What's new

China’s Not a Superpower

Truth, at least right now there's only one super-power ... U.S ! China isn't yet, just we don't care about it.

Uh, no.

Buddha came from Nepal.

And Nepal was never even a part of British India.

You guys keep making this really silly claim.
Why does that matter so much for you...
Anyway nepal and india has no border control...Both are united anyway culturally and geographically

China will be the largest economic power the world has ever seen. They haven't even reached 25% of their potential and they're already the 2nd largest economy in the world. Imagine when she (China) reaches GDP per capita parity of the United States?

Damned impressive!

@Chinese-Dragon , @Shotgunner51 --- your opinion, buddies?

To be honest, China will not reach GDP PPP with the US, unless half of the Chinese population died of diease, the population is too big and no matter how you find capitalist world, only a % of people hold the wealth of a given country, and for a large population even if this is not 1% like the United States, it is as gloomy as 10% projection (Which IMO never gonna happen). For US 10% means 30 millions people holding 315 millions people's wealth, that mean 275 millions are just reaching or below the PPP line. For China, 10% mean 130 millions people holding 1.3 billions people's wealth, which mean 1.2 billions are at level or below their GDP PPP. Which is, well, no other word for it, a lot.

A bigger population mean more resource and money have to put into the poor, unless, again like I said you let the poor dies, otherwise it is going to take 4 times as much resource to look after the poor in China then in the United States, And that would only increase the wealth gap, not shorten it.

Another ways China can do it is when China reach 4 times US GDP (Which even if doable is gonna take a long arse time) they suddenly do a 180 and becoming a communist country again and people share their wealth, but I hardly think the rich and elite in China will give up their asset this easily.

Top 5 most powerful countries

1. USA
2. China
3. Russia
4. Germany
5. India

To be honest, China will not reach GDP PPP with the US, unless half of the Chinese population died of diease, the population is too big and no matter how you find capitalist world, only a % of people hold the wealth of a given country, and for a large population even if this is not 1% like the United States, it is as gloomy as 10% projection (Which IMO never gonna happen). For US 10% means 30 millions people holding 315 millions people's wealth, that mean 275 millions are just reaching or below the PPP line. For China, 10% mean 130 millions people holding 1.3 billions people's wealth, which mean 1.2 billions are at level or below their GDP PPP. Which is, well, no other word for it, a lot.

A bigger population mean more resource and money have to put into the poor, unless, again like I said you let the poor dies, otherwise it is going to take 4 times as much resource to look after the poor in China then in the United States, And that would only increase the wealth gap, not shorten it.

Another ways China can do it is when China reach 4 times US GDP (Which even if doable is gonna take a long arse time) they suddenly do a 180 and becoming a communist country again and people share their wealth, but I hardly think the rich and elite in China will give up their asset this easily.

You are confused PPP with per capita income. PPP is purchasing power parity and it's one of the figures Indians like to cite to claim that they are approaching superpower status.

There has NEVER been a central government in the country you call 'India' before the British. That's why they had to conquer each kingdom like defeating each country as there was no central government in the subcontinent that ruled over what India is ruled over now. Those kingdoms were essentially separate countries.

China always had a central government. That central government of China expanded its territory over the centuries. There was a single country called China. That's why whenever a different government took power in China, they took control of all of China as a single country.

India is a fake country that didn't exist before the British arrived and united all those kingdoms into one single government.

Think of India like Europe. If the European Union became a single country without borders, that would be what India is today. Spanish, French, Germans, Italians, etc would all be part of one single country under a single government.

What the subcontinent was before India became a single country is what Europe is today. Multiple different countries.

Just like there is no such thing as a 'Soviet' today, there won't be an 'Indian' in the future. People will refer to them as Tamils, Khalistani, etc.

That whole country you call India is one artificially glued together country given as a gift by the British.

This is why India can never surpass China as the whole Indian project will collapse and break up exactly like the Soviet Union did.

US no longer has to worry about a country called Soviet Union as it doesn't exist in its former self. That will be the fate of India.

China has nothing to worry as India will break up.

Perfect description for the existence of India.

You are confused PPP with per capita income. PPP is purchasing power parity and it's one of the figures Indians like to cite to claim that they are approaching superpower status.

Perfect description for the existence of India.

my bad, I made that post in 4 am my time...

per capital is individual wealth and it has nothing to do with the strength of a nation,

Qatar and Singapore both have way higher per capita income level than the U.S, doesn't mean they are stronger.

GDP as a whole ALSO DOES NOT REPRESENT the strength of a nation, as that nation DOES NOT OWN the GDP, the people have the wealth, not the government, the government, however, can tax the nation, that mean depending on the tax rate, they can take a certain percent of the GDP only, and that will be the REAL National strength

Plus, I did not mention GDP have any relation to National Strength, I was merely reply to a member view of Chinese GDP per capita will be equal to or even larger than the US, which is impossible unless China lost at least half of its population

per capital is individual wealth and it has nothing to do with the strength of a nation,

Qatar and Singapore both have way higher per capita income level than the U.S, doesn't mean they are stronger.

Exactly.

What China lacks in per capita, China makes up in absolute size.

The strength of a nation is determined by: per capita X population size.

Countries with very high per capita but small population (like Singapore) are not globally strong.

China only needs to reach a middle level per capita and China will become a stronger nation than the US due to China's vast population size, which is 4 times of that US.

Strength: Per Capita X Population Size.

Back
Top Bottom