What's new

China's military capabilities focused on US: Mullen

killeragent

Reaction score
Mistake while posting, the headline is "China's military capabilities focused on US: Mullen"

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/China--s-military-capabilities-focused-on-US--Mullen/736927

Posted: Thu Jan 13 2011, 10:23 hrs
Washington:

Ahead of the State visit of Chinese President Hu Jintao, a top American military leader has said that many of the modern military capabilities being developed by Beijing were focused on the United States.

"Many of these capabilities seem to be focused very specifically on the United States," Admiral Mike Mullen, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, told foreign journalists here, when asked about the high-tech military equipments, anti-satellite missiles and fifth generation fighter jets being developed by China.

The latest news reports in this regard, he said, had not come as a surprise to him because he had watched them evolve this capability.

"In that regard, it is significant. But in a sense that it's not a surprise, and I've spoken to this many times, China is investing in very high-end, high-tech capabilities.

"The question that is always out there is to try to understand exactly why, that the opaqueness of that tied to our lack of relationship is something that I'd like to see if we can crack open," Mullen said.

It's all about Taiwan and the Americans with the Chinese... No need to remind us. :|

"The question that is always out there is to try to understand exactly why, that the opaqueness of that tied to our lack of relationship is something that I'd like to see if we can crack open," Mullen said.

Mullen sounds like the average dumb american, in the aftermath of 9/11, who asked, why do they hate us? We're americans, we're the good guys!

---------- Post added at 01:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 PM ----------

Mullen's a brainwashed idiot.

Kudos to the poster for not posting this in the Indian Defence Section.

We're definitely focused on the US. After all, your own Mr. Gates reminded us, never underestimate the US! Because countries that underestimate the US get thrown into the trashbin of history!

You got that right! The USA may screw around and get fat and lazy in between major wars. But don't think for a minute that if we are attacked we won't respond. Heck, we will respond even if you just make noises like you are going to attack us.

its only logical for china to have capabilities/technologies which are specific to US. has Mr Mullen forgotten good old cold war days where capabilities were specific to USSR and china. i dint think he had such low IQ.

No sh!t mr. General. It is brilliant that you are starting to figure that out!

Being the most militarily aggressive regime, having carrier groups near Chinese shore, supplying weapons to a renegade province, funding violent coups in many countries, illegally occupying two countries, spending more money on bombing people than the rest of the world combined, yes, United States is dangerous and deterrents are needed for any country that doesn't serve as America's slave (Japan anyone?)

No sh!t mr. General. It is brilliant that you are starting to figure that out!

Being the most militarily aggressive regime, having carrier groups near Chinese shore, supplying weapons to a renegade province, funding violent coups in many countries, illegally occupying two countries, spending more money on bombing people than the rest of the world combined, yes, United States is dangerous and deterrents are needed for any country that doesn't serve as America's slave (Japan anyone?)

You could call him mr. Admiral, and add the rest , and he mightn't particularly mind.

Just kidding.

You got that right! The USA may screw around and get fat and lazy in between major wars. But don't think for a minute that if we are attacked we won't respond. Heck, we will respond even if you just make noises like you are going to attack us.

I agree, that's why we're not underestimating you. We know that the racist Wall Street regime is one of the most dangerous and aggressive rogue states in the world. To deter it from its mad dog aggression would require significant additional input of resources to our defensive systems.

Just ignore those yankees. Their country is full of brainwashed ****** and ******. They will get what they deserve, sooner or later.:chilli:

@CardSharp

You are watching this thread, I imagine.

With my tongue parked firmly in my cheek, may I draw your attention to the universality of the section marked out in - what else? - red?

I suppose irony is a lost emotional register.

isnt that obvious????:bunny:
china's defense spending's are only second to USA, so wouldn't they try to compete with someone higher than them???:rofl::rofl:
why would anyone have to compete to anyone lower than them?

Back
Top Bottom