What's new

China's nominal GDP will hit $15 TRILLION in 2018

Just because there are skyscrapers in China doesnt make it more developed than Portugal. The most developed and advanced countries in the world Norway , Switzerland and Iceland rarely have skyscrapers . GDP per capita of Portugal is thice that of China and the Quality of life is much higher there.

You are so right. If countries do not have new and shiny skyscrapers everywhere,they are considered as undeveloped backward sh*tholes to many of them.

zpt.jpg

Let them with their skyscrapers,I still prefer our "undevelopped shitholes".
@Hamartia Antidote

Are you trying to divert the topics. You should stick to what your claims first.

My Initial claim was that Portugal is far more developed than China and it is as it has a much higher quality of life. Might India have more foreigners than Finland? So does that make a difference? China has more foreigners than Switzerland, Austria or Norway? What does that have to do with being developed? Your country has more foreigners because its a country of 1.2 billion people.

You are so right. If countries do not have new and shiny skyscrapers everywhere,they are considered as undeveloped backward sh*tholes to many of them.

View attachment 454021

Let them with their skyscrapers,I still prefer our "undevelopped shitholes".
@Hamartia Antidote
Old buildings without central heating or air conditioning.

Wow, I can't wait to live in an old building with a fireplace for heat.

My Initial claim was that Portugal is far more developed than China and it is as it has a much higher quality of life. Might India have more foreigners than Finland? So does that make a difference? China has more foreigners than Switzerland, Austria or Norway? What does that have to do with being developed? Your country has more foreigners because its a country of 1.2 billion people.
No, your initial claim is that almost all foreigners prefer living in Portugal than China which has been proved very wrong by the facts and figures.

What do you mean by developed?

China has subways and high-speed rail. China's infrastructure is clearly superior.

Chinese students score well in international tests. Chinese go on to build major industrial and technological behemoths (like Baidu, Alibaba, Tencent, Lenovo, Haier, Huawei, SMIC, etc.).

What has the educational system in Portugal produced? Not a single major company.

China's educational system is clearly superior to Portugal's.

You are selectively looking at some silly benchmarks. I think the happiness index is total nonsense.

Chinese cities have subways and light rail that run extensively throughout the city. Does Portugal have extensive subways in their cities? I doubt it.

Shanghai scores at the top of the international PISA test. Portugal is practically illiterate.

China has high-definition video cameras installed throughout its major cities to catch criminals. China has a low crime rate. Portugal lacks such advanced surveillance technologies to protect its citizens.

You look at your benchmarks and I'll look at mine.

My benchmarks say China is way ahead in development.

Sure China is. Just Check Quality of like Barometers like Mercers, Monocole, Economic intelligence cities quality of life and HDI. If Skyscrapers made you more developed than Mumbai would be more developed than Zurich

Sure China is. Just Check Quality of like Barometers like Mercers, Monocole, Economic intelligence cities quality of life and HDI. If Skyscrapers made you more developed than Mumbai would be more developed than Zurich
That's a desperate try of diversion, China is a preferred foreign expats destination. You are just wrong saying very few foreigners prefer coming to China. That is just wrong.

I keep telling you. Stop referring to subjective measures. I don't care about those. Quality of life is subjective.

I'm referring to FACTS that everyone can agree upon.

Does China have superior transportation than Portugal? Yes.

Does China's educational system produce students that go on to create major multinational companies? Yes. Portugal does not.

Is China safer than Portugal? Yes.

Is China more developed than Portugal? Based on the important metrics that I mentioned above, the answer is clearly yes.

What do you mean by developed?

China has subways and high-speed rail. China's infrastructure is clearly superior.

Chinese students score well in international tests. Chinese go on to build major industrial behemoths (like Baidu, Alibaba, Tencent, Lenovo, Haier, Huawei, SMIC, etc.).

What has the educational system in Portugal produced? Not a single major company.

China's educational system is clearly superior to Portugal's.

What is Your HDI? What is your ranking in Mercer's cities quality of life Index which measures things like clean environment, sanitation, free speech, Institutions and more? You are confusing manufacturing with Quality of life. China manufactures things but is still a developing country.

What is Your HDI? What is your ranking in Mercer's cities quality of life Index which measures things like clean environment, sanitation, free speech, Institutions and more? You are confusing manufacturing with Quality of life. China manufactures things but is still a developing country.
Free speech means Portugal is more developed than China?

That's idiotic.

Free speech is subjective. Free speech is also regulated in the United States.

Free speech does not make Portugal more developed than China.

Your ridiculous metrics are plain silly.

Happiness index, free speech, environment, etc.

According to your metrics, the Bahamas is the most developed country on Earth.

Please stick to your original claim.

That's a desperate try of diversion, China is a preferred foreign expats destination. You are just wrong saying very few foreigners prefer coming to China. That is just wrong.

China has a big foreign presence but nobody would want to settle there. I don't think anybody from Switzerland, Uk, France, Germany, Austria would want to settle in China just for the quality of life. China is way behind when you take the average and not the total numbers.

I think we have an anti-China troll.

This guys is just going to keep claiming nobody wants to live in China.

According to his benchmarks, desolate islands are the most "developed" places on Earth.

I'm going to ignore this Khan_21 troll.

Give me a second. I'm putting him on my ignore list with Jhungary.

That's why they all come,people go where they can make more money.

Ten Best Countries to Work in Abroad for After Tax Income
  1. Hong Kong – about $235,000
  2. the UK – about $225,000
  3. Singapore – about 210,000
  4. Japan – about $195,000
  5. the UAE – about $191.205
  6. Switzerland and the USA – just over $190,000
  7. China and Korea Republic – just below $190,000
  8. Saudi Arabia – about $172,000
  9. Turkey – about $170,000
  10. Argentina – just over $160,000

Back