What's new

China's Huawei considers India plant to ease security concerns

Status
Not open for further replies.
GOI has banned import of chinese telecom parts !!!!
You are saying again import from china !!! & to assemble here in india.:woot:

i don't know which part you are saying.......

I bet the labor costs in India and China wont be very different. What helps lower prices for goods mfg. in China is the heavy govt. subsidies and the undervalued currency.

The average labor cost in china is around 3 or 4 times India's. but it varies from sector to sector in economy. The gap between china and india in manufacture labor cost might be the smaller than average. in west china, salary might be no substantial difference from india. In eastern china, there are a number of cities having higher per capita GDP than Taiwan or South Korea.

In the city where i lived, the minimum salary specified by the labor law is around 150USD per month, under which it is illegal. here, the restaurant waitress earn 200USD per month, female workers making toys earn 200-300USD per month, construction workers earn 250-500USD per month. it should also be noted that they are also provided with free accommodation and meals.

As for white collar work, government employees at low position earn 350-800 USD per month in china, engineers earn 8000-35000 USD per year.

The salary in Huawei at the entry level is 1000USD per month, or 30,000USD per year if commissioned to a tough third world country like India or Ethiopia, and 70,000 USD per year for mid-level cadre. there are several hundred employees earn more than 140,000USD per year in. Huawei's sales in 2009 is 22billion USD.

Huawei does save lots of cost by hiring indian staffs instead of paying 30,000USD per year to a chinese rookie.

Last edited:
i hate it that my degree has the distinction of being #1 in unemployment 3 years in a row. i hope the jobs don't get outsourced to india.

The average labor cost in china is around 3 or 4 times India's. but it varies from sector to sector in economy. The gap between china and india in manufacture labor cost might be the smaller than average. in west china, salary might be no substantial difference from india. In eastern china, there are a number of cities having higher per capita GDP than Taiwan or South Korea.

In the city where i lived, the minimum salary specified by the labor law is around 150USD per month, under which it is illegal. here, the restaurant waitress earn 200USD per month, female workers making toys earn 200-300USD per month, construction workers earn 250-500USD per month. it should also be noted that they are also provided with free accommodation and meals.

As for white collar work, government employees at low position earn 350-800 USD per month in china, engineers earn 8000-35000 USD per year.

The salary in Huawei at the entry level is 1000USD per month, or 30,000USD per year if commissioned to a tough third world country like India or Ethiopia, and 70,000 USD per year for mid-level cadre. there are several hundred employees earn more than 140,000USD per year in. Huawei's sales in 2009 is 22billion USD.

Huawei does save lots of cost by hiring indian staffs instead of paying 30,000USD per year to a chinese rookie.

first correct your data...
it is not 3 to 4 times....

it is 1.4-1.6 times.....

depends.

if you're comparing a chinese janitor to an indian IT professional, yes, the janitor makes only 1.6 times the salary of the IT professional.

if you're comparing average wages across all sectors, no, it's definitely 4x.

in biotech chinese workers make ALOT more than indians. a junior assembly line worker at a factory makes 250 US dollars per month with food and rent free. that's an assembly line worker with a high school education.

250 USD roughly means ~12000 INR...and the same worker in india starts at ~10K INR..

That is really 4X...

Indian entry level IT Professional roughly has an average pm salary of 30,000 INR , that means ~700 USD...so in your esteemed opinion a janitor makes ~1400 USD. if thats true then i am happy for china..

Take care not to leak them the technology.

250 USD roughly means ~12000 INR...and the same worker in india starts at ~10K INR..

That is really 4X...

Indian entry level IT Professional roughly has an average pm salary of 30,000 INR , that means ~700 USD...so in your esteemed opinion a janitor makes ~1400 USD. if thats true then i am happy for china..

And do you know same post in HongKong is 15X... of India ?
No need to argue, cos source is not needed here.:cheers:

That is really 4X...

India economy & employment statistics | neoncarrot travelog

- average per capita income (GNI): 470 US Dollar (2003)
- average per capita income in Bihar: 4,616 Rupees (approx 80 Euro)

- official minimum wage in Himachal Pradesh: 65 Rupees per day (simple labourer)
- population living on less than 2 USD per day: 41.4 percent [v2020; Apr 2003]
- average monthly wage: 179 USD [GTF; 2005]

And do you know same post in HongKong is 15X... of India ?
No need to argue, cos source is not needed here.:cheers:

So a simple assembly working start in HK at 26,000 HKD a month according to you?
The latest census found that about 16.9 percent of the city's 2.78 million workers earned less than 33 Hong Kong dollars (4.25 US dollars) an hour, with about 130,000 taking home less than 24 Hong Kong dollars an hour.

Today,s news, not 2003

AFP: Wealthy Hong Kong battles over minimum wage

depends.

if you're comparing a chinese janitor to an indian IT professional, yes, the janitor makes only 1.6 times the salary of the IT professional.

if you're comparing average wages across all sectors, no, it's definitely 4x.

in biotech chinese workers make ALOT more than indians. a junior assembly line worker at a factory makes 250 US dollars per month with food and rent free. that's an assembly line worker with a high school education.

u r sure funny....and even ur 50 cent colleagues will be ashamed of you..:rofl:

u r sure funny....and even 50 cent will eb ashamed of you..:rofl:

you know, whenever i think about, indians and chinese have a pretty good chance to get along, you pop up and remind me of the bad side of india. don't know why.

So a simple assembly working start in HK at 26,000 HKD a month according to you?

Today,s news, not 2003

AFP: Wealthy Hong Kong battles over minimum wage

My friend, if you don't get what the point of my post="sarcasm" of debating without "source", thats nothing i can do, yes, its very true, HK is rich like hell, no doubt about it, we had close to "0" poverty, 99% literacy rate since the late 80's. https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/hk.html, please check it out whats HK is about.
And regarding your link provided, those are for part-time students, new immigrants which are not well educated, also imported labors.

Even our domestic helpers, (maid) made US 500 a month plus food and accomodation. The highest in asia and middle east.
GovHK: Hiring a Domestic Helper

Take a look at our salary index;

PayScale Hong Kong - Hong Kong Salary Index, Average Salaries

Lastly please congrates HK latest achievement;

HongKong foreign reserve is 255.8 billion with a population of 7million
Last time i check India's was 278.8 with a population of 1.2 billion.
Hong Kong’s Foreign Currency Reserves at US$255.8 Billion

you know, whenever i think about, indians and chinese have a pretty good chance to get along, you pop up and remind me of the bad side of india. don't know why.

Why dotn u think about urself first...u come up with some of the most ridiculous posts and if rebutted u start to fulminate like mad ppl...

My friend, if you don't get what the point of my post="sarcasm" of debating without "source", thats nothing i can do, yes, its very true, HK is rich like hell, no doubt about it, we had close to "0" poverty, 99% literacy rate since the late 80's. https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/hk.html, please check it out whats HK is about.
And regarding your link provided, those are for part-time students, new immigrants which are not well educated, also imported labors.

Even our domestic helpers, (maid) made US 500 a month plus food and accomodation. The highest in asia and middle east.
GovHK: Hiring a Domestic Helper

Take a look at our salary index;

PayScale Hong Kong - Hong Kong Salary Index, Average Salaries

Lastly please congrates HK latest achievement;

HongKong foreign reserve is 255.8 billion with a population of 7million
Last time i check India's was 278.8 with a population of 1.2 billion.
Hong Kong’s Foreign Currency Reserves at US$255.8 Billion

the figures are not US dollar but HK dollar...see before posting..
1 U.S. dollar = 7.7813745 HK dollar

so as per ur chart the figures will be as below:

project manager = 400000/7.8= US$ 51282
and this is for a project manager.....

and if u have any idea what a project manager is, his qualification, and how many years does it take to be a PM and what is the level of a PM and a janitor....u will know what will be salary of a janitor in comparison to that of a PM in some leading IT company.....

u will know the difference....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom