What's new

CHINESE AIRBORNE LASER DEPLOYED IN FUJIAN

Akasa

Reaction score
Country
Canada
This surprisingly is actually not reported by Chinese defense articles, but by the US defense site "MissileThreat.com". It has a range of 100 km. There has been reports that the Y-20 (prototype in 2010) is modified into an airborne-laser variant.

China also has many ground-laser weapons, such as the "Death Ray A" mobile laser and anti-satellite/ballistic laser.

Read the article: MissileThreat :: China’s Laser Weapons Possible Threat to Taiwan
China may have a laser weapon, similar in concept to the United States’ air-borne laser (ABL), which they can and may be deploying near Taiwan, in addition to their buildup of short range ballistic missiles.
The Taipei Times cites Taiwanese defense sources that the laser cannon, with a range over 100km—again, comparable to the ABL—has been deployed in Fujian Province facing Taiwan, and that it could be used to disable military command and control systems. One defense official, however, noted that the cannon may only still be in development: “We tend to hope for the best but prepare for the worst. We would rather believe that China has already developed such a weapon and that we should start making preparations as soon as possible.” The Times notes that the United States and Israel have developed laser weapons—the ABL and the Tactical High Energy Laser (THEL)—but these are used as anti-missile defense systems. It is, however, plausible that the Chinese system is designed to have an anti-missile defense capability.

2009_11_28_41515_10341515.jpg

Y-20 Prototype

Please stop posting these nonsense! The Y-20 programm is still underway and there is no evidence can show it has been deployed! And I strongly doubt the authenticity of the link you provide.

China’s Laser Weapons Possible Threat to Taiwan
December 22, 2003 :: Taipei Times :: News

This report was released in 2003!:rofl::rofl:

Where the hell is the turret on the Radome? Comeon man you've got to stop posting nonsense here.

Where the hell is the turret on the Radome? Comeon man you've got to stop posting nonsense here.

Its retractable into the hatch on top of plane :eek:

Common man sinosoldier all your posts have been debunked and now I see interesting thread titles I go oh! and then I saw the poster is sinosoldier I got cold feet... :cheers:

Don't torture us like this :cry:

Please stop posting these nonsense! The Y-20 programm is still underway and there is no evidence can show it has been deployed! And I strongly doubt the authenticity of the link you provide.

This report was released in 2003!:rofl::rofl:

It's "missilethreat.com"

Y-20 prototype is to be released THIS YEAR. The picture I posted is to help you picture what it'll be like.

What kind of evidence are you looking for? Videos? Yeah, good luck with that (Chinese have known to keep videos secret for 20 years) Plus, it's a close-guarded weapon. Photos? Wait a few years and you'll have photos.

This is a military report. If you don't believe it, that's fine. It's just meant to serve as an eye-opener.

The other reports still label the Chinese ABL as "under development"

BTW, if no J-10B photos were released, I guess most of you guys would label it as "false speculation" too, eh?

Last edited:
Its retractable into the hatch on top of plane :eek:

Common man sinosoldier all your posts have been debunked and now I see interesting thread titles I go oh! and then I saw the poster is sinosoldier I got cold feet... :cheers:

Don't torture us like this :cry:

Of course, and when the analysts and the skeptics finally saw the J-10B prototype (despite all those defense reports prior), they were like "oh shite, I was two decades off". And that's when they really get cold feet.

Last edited:
Common man sinosoldier all your posts have been debunked

"Debunked"? Do you have any "solid evidence" that disproves my posts, or is it some "skeptic speculation" again?

Your "logic" does not make sense.

fan boy stuff..how can laser travel thousands of km in space without dispersing!

A lot of these reports are not even true

Seriously, when I first heard of the J-10 was going to be a pretty neat plane with all the forums and posters like you talking about its spec.

Then I heard recently that they can't even design their own engine properly...

Of course, and when the analysts and the skeptics finally saw the J-10B prototype (despite all those defense reports prior), they were like "oh shite, I was two decades off". And that's when they really get cold feet.

OK, suppose it is "secretly in operational already", what do you want us to say or take away? Without pics or any info how is this going to be useful to discussions?

Back
Top Bottom