What's new

China’s Not a Superpower

China will be the largest economic power the world has ever seen. They haven't even reached 25% of their potential and they're already the 2nd largest economy in the world. Imagine when she (China) reaches GDP per capita parity of the United States?
@Chinese-Dragon , @Shotgunner51 --- your opinion, buddies?

Hey bro, this looks like a silly thread, just rhetoric to me, nothing of substance.
Whatever people says, empty discussion just doesn't matter.

Wow, talk about posting 5 year old articles. 5 years in the 21st century is almost like 50 years in the 20th century. Try to keep up good lad.

That guy is a known false flagger. Try to understand what his motive is.

There was no such thing called 'India' in history.

China as a single country has been in existence for 2,000+ years.

India as a single country was only formed when the British arrived and conquered small kingdoms in the subcontinent and united them through force into a fake union called 'India'.

All this nonsense that there was a country called 'India' in history is beyond laughable.

It's a world known fact that 'India' is one of the newest countries in the world.

Only China is an ancient country with a central government.

As for India being a titan, I highly doubt it considering it has separatist forces all over its fake union which will eventually lead to break up of that union and regions gaining independence from the central authorities in India just like what happened to Yugoslavia.

India won't be in its present form by 2050, it will be a lot smaller.

All fake unions collapse, Soviet Union collapsed, Yugoslavia collapsed, and European Union and India will collapse too.

I don't think the name of the country is really important. India, in some shape or form, has always existed. And it was always the same people that inhabited it. Before British rule, it was also a geographical part of the world with a large economy. Much could also be said about China's borders, and it's relative youth. Anyway, this isn't a China vs India thing, as both countries have a very bright future ahead of them, and in the case of China, already have a bright present. I'm against separatism in any way, shape or form.

I don't think the name of the country is really important. India, in some shape or form, has always existed. And it was always the same people that inhabited it. Before British rule, it was also a geographical part of the world with a large economy. Much could also be said about China's borders, and it's relative youth. Anyway, this isn't a China vs India thing, as both countries have a very bright future ahead of them, and in the case of China, already have a bright present. I'm against separatism in any way, shape or form.

There has NEVER been a central government in the country you call 'India' before the British. That's why they had to conquer each kingdom like defeating each country as there was no central government in the subcontinent that ruled over what India is ruled over now. Those kingdoms were essentially separate countries.

China always had a central government. That central government of China expanded its territory over the centuries. There was a single country called China. That's why whenever a different government took power in China, they took control of all of China as a single country.

India is a fake country that didn't exist before the British arrived and united all those kingdoms into one single government.

Think of India like Europe. If the European Union became a single country without borders, that would be what India is today. Spanish, French, Germans, Italians, etc would all be part of one single country under a single government.

What the subcontinent was before India became a single country is what Europe is today. Multiple different countries.

Just like there is no such thing as a 'Soviet' today, there won't be an 'Indian' in the future. People will refer to them as Tamils, Khalistani, etc.

That whole country you call India is one artificially glued together country given as a gift by the British.

This is why India can never surpass China as the whole Indian project will collapse and break up exactly like the Soviet Union did.

US no longer has to worry about a country called Soviet Union as it doesn't exist in its former self. That will be the fate of India.

China has nothing to worry as India will break up.

China was in existence as a country when the Indians and Japanese were scratching each other's back inside caves.

Dude! Buddha and Bodhidharma came from India. Japanese kicked Mongols brutally.

Don't disrespect ancient history for trolling.

This is why India can never surpass China as the whole Indian project will collapse and break up exactly like the Soviet Union did.
China has nothing to worry as India will break up.

Well I can't agree nor disagree on your rationale since I don't know much about india's history and formation, no very interested in that. What raised my attention are the track records, current facts and actual data (not forecast), hence reaching similarly gloomy speculation.

Let's continue to focus on other more relevant regions, say even Africa, it has slightly smaller population (1.1B) but bigger GDP ($2.2T last year), moreover the land size (almost 10 times) hence resources potential is much bigger!

Last edited:
Let me start with what are the conditions to be even considered to be a super power in the first place?
There are two angles to approach this question or perhaps even three: economic power, military power and industrial power. Looking at Japan,Germany and UK, these are great economic powers. Before China surpassed them they were the respective #2, #3 and #4. Did people consider these countries to be super powers?

From the military point of view, since both Japan and Germany lost the war their military prowess have been reduced. What about UK? Did anyone consider UK to be a super military power in the late 20th century or the beginning of the 21st century? USSR or Russia today is not considered a super power despite its military capabilities.

We all know how advanced Japan, Germany and UK are including their industrial powers. Each country has its own specializations and are good at with what they are doing. These countries can make some of the finest state of the art / innovative products. Again nobody consider them to be super powers.

Needless to say meeting the requirement of western standard of having per capita income of $3000-40000 does not give you the certificate of being a super power yet many authors and people like to point the fact that China despite being the #2 biggest economy, a rising economic power who will topple the US within a decade, with a mere $3000-4000 GDP per capita China is still considered poor. So how can China be considered a super power if Western countries and Japan aren't? :rofl: Sorry people but you don't need to remind us we are still poor and we still have loads of people living in villages as if we don't know that already by now. This does not stop China to become the #1 :lol:

Now going back to the question what makes a country a super power? Obviously you have to be #1 economy power with $3-40000 GDP, #1 military power with military bases over the world and #1 innovative power. So yes China is not a super power and will not be super power for a very long time based on these indicators.

Well I can't agree nor disagree on your rationale since I don't know much about india's history and formation, no very interested in that. What raised my attention are the track records, current facts and actual data (not forecast), hence reaching similar speculation.

Let's continue to focus on other more relevant regions, say even Africa, it has slightly smaller population (1.1B) but bigger GDP ($2.2T last year), moreover the land size (almost 10 times) hence resources potential is much bigger!

I would bet on India over Africa any day. Work with any Indians and Africans at Uni and you will see a massive difference in capability.

The African continent somehow manages to suffer from a curse of an abundance of resources. How the fcuk do people even manage that? Oil as a curse?

Ive seen documentaries where grown men beat the shit out of older women calling them witches and shamans. I couldn't even finish watching.

India has a track record of civilization and wealth. North Africa had its time in the sun but today Libya is bombed to shit, Egypt fallen to illiteracy + ignorance and Morocco - I dont know jack about Morroco.

It might be just me bro but African tribal culture really disgusting.

Let me start with what are the conditions to be even considered to be a super power in the first place?
There are two angles to approach this question or perhaps even three: economic power, military power and industrial power. Looking at Japan,Germany and UK, these are great economic powers. Before China surpassed them they were the respective #2, #3 and #4. Did people consider these countries to be super powers?

From the military point of view, since both Japan and Germany lost the war their military prowess have been reduced. What about UK? Did anyone consider UK to be a super military power in the late 20th century or the beginning of the 21st century? USSR or Russia today is not considered a super power despite its military capabilities.

We all know how advanced Japan, Germany and UK are including their industrial powers. Each country has its own specializations and are good at with what they are doing. These countries can make some of the finest state of the art / innovative products. Again nobody consider them to be super powers.

Needless to say meeting the requirement of western standard of having per capita income of $3000-40000 does not give you the certificate of being a super power yet many authors and people like to point the fact that China despite being the #2 biggest economy, a rising economic power who will topple the US within a decade, with a mere $3000-4000 GDP per capita China is still considered poor. So how can China be considered a super power if Western countries and Japan aren't? :rofl: Sorry people but you don't need to remind us we are still poor and we still have loads of people living in villages as if we don't know that already by now. This does not stop China to become the #1 :lol:

Now going back to the question what makes a country a super power? Obviously you have to be #1 economy power with $3-40000 GDP, #1 military power with military bases over the world and #1 innovative power. So yes China is not a super power and will not be super power for a very long time based on these indicators.

2049 is the year. 100 years after the founding of the PRC.

19 years after India Im afraid.

I would bet on India over Africa any day. Work with any Indians and Africans at Uni and you will see a massive difference in capability.

The African continent somehow manages to suffer from a curse of an abundance of resources. How the fcuk do people even manage that? Oil as a curse?

Ive seen documentaries where grown men beat the shit out of older women calling them witches and shamans. I couldn't even finish watching.

India has a track record of civilization and wealth. North Africa had its time in the sun but today Libya is bombed to shit, Egypt fallen to illiteracy + ignorance and Morocco - I dont know jack about Morroco.

2049 is the year. 100 years after the founding of the PRC.

19 years after India Im afraid.

As much fun as it is to laugh at Indians, I have to agree with you that Africans are the dumbest humans on planet earth.

Well anyone bets whatever they feel right, but if that's a billion dollar bet, I suppose checking macroscopic data would help and that's apparently what China has been doing.

But you are right bro I am also disgusted by some weirdo tribal culture in many places, there is a witch thread on PDF, check it out, it's terrible!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom