What's new

China's secret internment camps

I can give you links from hundreds of other sources. Here is a link from al jazeera which is owned by muslims not west

https://www.aljazeera.com/programme...ent-plight-china-uighurs-191019133210421.html
Tell the World: The Silent Plight of China's Uighurs
How mass detention camps and heavy surveillance in Xinjiang are affecting Uighurs not just in China but also abroad.

25 Oct 2019 15:13 GMT Uighur, China, Human Rights, Australia, Asia Pacific

• facebook.png
  • twitter.png
78cf38263ee143ddbea07d17927e4dd2_18.jpg

Editor's Note: This film is no longer available to view online.

Filmmaker: Sophie McNeill

Most members of the Australian Uighur community are missing someone.

They all say they have a family member detained, imprisoned or trapped in what the Chinese call the Xinjiang Uighur Autonomous Region in northwest China.

Many have remained silent, out of fear for those still there. But now, in a state of desperation, they are starting to come forward and make their stories known.

"My older brother, younger brothers and two younger sisters, five siblings were all taken by the Chinese government," says Nurmuhammad Majid. "Masked police, heavily armed Special Force police, raided their home and taken them by covering their face and shackling them in front of the kids."

Some Australian Uighurs like Hayrullah Mai - who was detained for three weeks in 2017 - have been held while visiting relatives in Xinjiang. Others, like Sadam Abdusalamu and Almas Nazamidin, have been separated from their wives and children, unable to return to their families or to bring them to safety in Australia.

The most sort of shocking or problematic aspect of this whole scheme in Xinjiang is that it's planned in such detail and enforced with such urgency

Adrian Zenz, researcher

Xinjiang is an area inhabited by a large Uighur population - as well as other ethnic minorities - and in recent years they have been systematically rounded up, their passports confiscated and forced to provide biometric data for racial and religious profiling. It is estimated that as many as one million Uighur Chinese citizens are directly affected.

In August 2018, a United Nations committee said it had received reports suggesting that new Chinese government policies were transforming the region into "a massive internment camp that is shrouded in secrecy".

The Chinese government refers to the camps as "Re-education Centres" and has released glossy videos claiming the Uighurs are happy there.

But footage filmed by human rights activists at one of the camps shows cells fitted with double iron doors, keypad locks, cameras; and so-called classrooms where railings and wire separate the students from their teacher.

Researchers have now identified nearly 100 suspected facilities like these across Xinjiang.

"It's basically clear that a huge percentage of the middle-age range, especially Uighurs aged between 18 and 45 years, a very large percentage of them are in some form of internment or prison," says Adrian Zenz who has researched aspects of China's operation against its ethnic minorities.

There are also concerns for the children of the detained Uighurs, who often seem to be removed from their communities and placed in orphanages or boarding schools where they are enrolled in programmes promoting Chinese assimilation.

"They want to eliminate the basic institutions, the basic elements of Uighur culture, Uighur society," says anthropologist Darren Byler. "They're trying to transform the entire society."

At the same time, artificial intelligence is being used and developed to profile Uighurs, and evidence from satellite maps shows that mosques, other key sites of Uighur culture and even residential areas have been demolished.

"The most sort of shocking or problematic aspect of this whole scheme in Xinjiang is that it's planned in such detail and enforced with such urgency," Zenz says.

Through personal testimonies, research into satellite imagery, and information found in Chinese government documents online, this film examines the government's policy of cultural and religious repression of Uighurs and other ethnic minorities in Xinjiang - and shines a light on what some analysts believe may be the largest imprisonment of a group of people on the basis of ethnicity since the second world war.

This is about thousands of missing muslims in China not US.

How many eastern world authentic sources do you want me to give you.? Give me a number and i will show it to you. Hundreds of media outlets that are not western have reported on this. You cannot hide this , this isnt 1950 where you can go u detected doing this shit

all all the media link you cited are western media, does that even give any credibility at all? It doesn't matter you can cite hundreds media links, all these you just cited are western media or western funded, includ Al Jazeera. Instead of admitting vast majority of Muslim countries agree with china on chinese policies to crack down on extremists, west media manipulated narrative by saying those countries "stay silent", no they didn't stay silent, they in fact support chinese policies to control extremists, these countries including american supported Iraqi government. Many Muslim countries themselves suffer from extremist and terrorist attacks, they look to china for alternative ways of dealing with extremist, get it?

Well said bro, unfortunately there're always some pathetic white hearted Pakistanis that will be ready to sell their souls for American dollars, i recalled just a few yrs back in 2015, a few of them were caught in Hongkong recruiting ISIS members from Muslim domestic helpers whom will be sent to Xinjiang as cannon fodders for CIA
The recruiters are usually on Saudi bankroll and we know where the Saudis get their orders from.

Look, people in china complain against government corruption all the time, LIKE ALL THE TIME. Chinese government can be really corrupt and they also censor speeches, there's no doubt. But that doesn't mean there's no voice of opposition in china, no, you can't say bad things against Xi, but local government are being criticized all the time. And even within CCP, there are different factions and not all are on Xi's side. And like I said above, Chinese criticize government corruption for decades, so much so that Chinese government takes corruption seriously and think it is existential threat to the party and try to clean up.

There are few things you can't do in china, 1) can't hold anti-central government protest, but anti-local government rallies happens a lot. 2) you can't criticize top leader, but leaders down get criticized all the time 3) no, most people don't disappear, their Weibo account simply get closed. Hope this clears for you, instead of thinking there no opposition voice in china at all.

Al jazeera is American funded network, all of its news and opinions toe American line. You want see opinion from rest of the Muslim countries? Majority of Muslims countries in UN supported chinese policy in Xinjiang that cracked down extremists.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...-backing-chinas-xinjiang-policy-idUSKCN1U721X

https://www.france24.com/en/20190712-37-countries-defend-china-over-xinjiang-un-letter

Kind of Funny you saying western Media is evil but somehow you using their links to justify your point .

:omghaha::omghaha::omghaha:
You naive little boy. Have you not realized why there are so many ex-BBC and US media presenters and editors/crew running the show on Al Jazeera? Are you that naive? :-)

Do you want me to show you links and reports from Pakistan , Malaysia , Indonesia or any other eastern country ? Or is it because you benefiting from a few $$ you going absolutely blind over whats happening there?

Well said bro, unfortunately there're always some pathetic white hearted Pakistanis that will be ready to sell their souls for American dollars, i recalled just a few yrs back in 2015, a few of them were caught in Hongkong recruiting ISIS members from Muslim domestic helpers whom will be sent to Xinjiang as cannon fodders for CIA

I will ask you guys again how much is the CCP paying you? So far I haven't seen one chinese guy critical of their leader or any policies . I know you guys are being surveilled by the CCP so you cant say anything negitive

Kind of Funny you saying western Media is evil but somehow you using their links to justify your point .

Do you want me to show you links and reports from Pakistan , Malaysia , Indonesia or any other eastern country ? Or is it because you benefiting from a few $$ you going absolutely blind over whats happening there?

I will ask you guys again how much is the CCP paying you? So far I haven't seen one chinese guy critical of their leader or any policies . I know you guys are being surveilled by the CCP so you cant say anything negitive

I thought you don't want chinese link, so I provided other links, so you want me to provide chinese link? I can provide plenty of chinese links. I'm critical of chinese censure policies and policies of silencing critics of "top" leader, Xi. But I'm not critical of other policies of CCP, get it?

Sure. Just make sure they're not from NGOs or West/Saudi-affiliated sources. :sarcastic:

But please show us mass graves and raw footage of "Commie forces" committing massacres or mass arrests. I dare you to present some hard hitting facts. :-)

Last edited:

Probably similiar to how much you got paid:dirol:
Is that you or your brother who you claimed that was in China for 2 yrs in the news link below?
https://coconuts.co/hongkong/news/isis-reportedly-recruiting-indonesian-domestic-workers-hong-kong/

Truth is I am a uyghur. They harvest all my organs at least 5 times per hour. I don't know how I survive, but I do. Now, if you'll excuse me, they're going to water board me with pork-flavored water.

Last edited:
all all the media link you cited are western media, does that even give any credibility at all? It doesn't matter you can cite hundreds media links, all these you just cited are western media or western funded, includ Al Jazeera. Instead of admitting vast majority of Muslim countries agree with china on chinese policies to crack down on extremists, west media manipulated narrative by saying those countries "stay silent", no they didn't stay silent, they in fact support chinese policies to control extremists, these countries including american supported Iraqi government. Many Muslim countries themselves suffer from extremist and terrorist attacks, they look to china for alternative ways of dealing with extremist, get it?

Do you want to remain blind ? The link is from Pakistani Media .

Hundreds of people protesting in infront of Chinese embassy in Kuala Lumpur

https://www.nst.com.my/news/nation/...t-against-chinas-alleged-mistreatment-uyghurs

Malaysia to probe rights violations against Uighurs
https://www.aa.com.tr/en/asia-pacific/malaysia-to-probe-rights-violations-against-uighurs/1687250

Indonesia takes up uighur case
https://foreignpolicy.com/2019/02/05/indonesias-opposition-takes-up-the-uighur-cause/

Whither justice for Uighur Muslims in China?
https://www.khaleejtimes.com/editorials-columns/whither-justice-for-uighur-muslims-in-china

These are all links from UAE , Malaysia , Indonesia and Pakistan . Do you want me to give you more links or are you going to accept there is the governments fault?

Yeah, the "plight" of Uighurs through western media interviewing extremists and separatists who dislike china, what do you think they will say? Chinese could also selectively interview BLM protesters and ask them how US oppresses blacks, I'm sure they will show chinese media of "plight" of black americans and how they are being persecuted. The problem with you is, you only read one side of the story, but never other side of the story. At least most people here including me read both side of the stories.

Do you want to remain blind ? The link is from Pakistani Media .

Hundreds of people protesting in infront of Chinese embassy in Kuala Lumpur

https://www.nst.com.my/news/nation/...t-against-chinas-alleged-mistreatment-uyghurs

Malaysia to probe rights violations against Uighurs
https://www.aa.com.tr/en/asia-pacific/malaysia-to-probe-rights-violations-against-uighurs/1687250

Indonesia takes up uighur case
https://foreignpolicy.com/2019/02/05/indonesias-opposition-takes-up-the-uighur-cause/

Whither justice for Uighur Muslims in China?
https://www.khaleejtimes.com/editorials-columns/whither-justice-for-uighur-muslims-in-china

These are all links from UAE , Malaysia , Indonesia and Pakistan . Do you want me to give you more links or are you going to accept there is the governments fault?

are you blind, I just gave you links that majority of Muslim governments support chinese policy in Xinjing, yet you cite some random sproadic protests? You think chinese government is 100% support by ALL people in those countries? what the point of selectively reporting some random protests against china?

Probably similiar to how much you got paid:dirol:
Is that you or your brother who you claimed that was in China for 2 yrs in the news link below?
https://coconuts.co/hongkong/news/isis-reportedly-recruiting-indonesian-domestic-workers-hong-kong/

All the smiley use is making you look really butthurt . Have you gotten your citizenship yet or you going to go back to China ? The CCP reach must be tremendous , sitting in US and yet still shivering in your boots to criticise government policies:lol:

Yeah, the "plight" of Uighurs through western media interviewing extremists and separatists who dislike china, what do you think they will say? Chinese could also selectively interview BLM protesters and ask them how US oppresses blacks, I'm sure they will show chinese media of "plight" of black americans and how they are being persecuted. The problem with you is, you only read one side of the story, but never other side of the story. At least most people here including me read both side of the stories.

are you blind, I just gave you links that majority of Muslim governments support chinese policy in Xinjing, yet you cite some random sproadic protests? You think chinese government is 100% support by ALL people in those countries? what the point of selectively reporting some random protests against china?

Nobody supports you guys except the Blind supporters of the regime . Again I have yet to see anyone ask anything or hold your leader accountable . or you afraid you cant do that because you will go missing like this guy did?

https://thehill.com/policy/internat...coon-disappears-after-criticizing-xi-jinpings

Chinese property tycoon 'disappears' after criticizing Xi Jinping's coronavirus response: report

All the smiley use is making you look really butthurt . Have you gotten your citizenship yet or you going to go back to China ? The CCP reach must be tremendous , sitting in US and yet still shivering in your boots to criticise government policies:lol:
what a brainwashed tool, chinese people in US criticizes chinese government all the time, even with relatives in china.

Nobody supports you guys except the Blind supporters of the regime . Again I have yet to see anyone ask anything or hold your leader accountable . or you afraid you cant do that because you will go missing like this guy did?

https://thehill.com/policy/internat...coon-disappears-after-criticizing-xi-jinpings

Chinese property tycoon 'disappears' after criticizing Xi Jinping's coronavirus response: report

nobody, like no western media? sure, whatever, you brainwashed tool. I already said I don't like CCP policy of censure or silencing people critical of Xi, which part of that you don't understand? Chinese xinjiang policy is being supported by majority of muslim countries to crack down on extremists, nobody supports? Only in your west brainwashed brain. Even Iraqi (American supported), Malaysia, Indonesia government support chinese xinjaing policies.

Not only im hurt, you've "BROKEN MY HEART":cry:

what a brainwashed tool, chinese people in US criticizes chinese government all the time, even with relatives in china.

nobody, like no western media? sure, whatever, you brainwashed tool. I already said I don't like CCP policy of censure or silencing people critical of Xi, which part of that you don't understand?

Have a look at what former detainees have to go through in these camps .

Have a look at what former detainees have to go through in these camps .

interview people who are against china or separatist? what's the point? you want me show links of happy Uighurs who support chinese government? You want me show black mom who think US persecute blacks and shooting their kids unarmed? what's the point of selective reporting? There are plenty of Uighurs who support chinese government and its policies, what's your point?

Back
Top Bottom