't complain when they shoot your people. True democracy never force their views on others that don't share with them, by violence and taking away people freedom. I guess you don't pay much attention to what is truly happening in HK, other than what the Media feed you. I'm going to put you into my ignored list from now on.

Last edited:
The US government have nothing to do with ONE individual inside a non-governmental organization like the NBA. See post 5.
But US government raised the sentiment.This individual said something at wrong timing. And he happens to have business with China. Again, customers have no right to let anyone say something or not say something. But they have the right not to buy things from someone they don't like.

Back
Top Bottom