What's new

China's secret internment camps

come back when you are sure these are so called "concentration" camp, not education camp. Show me gas chambers, mass graves, you know, the whole thing. Anyone can take satellite image of a prison and call it whatever.

Uighur are considered brother and sister when I was growing up, in chinese school books (or you can call it propaganda), TVs, movies. Uighurs cultures are celebrated across China. In fact, some of the most popular TV and move stars in china TODAY are Uighurs. Including: Dilraba Dilmurat, Gulnazar... these are hottest Chinese TV stars in china today and are popular household names. Uighurs are not only exempted from Chinese one child policy for decades, so they can increase their share of chinese population, they also get added bonus points when taking chinese university entrance exam. Even today, it's common to see Han chinese only have 1 child, while Uighur families have 3,4,5 children. So take you so called Uighur persecution from west media and shove it.

Last edited:
come back when you are sure these are so called "concentration" camp, not education camp. Show me gas chambers, mass graves, you know, the whole thing. Anyone can take satellite image of a prison and call it whatever. Uighur are considered brother and sister when I was growing up, in chinese elementary books, TVs, movies. Uighurs cultures are celebrated across China. In fact, some of the most popular TV and move stars in china TODAY are Uighurs. Including: Dilraba Dilmurat, Gulnazar... these are hottest Chinese TV stars in china today and are popular household names. Uighurs are not only exempted from Chinese one child policy for decades, so they can increase their share of chinese population, they also get added bonus points when taking chinese university entrance exam. So take you so called Uighur persecution from west media and shove it.

How much is the CCP paying you to defend them this passionately

The above source is from VOX:

VOX = America = Iraq has WMD that can destroy Europe in 30 mins.

Do you want me to give you links from al jazeera or any other muslim based media? Its pathetic for a few $$ we dont want to speak up.

does CCP have to pay me for me to say the truth? These are common knowledge and my own experience growing up, you can check every fact here on google, 1 second search. Instead of relying on western fake media.

Name me a country not western and I can give you extensive research and reports from them. Any eastern country media you have in mind ?

Well all Chinese posters here support CCP as if they paying them to it. I know you live inside China so it is kind of hard to go against the government there.

How much is the CCP paying you to defend them this passionately

As I mentioned in other reply to you already, many chinese come to the west and find many of the claims in the US media simply ridiculous. 350,000 chinese students go to US each year, 150M chinese traveled outside china as tourists in 2018 (number corroborated by counter party countries) and they know how rest of the world operates and know the drawbacks of CCP. Many chinese grew up just like any others in the world, but they also experienced one of the fastest wealth accumulation the world has ever seen. The previous generation was starving, but this generation get to go to school and get to choose to go to chinese (tuition subsidized by government) or foreign universities. When they go to the US, and see American media claim chinese government is evil, it enslaves chinese people, chinese are shackled by their government, everything that contradicts their own experience, you think CCP needs to pay them to defend against these sort of lies?

The same question could apply to you. How much did it cost for you to forget how China was the only country that truly had Pakistan's back in 1965 and 1971 wars? :-)

And your source is VOX. :sarcastic:

I can give you links from hundreds of other sources. Here is a link from al jazeera which is owned by muslims not west

https://www.aljazeera.com/programme...ent-plight-china-uighurs-191019133210421.html
Tell the World: The Silent Plight of China's Uighurs
How mass detention camps and heavy surveillance in Xinjiang are affecting Uighurs not just in China but also abroad.

25 Oct 2019 15:13 GMT Uighur, China, Human Rights, Australia, Asia Pacific

• facebook.png
  • twitter.png
78cf38263ee143ddbea07d17927e4dd2_18.jpg

Editor's Note: This film is no longer available to view online.

Filmmaker: Sophie McNeill

Most members of the Australian Uighur community are missing someone.

They all say they have a family member detained, imprisoned or trapped in what the Chinese call the Xinjiang Uighur Autonomous Region in northwest China.

Many have remained silent, out of fear for those still there. But now, in a state of desperation, they are starting to come forward and make their stories known.

"My older brother, younger brothers and two younger sisters, five siblings were all taken by the Chinese government," says Nurmuhammad Majid. "Masked police, heavily armed Special Force police, raided their home and taken them by covering their face and shackling them in front of the kids."

Some Australian Uighurs like Hayrullah Mai - who was detained for three weeks in 2017 - have been held while visiting relatives in Xinjiang. Others, like Sadam Abdusalamu and Almas Nazamidin, have been separated from their wives and children, unable to return to their families or to bring them to safety in Australia.

The most sort of shocking or problematic aspect of this whole scheme in Xinjiang is that it's planned in such detail and enforced with such urgency

Adrian Zenz, researcher

Xinjiang is an area inhabited by a large Uighur population - as well as other ethnic minorities - and in recent years they have been systematically rounded up, their passports confiscated and forced to provide biometric data for racial and religious profiling. It is estimated that as many as one million Uighur Chinese citizens are directly affected.

In August 2018, a United Nations committee said it had received reports suggesting that new Chinese government policies were transforming the region into "a massive internment camp that is shrouded in secrecy".

The Chinese government refers to the camps as "Re-education Centres" and has released glossy videos claiming the Uighurs are happy there.

But footage filmed by human rights activists at one of the camps shows cells fitted with double iron doors, keypad locks, cameras; and so-called classrooms where railings and wire separate the students from their teacher.

Researchers have now identified nearly 100 suspected facilities like these across Xinjiang.

"It's basically clear that a huge percentage of the middle-age range, especially Uighurs aged between 18 and 45 years, a very large percentage of them are in some form of internment or prison," says Adrian Zenz who has researched aspects of China's operation against its ethnic minorities.

There are also concerns for the children of the detained Uighurs, who often seem to be removed from their communities and placed in orphanages or boarding schools where they are enrolled in programmes promoting Chinese assimilation.

"They want to eliminate the basic institutions, the basic elements of Uighur culture, Uighur society," says anthropologist Darren Byler. "They're trying to transform the entire society."

At the same time, artificial intelligence is being used and developed to profile Uighurs, and evidence from satellite maps shows that mosques, other key sites of Uighur culture and even residential areas have been demolished.

"The most sort of shocking or problematic aspect of this whole scheme in Xinjiang is that it's planned in such detail and enforced with such urgency," Zenz says.

Through personal testimonies, research into satellite imagery, and information found in Chinese government documents online, this film examines the government's policy of cultural and religious repression of Uighurs and other ethnic minorities in Xinjiang - and shines a light on what some analysts believe may be the largest imprisonment of a group of people on the basis of ethnicity since the second world war.

Do you understand that you're just a braying donkey? That nothing you do or say can change anything about the distribution of power between the US and China? That your efforts are completely worthless and meaningless?

This is about thousands of missing muslims in China not US.

As I mentioned in other reply to you already, many chinese come to the west and find many of the claims in the US media simply ridiculous. 350,000 chinese students go to US each year, 150M chinese traveled outside china as tourists in 2018 (number corroborated by counter party countries) and they know how rest of the world operates and know the drawbacks of CCP. Many chinese grew up just like any others in the world, but they also experienced one of the fastest wealth accumulation the world has ever seen. The previous generation was starving, but this generation get to go to school and get to choose to go to chinese (tuition subsidized by government) or foreign universities. When they go to the US, and see American media claim chinese government is evil, it enslaves chinese people, chinese are shackled by their government, everything that contradicts their own experience, you think CCP needs to pay them to defend against these sort of lies?

How many eastern world authentic sources do you want me to give you.? Give me a number and i will show it to you. Hundreds of media outlets that are not western have reported on this. You cannot hide this , this isnt 1950 where you can go u detected doing this shit

Do you want me to give you links from al jazeera or any other muslim based media? Its pathetic for a few $$ we dont want to speak up.

Name me a country not western and I can give you extensive research and reports from them. Any eastern country media you have in mind ?

Well all Chinese posters here support CCP as if they paying them to it. I know you live inside China so it is kind of hard to go against the government there.

Look, people in china complain against government corruption all the time, LIKE ALL THE TIME. Chinese government can be really corrupt and they also censor speeches, there's no doubt. But that doesn't mean there's no voice of opposition in china, no, you can't say bad things against Xi, but local government are being criticized all the time. And even within CCP, there are different factions and not all are on Xi's side. And like I said above, Chinese criticize government corruption for decades, so much so that Chinese government takes corruption seriously and think it is existential threat to the party and try to clean up.

There are few things you can't do in china, 1) can't hold anti-central government protest, but anti-local government rallies happens a lot. 2) you can't criticize top leader, but leaders down get criticized all the time 3) no, most people don't disappear, their Weibo account simply get closed. Hope this clears for you, instead of thinking there no opposition voice in china at all.

I can give you links from hundreds of other sources. Here is a link from al jazeera which is owned by muslims not west

https://www.aljazeera.com/programme...ent-plight-china-uighurs-191019133210421.html
Tell the World: The Silent Plight of China's Uighurs
How mass detention camps and heavy surveillance in Xinjiang are affecting Uighurs not just in China but also abroad.

25 Oct 2019 15:13 GMT Uighur, China, Human Rights, Australia, Asia Pacific

• facebook.png
  • twitter.png
78cf38263ee143ddbea07d17927e4dd2_18.jpg

Editor's Note: This film is no longer available to view online.

Filmmaker: Sophie McNeill

Most members of the Australian Uighur community are missing someone.

They all say they have a family member detained, imprisoned or trapped in what the Chinese call the Xinjiang Uighur Autonomous Region in northwest China.

Many have remained silent, out of fear for those still there. But now, in a state of desperation, they are starting to come forward and make their stories known.

"My older brother, younger brothers and two younger sisters, five siblings were all taken by the Chinese government," says Nurmuhammad Majid. "Masked police, heavily armed Special Force police, raided their home and taken them by covering their face and shackling them in front of the kids."

Some Australian Uighurs like Hayrullah Mai - who was detained for three weeks in 2017 - have been held while visiting relatives in Xinjiang. Others, like Sadam Abdusalamu and Almas Nazamidin, have been separated from their wives and children, unable to return to their families or to bring them to safety in Australia.

The most sort of shocking or problematic aspect of this whole scheme in Xinjiang is that it's planned in such detail and enforced with such urgency

Adrian Zenz, researcher

Xinjiang is an area inhabited by a large Uighur population - as well as other ethnic minorities - and in recent years they have been systematically rounded up, their passports confiscated and forced to provide biometric data for racial and religious profiling. It is estimated that as many as one million Uighur Chinese citizens are directly affected.

In August 2018, a United Nations committee said it had received reports suggesting that new Chinese government policies were transforming the region into "a massive internment camp that is shrouded in secrecy".

The Chinese government refers to the camps as "Re-education Centres" and has released glossy videos claiming the Uighurs are happy there.

But footage filmed by human rights activists at one of the camps shows cells fitted with double iron doors, keypad locks, cameras; and so-called classrooms where railings and wire separate the students from their teacher.

Researchers have now identified nearly 100 suspected facilities like these across Xinjiang.

"It's basically clear that a huge percentage of the middle-age range, especially Uighurs aged between 18 and 45 years, a very large percentage of them are in some form of internment or prison," says Adrian Zenz who has researched aspects of China's operation against its ethnic minorities.

There are also concerns for the children of the detained Uighurs, who often seem to be removed from their communities and placed in orphanages or boarding schools where they are enrolled in programmes promoting Chinese assimilation.

"They want to eliminate the basic institutions, the basic elements of Uighur culture, Uighur society," says anthropologist Darren Byler. "They're trying to transform the entire society."

At the same time, artificial intelligence is being used and developed to profile Uighurs, and evidence from satellite maps shows that mosques, other key sites of Uighur culture and even residential areas have been demolished.

"The most sort of shocking or problematic aspect of this whole scheme in Xinjiang is that it's planned in such detail and enforced with such urgency," Zenz says.

Through personal testimonies, research into satellite imagery, and information found in Chinese government documents online, this film examines the government's policy of cultural and religious repression of Uighurs and other ethnic minorities in Xinjiang - and shines a light on what some analysts believe may be the largest imprisonment of a group of people on the basis of ethnicity since the second world war.

How many eastern world authentic sources do you want me to give you.? Give me a number and i will show it to you. Hundreds of media outlets that are not western have reported on this. You cannot hide this , this isnt 1950 where you can go u detected doing this shit

Al jazeera is American funded network, all of its news and opinions toe American line. You want see opinion from rest of the Muslim countries? Majority of Muslims countries in UN supported chinese policy in Xinjiang that cracked down extremists.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...-backing-chinas-xinjiang-policy-idUSKCN1U721X

https://www.france24.com/en/20190712-37-countries-defend-china-over-xinjiang-un-letter

Get one thing perfectly clear: China will not allow anyone to challenge state power and authority for any reason using any pretext. If Uighur separatists try to use their religion to challenge China's sovereignty, every single mosque in Xinjiang will be demolished - China won't bat an eye. Every single Uighur adult will be put in an internment camp and made to chant "There is no god but China and the Xi Jinping is its Prophet." - China won't bat an eye. Every single Uighur child will be ripped from his family and placed in a state orphanage - China won't bat an eye.

If you don't want your religion to be dragged through the mud and its adherents put through Hell, don't use it to challenge China's authority. Because you're going to lose.

Look, people in china complain against government corruption all the time, LIKE ALL THE TIME. Chinese government can be really corrupt and they also censor speeches, there's no doubt. But that doesn't mean there's no voice of opposition in china, no, you can't say bad things against Xi, but local government are being criticized all the time. And even within CCP, there are different factions and not all are on Xi's side. And like I said above, Chinese criticize government corruption for decades, so much so that Chinese government takes corruption seriously and think it is existential threat to the party and try to clean up.

There are few things you can't do in china, 1) can't hold anti-central government protest, but anti-local government rallies happens a lot. 2) you can't criticize top leader, but leaders down get criticized all the time 3) no, most people don't disappear, their Weibo account simply get closed. Hope this clears for you, instead of thinking there no opposition voice in china at all.

Here is another report from Pakistan . Incase you think its western. Dozens upon dozens of eastern country news outlets have written on this. Do you want independent reports from malaysia , indonesia , Middle east or any other eastern country?

The plight of the Uighurs
TWEET EMAIL
89142-uigsjpg-1570875719-568-640x480.jpg

A demonstrator joins supporters of China's Muslim Uighur minority and during a anti-China protest. PHOTO: GETTY

Whether you’re a Pakistani citizen living in Pakistan or in the diaspora, you must be familiar with the ongoing tussle between India and Pakistan over Kashmir. Just a few weeks ago, India decided to revoke Article 370, taking away the special status of the disputed land and of the people living in Indian occupied Kashmir (IoK). After India’s actions in IoK, the Pakistan government and people decided to reach out to the international community for support, using various United Nations platforms to voice their concerns and holding local protests in order to bring attention to this issue. While, as a Pakistani, I empathise with victims of violence in IoK, I also empathise with those Muslim communities that are targets of violence in other countries.

Recently, the rampant discrimination against the Uighurs and other Muslims in China has started to garner the attention of the world media. Horrific accounts of prejudice, religious bigotry and an ongoing ethnic cleansing in the country has led to international outcry. Uighur women are facing systematic rape in the prison cells, being sterilised against will, being forced to rub chillis on their genitals, and have been made to have abortions without anesthesia. Moreover, human rights advocates from China have shared accounts of women being implanted with intrauterine devices against their will.

China has also created concentration camps called ‘re-education camps.’ These camps, which resemble the residential schools in Canada during its colonisation period of the local Aboriginal community, aim to curtail the reproduction of Uighur Muslims in the hope that the community will essentially be wiped out. Furthermore, the graveyards of Uighur Mulsims have also been destroyed in an attempt to eradicate any trace of this community. Additionally, Uighur scholars and activists have also fallen prey to what is being described as a “mass internment campaign.”

How is this persecution of the Uighur Muslims any less important and any less deserving of our attention than that of the Kashmiri Muslims? Why isn’t our prime minister concerned for these innocent lives as much as he is for the ones in Kashmir? Unlike the apathy and lack of initiative that the United Nations has shown towards Kashmir thus far, there has been significant information and evidence on the Uighur issue, which has been shared on a global level. In fact, in 2018, UN stated that they had credible evidence that around a million Uighurs and other Muslims have been locked away in detention centres.

The point that I’m trying to make here is that there needs to be more uniformity and transparency in our national policies. We cannot be selective about which oppressed group we choose to raise our voice for. The current stance of the government makes the state appear hypocritical since it only seems to concerned about one group of Muslims while turning a blind eye towards another community of Muslims.

Pakistan has immense stakes in Kashmir, both politically and economically, which is why the government is more likely to fight for the rights of the Kashmiri Muslims. Since China is a dear ally and economic crutch for Pakistan, the government and politicians are unwilling to hold China accountable for the systematic violence happening there. Economic interest has trumped moral righteousness.

As a citizen who cares immensely for her nation and for the people of this nation, my plea to everyone residing in Pakistan would be to really start questioning our state polices and our selective outrage. We need to be brave enough to raise concerns with the those in power wherever we see any loopholes and demand a better and sustainable life for ourselves and others, and this includes Muslims and minority groups, locally and abroad.

:omghaha::omghaha::omghaha:
You naive little boy. Have you not realized why there are so many ex-BBC and US media presenters and producers/editors/crew running the show on Al Jazeera? Are you that naive? :-)

Last edited:
The same question could apply to you. How much did it cost for you to forget how China was the only country that truly had Pakistan's back in 1965 and 1971 wars? :-)

And your source is VOX. :sarcastic:
Well said bro, unfortunately there're always some pathetic white hearted Pakistanis that will be ready to sell their souls for American dollars, i recalled just a few yrs back in 2015, a few of them were caught in Hongkong recruiting ISIS members from Muslim domestic helpers whom will be sent to Xinjiang as cannon fodders for CIA

Back
Top Bottom