What's new

China’s Worst Nightmare ‘QUAD’ Becoming A Reality

India wasn't even involved. Not that India would have made a difference. But Pakistan was part of the offensive by providing bases and logistics. So are you saying Pakistan failed there?
India was very much interested in trying to defeat the Taliban..... it just wanted the Americans/Australians and do all the hard work. It's the Americans who should ask themselves....what has India done for us?
Other then build libraries. :lol::lol::lol:

Pakistan's goals were to defeat Al-Qaeda and later TTP/ISIS-K. We helped the USA defeat Al-Qaeda. We defeated TTP on our own with little help from the "Quad" or NATO.

Last edited:
The QUAD (excluding Japan.. they would have made no difference to the outcome) with the help of NATO, Russia and Iran was in joint military action in Afghanistan. They could not defeat the Taliban after 20 years of fighting. How will they perform against the PLA??

View attachment 665755
Damn bro! comparing a terror group that comes out of nowhere in villages, attacks and disengages to a military.
Yes it is all the same...:)
Or did you mean Quad will be so effective that entire PLA will be forced to fight like Taliban in the end?

I think you haven't read the article properly.
It doesn't mention how china can defend its lanes of shipping at all!

It only speaks about IN inability to interdict those lanes during peace times, or during conflicts (without any data backing)

Article claims that indian shipping will be affected in west Pacific. By whom exactly that can happen??

China as on date lacks such power projection during waar times

I know, there are a number of other articles on how China will defend its shipping routes India doesn't even control the Malacca Strait that many Indians think they can just shut down.

What I wanted to highlight, which the article wants to make clear, is that India doesn't have the naval capacity or capabilities nor the economic or political clout to interdict Chinese bound or origin vessels especially those with foreign flags let alone fight a full fledged maritime trade war with China where an interdiction can be prevented by a small number of marines on Chinese ships.

It doesn't matter whether we're talking about peacetime or wartime.

My personal view is that the author, an Indian Rear Admiral himself, has totally overestimated India's capabilities which is severely outgunned by the PLAN whose ships are largely newer featuring updated designs and technologies:

4_5eea03eed308e.jpg

In the case of the Western Pacific the very head of PACOM, Adm. Philip Davidson, himself confirmed to the US Senate Arms Committe when he was still a nominee that China has total control over the South China sea:
Pacom Nominee: China Military Islands Now Control South China Sea

Where do you think the South China sea lies?
japansloc.jpg

Furthermore it's not just the Western Pacific that will be shut down to India if India attempts to shut down the Malacca Strait I can see Pakistan and China shut down the Strait of Hormuz and Gulf of Aden preventing any oil shipments to India.

The little "advantage" you think you have China is depleting the significance of with a host of alternate shipping routes like the Thailand Canal, Gwadar port and access through the KKH, Polar Silk Road, etc...

The Pentagon's new annual report for 2020 itself confirms the Chinese are building logistics facilities for the PLAN across the region including Thailand and Pakistan to combat threats:
https://media.defense.gov/2020/Sep/...020-DOD-CHINA-MILITARY-POWER-REPORT-FINAL.PDF

As I said earlier, India's entire strategy seems to be centered on this idea of an imaginary QUAD forming when the other 3 members of the QUAD, particularly Japan and Australia, don't have any interest at all going to war with China especially not to defend India.

Indians are deluding themselves into thinking that others are going to come to their rescue like the the the USSR did in 1971 and the US did in 1962, 1965, 1999.

Last edited:
Gwadar already is..... They already have gwadar port

The use and importance of Gawadar will go through the roof if America and allies somehow manage to chock Strait of Malacca. Great prospect for Pakistan. There is already a sense of urgency to speedup CPEC projects anticipating issues in South China sea and Malacca.

USA can't even meet its own needs with local oil production. Its fantasy to assume US shale will save the "QUAD" if the Arabian Sea is shut down.
Usa is net energy exporter mate, stop living in past

The use and importance of Gawadar will go through the roof if America and allies somehow manage to chock Strait of Malacca. Great prospect for Pakistan. There is already a sense of urgency to speedup CPEC projects anticipating issues in South China sea and Malacca.
Yeah, it is beneficial for Pakistan but don't expect usa and india will just do nothing...
It is China's weekness

I know, there are a number of other articles on how China will defend its shipping routes India doesn't even control the Malacca Strait that many Indians think they can just shut down.

What I wanted to highlight, which the article wants to make clear, is that India doesn't have the naval capacity or capabilities nor the economic or political clout to interdict Chinese bound or origin vessels especially those with foreign flags let alone fight a full fledged maritime trade war with China where an interdiction can be prevented by a small number of marines on Chinese ships.

My personal view is that the author, an Indian Rear Admiral himself, has totally overestimated India's capabilities which is severely outgunned by the PLAN whose ships are largely newer featuring updated designs and technologies:

4_5eea03eed308e.jpg

In the case of the Western Pacific the very head of PACOM, Adm. Philip Davidson, himself confirmed to the US Senate Arms Committe when he was still a nominee that China has total control over the South China sea:

japansloc.jpg

Furthermore it's not just the Western Pacific that will be shut down to India if India attempts to shut down the Malacca Strait I can see Pakistan and China shut down the Strait of Hormuz and Gulf of Aden preventing any oil shipments to India.

The little "advantage" you think you have China is depleting the significance of with a host of alternate shipping routes like the Thailand Canal, Gwadar port and access through the KKH, Polar Silk Road, etc...

The Pentagon's new annual report for 2020 itself confirms the Chinese are building logistics facilities for the PLAN across the region including Thailand and Pakistan to combat threats:
https://media.defense.gov/2020/Sep/...020-DOD-CHINA-MILITARY-POWER-REPORT-FINAL.PDF

As I said earlier, India's entire strategy seems to be centered on this idea of an imaginary QUAD forming when the other 3 members of the QUAD, particularly Japan and Australia, don't have any interest at all going to war with China especially not to defend India.

Indians are deluding themselves into thinking that others are going to come to their rescue like the the the USSR did in 1971 and the US did in 1962, 1965, 1999.
First of all keep yourself updated...
Don't stay in false beliefs

Even the image you put comfortably removed the Indian prized islands, the andaman and Nicobar (???bias)

Even the Thailand canal (if it ever gets materialized) lies closer to andaman....

It's a fu**in long chain of islands...

It's not just quality and number of ships, but logistics and supply routes to seas...

How many ships can CN put forward in those areas??? And how long???

As on date PN is only a coast guard, forget about closing straits of hormutz it can't properly defend krachi

Mark my words. Any day USA will toast CN in IOR. Even IN is jo match for USN

Indian navy can surely interdict chinese merchant vessels or even block Malacca strait.. as long as we wish....

It's just too close to comfort for IAF bases too

Yeah, it is beneficial for Pakistan but don't expect usa and india will just do nothing...
It is China's weekness

If you referring to trying to interfere routes to Pakistani ports then it will be an all out war, don't think India has got stomach for that. Its own ports and sea lines will be chocked.

If you referring to trying to interfere routes to Pakistani ports then it will be an all out war, don't think India has got stomach for that. Its own ports and sea lines will be chocked.
India did that in past twice...
Can definitely do one more time...

Pakistani coast gaurd hardly can defend

Wow comparing oceans to landlocked Afghanistan....

Very intelligent indeed...

Pla can't overstretch themselves so far as the quad can control. Pivot points will be Malacca straight

Chinese are already building support in Thailand to begin construction of a canal through Thailand’s south. If it becomes a base for the PLAN, it would complete the string of pearls around India.

while India could counter this by building up on nearby islands it controls, as the article states, it would spread the Indian navy thinner and more vulnerable to being overwhelmed by Chinese reinforcements through the canal.

India’s budget and industrial capacity can not keep up with China’s.

www.hellenicshippingnews.com/china-backed-thai-canal-potential-next-front-in-india-china-conflict/amp/

Last edited:

Pakistan already finds itself in a tough situation trying to balance China and the rest of the world. Fortunately for you and your countrymen who think like you, your think tanks are obviously smarter than you are and will try to maintain this balance. Pakistan cannot afford to be in the Chinese camp alone.

4_5eea03eed308e.jpg

japansloc.jpg

All this BS. How Israel is getting oil? No one has balls to stop US oil tankers.

Its Indian strategists that are threatening freedom of navigation. What goes around, comes around.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom