What's new

China's hot zones

ayibarishi

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Hi;

I believe china has a several hot zones, in every direction. As all you know, air force is the most active in this hot zones. For example: Agean sea is our hotzone. Every day our planes engage with Greek Air Force. And two side has a great dogfight ability of course...

Is anybody know?
"What is the China Air Force experiment in hot zones?" (against the Taiwan, Japan, South Korea, Russia, India, etc. doesn't matter)
"What is the victory ratio of china in that hot zones?" (especially i wonder the J-10A performance)
"What is chinas opinion on this matter: Supermanoeuvre ability can ot can not make differencies in the air wars?"

Is anybody has a information, please enlighten us...

China and Taiwan had air engagements across the Taiwan straight in 50's I think. Infact the ROC airforce is the first 'trial user' of the sidewinder missile. During one of the engagements a sidewinder struck the wing of the PLAAF plane but failed to explode. It was carried back to china where soviets were able to exame it. It is said that with what's learned they developed the atoll K-13.

On 22 September 1958, the Sidewinder was used for the first time in dogfights with 32 Sabres against over 100 MiGs. Six MiGs were downed by the F-86s, while fourteen Sabres were lost in a single day.

Last edited:
China and Taiwan had air engagements across the Taiwan straight in 50's I think. Infact the ROC airforce is the first 'trial user' of the sidewinder missile. During one of the engagements a sidewinder struck the wing of the PLAAF plane but failed to explode. It was carried back to china where soviets were able to exame it. It is said that with what's learned they developed the atoll K-13.

On 22 September 1958, the Sidewinder was used for the first time in dogfights with 32 Sabres against over 100 MiGs. Six MiGs were downed by the F-86s, while fourteen Sabres were lost in a single day.

Engine not wing but yes one of more interesting instances of ToT.

They say that in recent years Chinese Sukhoi jets had a close encounter in the air with Taiwan F-16s. Of course, there was no shooting, but it is a sign that Taiwan straits is a tense area.

Back
Top Bottom