What's new

China's growing importance to Hollywood: Tom Cruise, Joss Whedon, and other

Well,

Someone gotta invest in the industry.

common mate you are just too greedy and he got a point I m just being fair

LOL, you agree with this anti-China troll that we should be helping to reduce the American trade deficit, by paying for American movies instead of Chinese ones? :lol:

Well done, what a great service to America.

I on the other hand don't care at all about the American trade deficit. I want more money to go to local Chinese film makers so we can improve our own movie industry instead of Hollywood.

LOL, you agree with this anti-China troll that we should be helping to reduce the American trade deficit, by paying for American movies instead of Chinese ones? :lol:

Well done, what a great service to America.

I on the other hand don't care at all about the American trade deficit. I want more money to go to local Chinese film makers so we can improve our own movie industry instead of Hollywood.

if the trade deficit is getting any bigger do you think America will tolerate it?

if the trade deficit is getting any bigger do you think America will tolerate it?

I don't care about America?

America doesn't tolerate the value of the Yuan, they don't tolerate our oil imports and support to Iran, they don't tolerate our "supposed" hacking attacks, they don't tolerate censorship, they don't tolerate how we are treating dissidents.... they don't tolerate how we are maintaining peace and security in western China...

Do you care so much about what America tolerates?

I am a Chinese citizen, not an American one, so why should I care so much about helping America?

I don't care about America?

America doesn't tolerate the value of the Yuan, they don't tolerate our oil imports and support to Iran, they don't tolerate our "supposed" hacking attacks, they don't tolerate censorship, they don't tolerate how we are treating dissidents.... they don't tolerate how we are maintaining peace and security in western China...

Do you care so much about what America tolerates?

I am a Chinese citizen, not an American one, so why should I care so much about helping America?

Most consumers dont think along nationalist lines. They simply chose what they percieve to have better value. If China can produce good plots and special effects they will have more people watching their stuff.

So in the end may the best win.

Most consumers dont think along nationalist lines. They simply chose what they percieve to have better value. If China can produce good plots and special effects they will have more people watching their stuff.

So in the end may the best win.

This is a defence forum though, so we do think along nationalist/patriotic lines.

What is so great about the fact that American companies like Google rule the world markets?

In China we have Baidu instead of Google, and we even have our own satellite GPS system called Beidou.

So why shouldn't we support our domestic movie industry too. Instead of sending our money to the already rich Americans?

This is a defence forum though, so we do think along nationalist/patriotic lines.

What is so great about the fact that American companies like Google rule the world markets?

In China we have Baidu instead of Google, and we even have our own satellite GPS system called Beidou.

So why shouldn't we support our domestic movie industry too. Instead of sending our money to the already rich Americans?

No one is saying you shouldn't. But support does not guarantee a product attractive to consumers.

Btw, is Japanese cinema/anime popular in china?

No one is saying you shouldn't. But support does not guarantee a product attractive to consumers.

That's true. But there are a lot of people in the movie industry who have talent and ideas, but not enough capital. They could do great things if they had the money.

Hollywood is already loved by the world and earns a ridiculous amount of money. If our own customers prefer Hollywood over domestic movies then what hope is there of improvement? Who will inject their money into the industry?

Btw, is Japanese cinema/anime popular in china?

Yes, very much so. Japanese Anime and Korean Soap operas have a significant chunk of the market.

It's kind of stupid to say China supported the American Film market.

Beside move goer come to see Hollywood blockbuster (Which is limited in number to import by CPC by the way) There are seldom movie and actor that shot or from China or even Chinese Background.

Hollywood want the pie in China, after all it have 1.3 billions people in it. How do they do that is one thing. If they want that pie, unavoidably they will need to either shoot more scene on location in China and or used some Chinese actor. Same things we did with the NBA, although NBA had a respectable viewership in China before we even employ Chinese player, the viewership double or even triple in China when we have Chinese Player like Wang Zhi Zhi, Yu Ming or even Jeremy Lin. Same things goes UK premiership.

But then when you look at how movie Goer in China choose Hollywood and instead of local production is another business altogether. How do anyone choose which movie to see has their own merit, be it viewer response, peer pressure. There are no such thing as traitor if you support Hollywood but not local production. It's a market free for all, same goes with Computer selection. Can we cry foul if American support Lenovo but not HP or Dell??

Back
Top Bottom