What's new

Chinese boy, 10, jumps to death 'on teacher's order'

Soumitra

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Chinese boy, 10, jumps to death 'on teacher's order'

China: A 10-year-old Chinese boy jumped 30 floors to his death after failing to write a self-criticism letter demanded by his teacher, state media reported on Thursday.

The fifth-grade primary school student had been ordered to write a 1,000-character apology by his teacher for talking in class, China National Radio (CNR) reported on its website, citing a neighbour.

The educator allegedly told him to jump out of a building after he failed to complete the task, the report quoted relatives and the neighbour as saying.

"Teacher, I can't do it," was found written in one of his textbooks, CNR said.

The child smashed into a parked car beneath the flat where his family live, the West China City News reported.

His furious relatives posted a banner outside the school in the southwestern city of Chengdu reading, "The teacher forced our kid to jump off the building".

"The police investigation is still under way," an official of Jinjiang district, where the incident happened, told AFP, declining to comment further.

Strict discipline is an essential part of China's education system and culture, and tradition demands deference to authority, putting children under pressure to obey instructions.

The boy's school said on its verified account on Sina Weibo, a Chinese equivalent of Twitter, the child and some of his classmates had been ordered to write reviews of their behaviour after they disturbed a speaking competition.

He died "by accident", it said.

http://www.ndtv.com/article/world/chinese-boy-10-jumps-to-death-on-teacher-s-order-439987?fb

Some teacher in China education, is the monster.

I remember pissing off a teacher in elementary school pretty badly, and she was a total bitch. I didn't even bother to say hello to her when I went back and visited the old teachers. Not all teachers conduct themselves in a respectable manner.

He says he can't do it and was still willing to jump out? Or did the teacher forced him out physically?

I remember pissing off a teacher in elementary school pretty badly, and she was a total bitch. I didn't even bother to say hello to her when I went back and visited the old teachers. Not all teachers conduct themselves in a respectable manner.

Heck if you pissed me off I be bitching as well. I be bitching at the parents for your acquired behavior.

Is writing a thousand characters apology letter torture?
Its not the writing a letter the torture,but the consequences of not writing the letter ,i wont say its torture but the mental stress , some teachers use physical punishment some use insult infront of the class,some use some other means which effects the child mentally.

Nothing surprising as in china people are used as robots they meant to follow not think independently or right to free speech or right to elect is not there.

Chinese are materialistic in nature, they are spoon fed stat habituated people.

Nothing surprising as in china people are used as robots they meant to follow not think independently or right to free speech or right to elect is not there.

You take that back!

It is Indians who have slave mentality.

The Chinese Kid was a BRAVE and OBEDIENT kid. He did exactly what he was told to do.
He had Samurai(Kamikazi) spirit. Chinese soldiers must learn from this kid.

This case is more like mental issue. Lots of kids borne in cities like petite princes cannot take criticism, and will break easily in harsh conditions.

Also I would like to know how the press knew that the kid jumped out because the teacher told him to do so if he failed to write the apology letter. From his classmates, or just the slip of paper saying "I cannot do it?"

wow that's not good, that's harsh punishment. Where are human morality went these day?
RIP kid and come back with strong strong spirit

Back
Top Bottom