What's new

Chinese-born maths genius leaves Harvard to help China become a powerhouse on subject

Well somebody doesn't know the history of planes

They had put the engines in the back because most airports in the world back then made people walk onto the tarmac and use staircases to get onto planes. If you put engines under the wings you have to raise the plane further off the ground to prevent stuff from being sucked into the engines. Unfortunately that makes the staircases taller. To mitigate this they moved the engines up to the fuselage rear and lowered the plane so the staircase heights wouldn't be ridiculous.

When countries around the world switched to passengers tunnels to the aircraft doors instead of staircases they were able to raise the plane heights and put the engines under the wings.

China built the ARJ21 in 2002 with a design used for tarmac staircases...something that went out of style long ago.
I don't care that much of history of airplane. It's pretty irrelevant.

Same level as what? GDP? Research published? Patents?

Going by that logic, I guess Somalia must be the global innovation hub since there is no government to limit you. What a giant crock of shit.

Innovation is helped by a stable political environment, safe streets, economic prosperity, efficient infrastructure and an education system that produces steady stream of graduated suitable for the job market.
I see Xi as absolute moron and say that openly. What kind of progress could i do in China when im for example world class scientist like Einstein? There is a reason why such high profile people run away from autocratic regimes.

The job market...what small thinking.

I don't care that much of history of airplane.
Then why did you tread into the subject? More like your ignorance is exposed beyond face saving measures.

It's pretty irrelevant.
You tread into a subject that you know nothing about and admit you did not care to know, that made YOU irrelevant.

Then why did you tread into the subject? More like your ignorance is exposed beyond face saving measures.

You tread into a subject that you know nothing about and admit you did not care to know, that made YOU irrelevant.
You don't know what the F*** you are talking about, you people talk nonsense becos you can't make sense of your argument in the discussions of the state of Chinese airliners, that is you people don't know what your are F*** talking about Chinese airliners, then you people avert to the irrelevant history of the door of Boeing airplanes or that sort. Just typical pathetic Yankees smear tactics, you are the ones at faults then you start to accuse others for the faults.

Look at what he said and how I got into the discussion:

How is HSR some magic method measurement of success.

We have multiple companies that build jet airplanes that fly millions of people around the world. We have 5000 airports. China has yet to even have one successful jet plane.

Does that prove anything?
Hold on, have you heard of Chinese Comac ARJ 21 and Comac C919 airliners ? And Comac C929 is coming, then we won't depend that much on Airbus and Boeing. By the way, Boeing airliners are close to junk these days, I don't know if the Chinese gov and companies are going to have big orders in the future.

Obviously, you people don't know what you F talking about Chinese airplanes.

And saying Boeing airplanes are like junk hurts your butt, isn't it ? But, that's the truth.

Last edited:
Chinese maths teams in different countries.jpg
:-)
Chinese maths teams in different countries.jpg

I see Xi as absolute moron and say that openly. What kind of progress could i do in China when im for example world class scientist like Einstein? There is a reason why such high profile people run away from autocratic regimes.

Piece of crap propaganda brainwashed westerners. There are plenty of democratic shitholes in this world,you think their people don't run out? What a moron. people go work abroad for money and high salary,not for your propaganda democracy bullcrap.

Piece of crap propaganda brainwashed westerners. There are plenty of democratic shitholes in this world,you think their people don't run out? What a moron. people go work abroad for money and high salary,not for your propaganda democracy bullcrap.

You are wrong. Thats why democracy always wins. High intelligent people dont work just for money. Infact most of them value other things more. There is a reason why Einstein ect left Germany and went to USA.

Autocratic regimes are always shitholes because per se you cant question anything.

Take China for example, the thinking borders are set by Winnie the Pooh. There is a reason why working covid vaccine came from Germany and USA.

I don't care that much of history of airplane. It's pretty irrelevant.

LOL! Of course. Comac intentionally decided to design the indigenous modern 21st Century ARJ21 for an airport terminal era that ended 20 years before...or more likely they just leveraged the 1970's era MD80 design that they had infront of them.

Last edited:

It's funny how you said Germany was on the same level as China and yet you failed to cite any sources or metric for a comparison. I'm gonna chalk that up to your usual bullshit.

I like how you cite Einstein as an example. How many scientist on Einstein's level has Germany produced since? You're quoting an anomaly as some sort of constant. The fact is China's scientific progress is accelerating and Germany isn't even on the radar recently.

1656090512749.png

1656090536460.png

I love how you feel proud of Germany's achievement when you're a Greek. That shit had nothing to do with you. **** you feelings.

It's funny how you said Germany was on the same level as China and yet you failed to cite any sources or metric for a comparison. I'm gonna chalk that up to your usual bullshit.

I like how you cite Einstein as an example. How many scientist on Einstein's level has Germany produced since? You're quoting an anomaly as some sort of constant. The fact is China's scientific progress is accelerating and Germany isn't even on the radar recently.

View attachment 856488
View attachment 856489

I love how you feel proud of Germany's achievement when you're a Greek. That shit had nothing to do with you. **** you feelings.

Im german. My father is german, i have german passport.

That said come back when china produced anything in science

Im german. My father is german, i have german passport.

That said come back when china produced anything in science
Guess you must have inherited some defective genes then.

You mean producing like these? Hey where is your shitty homeland Greece on this list? Too bankrupt to do research or what?

1656091468981.png

Guess you must have inherited some defective genes then.

You mean producing like these? Hey where is your shitty homeland Greece on this list? Too bankrupt to do research or what?

View attachment 856490

How comes China has 12 times more people than Germany...but only 5 times more publications? Are chinese less capable? Why is Germany so massive overrepresented in science?

View attachment 856488
View attachment 856489

4 of the top 5 are Asian, I think Confucian culture is more responsible for the success than democrazy. There’s a reason Asia led in gdp for 80% of the last 2000 years.

How comes China has 12 times more people than Germany...but only 5 times more publications? Are chinese less capable? Why is Germany so massive overrepresented in science?
Because China's economy only took off 40 years back while Germany had been an industrial power for much longer. Give it another 40 years and see if you can even keep a spot in top 10. You won't even be able to match Indonesia.

Because China's economy only took off 40 years back while Germany had been an industrial power for much longer. Give it another 40 years and see if you can even keep a spot in top 10. You won't even be able to match Indonesia.

Maybe China wont even exist as a country in 10 years. It has a history to break apart. Rich regions might question why they should fund the central regime. Local leaders might ask why they should bow to Winnie the Pooh. China did lots of mistakes in recent time. Its economy is not doing well. Western investments stop. Its partner russia is weak and broken. Weakness spreads like cancer.

Will be interesting to watch. Taiwan is a good example how individual chinese nations can work.

Back
Top Bottom