What's new

China’s plan for super-dam risks water security for India and Bangladesh

I say go right ahead and build the Chinese dam. It's not like we are getting tons of Brahmaputra water anyways right now. Indian govt. (Assam State Govt.) is withdrawing water unilaterally without consulting Bangladesh.

We will see what the proud Assamese do without Brahmaputra water.....
There is not a single dam on entire Bhramaputra river, its so wide it is impossible to build one. How did assam govt even withdraw water from it? .We don't even have irrigation canal built from it. Did i miss something, when did it happen ?

Western Assam is already a Muslim majority and the entire Assam will become a Muslim majority in a few decades. It will happen because Muslim women are more fertile than Assamese women.

So, ask your men to recreate people by loving their wives and ask your women not to overdrink and rather love their men. This is the only solution for Assam not to fall on the laps of Bangladesh.

Amit Shah cannot produce alone all the needed children and your own people are averse to love-making. Very bad!!
Well they all be breeding in Bangladesh soon enough. With NRC in Bengal and Assam, things are going to change. There is not going to be free lunch.

Lol. You could try taking the land. Assamese want NRC to throw the existing termites out. With BJP at the center and in all NE states, there can be no step motherly treatment. Congress used to give step motherly treatment by allowing termites to enter in to these states and reducing their standards of living. No more.

I am wondering - are you from Assam?

Dhaka concerned over Brahmaputra dams by China, India
It is very natural that the lower riparian countries should be alarmed at the prospect of withdrawal of water by an upper riparian country. However, I believe, the dam on the China-India border will be beneficial to BD. I am not here to talk about India, because it is not our concern.

I hope you will understand that in a single country flood problem, the govt builds dams/reservoirs upstream to contain floodwater and opens the gates during the lean season. Now, though China and BD are two different countries, the same principle is being applied when China builds reservoirs on the north of the Himalayas to contain excess monsoon water.

Now, you may ask why China should build reservoirs? It is because China has to regulate the flow of water evenly throughout the year. If it does not do so, you can see that a very large amount of unnecessary water comes rushing through the dams/gates which may destroy the structures.

Not only this, if all the monsoon water comes down in a few months, a lesser quantity of water will be available in winter, and the production of electricity may become 1/10th at that period compared to the peak period. No experienced planning engineer will ever do such a stupid thing. Good planning requires producing power evenly throughout the year.

So, China must build reservoirs to contain the floodwater. This mechanism will certainly reduce the quantity of floodwater entering BD and increase the quantity during the winter when BD agriculture needs more water.

By the way, two Articles posted by you have not said a word about the MAIN purpose of such a gigantic project. I have read about it, but it will be too long to discuss it here.
Well they all be breeding in Bangladesh soon enough. With NRC in Bengal and Assam, things are going to change. There is not going to be free lunch.
Muslims have been in Assam since after the failed invasion by Ikhtier uddin Bakhtier in around 1205 AD. Others migrated during the British period. Now, you and your Amit Shah are worried about Assam. But, can you just forfeit the historical facts with the tweak of a finger?

Last edited:
It is very natural that the lower riparian countries should be alarmed at the prospect of withdrawal of water by an upper riparian country. However, I believe, the dam on the China-India border will be beneficial to BD. I am not here to talk about India, because it is not our concern.

I hope you will understand that in a single country flood problem, the govt builds dams/reservoirs upstream to contain floodwater and opens the gates during the lean season. Now, though China and BD are two different countries, the same principle is being applied when China builds reservoirs on the north of the Himalayas to contain excess monsoon water.

Now, you may ask why China should build reservoirs? It is because China has to regulate the flow of water evenly throughout the year. If it does not do so, you can see that a very large amount of unnecessary water comes rushing through the dams/gates which may destroy the structures.

Not only this, if all the monsoon water comes down in a few months, a lesser quantity of water will be available in winter, and the production of electricity may become 1/10th at that period compared to the peak period. No experienced planning engineer will ever do such a stupid thing. Good planning requires producing power evenly throughout the year.

So, China must build reservoirs to contain the floodwater. This mechanism will certainly reduce the quantity of floodwater entering BD and increase the quantity during the winter when BD agriculture needs more water.

By the way, two Articles posted by you have not said a word about the MAIN purpose of such a gigantic project. I have read about it, but it will be too long to discuss it here.

Muslims have been Assam since after the failed invasion by Ikhtier uddin Bakhtier in around 1205 AD. Others migrated during the British period. Now, you and your Amit Shah are worried about Assam. But, can you just forfeit the historical facts with the tweak of a finger?
Muslims were given separate state in 1947. India has responsibility for those who stayed back then but not illegal termites. Even those who stayed back has to live within the bounds of constitution of India and not 7th century Quran. Let's put all of them through NRC and determine who's our and not. The termites will be put in camps and I am pretty sure they would want to go back then by pole vaulting in the reverse.

Last edited:
Muslims were given separate state in 1947. India has responsibility for those who stayed back then but not illegal termites. Even those who stayed back has to live within the bounds of constitution of India and not 7th century Quran. Let's put all of them through NRC and determine who's our and not. The termites will be put in camps and I am pretty sure they would want to go back then by pole vaulting in the reverse.
Assamese cockroaches should be forced out to China, their fatherland. Muslims in Assam are the native of this region and are not Chinese like you. Non-Muslims in Assam must go back to China and the land should be settled by Muslims from BD and other areas of India.

It will be the most logical conclusion. We have been eying Assam since 1205 AD. Now, do not please disappoint us. The only course left for you is to create and recreate more Chinese-blooded Assamese children.

Last edited:
Assamese cockroaches should be forced out to China, their fatherland. Muslims in Assam are the native of this region and are not Chinese like you. Non-Muslims in Assam must be given back to BD and the land should be settled by Muslims from BD and other areas of India.

It will be the most logical conclusion. We have been eying Assam since 1205 AD. Now, do not please disappoint us. The only course left for you is to create more Chinese-blood Assamese.
Well, this can happen when pigs can fly. But before that unfortunately entire Bangladesh will drown in sea.

Well, this can happen when pigs can fly. But before that unfortunately entire Bangladesh will drown in sea.

Muslims are already on way to majority in Assam and Bengalis already are. So all the tribals days are numbered. Either they need to assimilate with the Bengalis or they can go back to southern China their fatherland.

india is not releasing Pakistani water and also bangla have the same issues now why not help china to either india bring india on our side or push them further away..
waisay yeh kuttay ki dum hai kabhi sidhi nahi hogi.
Chines doing much better job.

There is not a single dam on entire Bhramaputra river, its so wide it is impossible to build one. How did assam govt even withdraw water from it? .We don't even have irrigation canal built from it. Did i miss something, when did it happen ?

Please educate yourself.

India has placed dams and irrigation projects on all upper tributary rivers entering Bangladesh from India. This includes Padma (Farakka dam), Teesta (Teesta-V dam) and Brahmaputra (Subansiri, Ranganadi, Rangit and other hydel projects and dams).

Last edited:
Please educate yourself.

India has placed dams and irrigation projects on all upper tributary rivers entering Bangladesh from India. This includes Padma (Farakka dam), Teesta (Teesta-V dam) and Brahmaputra (Subansiri, Ranganadi, Rangit and other hydel projects and dams).

these are run of the river project on tributaries(of brahmaputra, farakka is not in assam), not on actual brahmaputra itself & hardly any diversion. it is impossible to divert water anywhere in mountains of arunachal and assam, and in (assam) valley it will flood everywhere. where is diversion ?

If both the countries withdraw water in the upstream from the Brahmaputra, Bangladesh will be a barren land, environmentalists said.

Bah!! If "নিজের নাক কেটে পরের যাত্রা ভঙ করা" had a face then i would've said i saw it on the first page in few "Bangladeshi" members comments. Being ok with Chinese dam, MoU on Feni river. "Oh!! India is building dam to harm BD, let China build dam too and punish them. Cheers!!". None of these guys living abroad will be affected anyway if these dams are constructed, only affected ones will be fishermen, farmers and the one who live near the river.

these are run of the river project on tributaries(of brahmaputra, farakka is not in assam), not on actual brahmaputra itself & hardly any diversion. it is impossible to divert water anywhere in mountains of arunachal and assam, and in (assam) valley it will flood everywhere. where is diversion ?

Clearly you need to go back and take civil engineering and hydrology 101.

This will be my last post on this as it is not my job to educate argumentative Indians on dams and diversion. Useless energy spent in Ramzan.

The very act of damming a river is diversion of the free flow of a river. Look it up.

Damming means you can control the flow and keep more water for yourself upstream during lean season (winter). Then you can release it 100% during the monsoon without notice, causing flash floods in all areas including Bangladesh downstream.

If you don't agree with this - fine.

I am done with this discussion.

Back
Top Bottom