What's new

China's green cards for foreigners

Thank for reply. I was just joking. But the definition of "Chinese ancestors" are so complicated, because there have been so many Chinese migration to neighbouring since ancient times.

I read Chân Lạp Phong Thổ Ký (真臘風土記) by Chu Đạt Quan (周达观), who wrote the book in 1296, when he visited the Khmer Kingdom. Even at that time, he saw many Chinese men already there and married to local women.
Then it was hard for those to prove identity and above all the continuous adoption of Chinese culture and languages.

Thank for reply. I was just joking. But the definition of "Chinese ancestors" are so complicated, because there have been so many Chinese migration to neighbouring since ancient times.

I read Chân Lạp Phong Thổ Ký (真臘風土記) by Chu Đạt Quan (周达观), who wrote the book in 1296, when he visited the Khmer Kingdom. Even at that time, he saw many Chinese men already there and married to local women.

LOL, you are indeed right.

It is definitely not a clear cut definition. Let's say, if you are born and living in Canada and your parents (perhaps living grandparents) are from a village/town in China with extended relatives and anecdotal and legal evidence, I guess that would constitute a proof for being from China.

Otherwise, like you said, considering that today's Japanese are in fact mostly those who migrated from Korean peninsula to southern Japan islands and that those Korean peninsula dwellers were in fact migrants from interior China, the entire NEA and a considerable part of SEA would easily argue for having Chinese ancestor.

Nonetheless, I think being a high skilled academics from Korea would definitely weight more heavily for a Green Card than being a high skilled academics from somewhere else outside East Asia.

China launches reform of Chinese "green cards"
(Xinhua) 18:18, April 17, 2017

FOREIGN201704171819000430066832567.jpg

BEIJING, April 17 (Xinhua) -- China launched a reform of permanent residence certificates for foreigners, according to a reform plan issued by the Ministry of Public Security (MPS).

The "foreigner's permanent residence card," known as the Chinese "green card," will be renamed the "foreigner's permanent residence identity card," according to the plan.

Like the identity cards used by Chinese citizens, foreigners' identity information will be embedded in the chips of the machine-readable cards, which will be shared by railway and airline departments, hotels and banks.

Approved by the Central Leading Group for Deepening Overall Reform, the reform plan serves the nation's talent development strategy and responds to social concerns.

The reform also aims to provide foreigners easier access to public services in China, and the work is expected to be finished before June.

In 2016, 1,576 foreigners became permanent Chinese residents, an increase of 163 percent over the previous year, according to the MPS.

China has made huge progress in easing its residence and entry policies for foreigners since September 2015, which has helped attract more talent from overseas and boosted international exchanges.

China welcomes young talents.
It helps if you are good looking too! (just joking).

China launches reform of Chinese "green cards"
(Xinhua) 18:18, April 17, 2017

View attachment 391220

BEIJING, April 17 (Xinhua) -- China launched a reform of permanent residence certificates for foreigners, according to a reform plan issued by the Ministry of Public Security (MPS).

The "foreigner's permanent residence card," known as the Chinese "green card," will be renamed the "foreigner's permanent residence identity card," according to the plan.

Like the identity cards used by Chinese citizens, foreigners' identity information will be embedded in the chips of the machine-readable cards, which will be shared by railway and airline departments, hotels and banks.

Approved by the Central Leading Group for Deepening Overall Reform, the reform plan serves the nation's talent development strategy and responds to social concerns.

The reform also aims to provide foreigners easier access to public services in China, and the work is expected to be finished before June.

In 2016, 1,576 foreigners became permanent Chinese residents, an increase of 163 percent over the previous year, according to the MPS.

China has made huge progress in easing its residence and entry policies for foreigners since September 2015, which has helped attract more talent from overseas and boosted international exchanges.

China welcomes young talents.
It helps if you are good looking too! (just joking).

Still the number is too low and conditions too strict.

A country can never be truly great until it attracts top talent from across the world.

Still the number is too low and conditions too strict.

A country can never be truly great until it attracts top talent from across the world.

it's apparently you love to lecture china, saying china should do this, china should do that.
if you think of yourself so knowledgeable, full of proficiency, why don't you spend your time to lecture your indian government, your indian public to make india great?

Twenty years ago, no foreigners or even overseas Chinese were interested in getting Permanent Residence or Green Card in China.

Today, the world has changed. Many foreigners are interested in applying for Permanent Residence in China. But to get it, you need to have the talent and skills. (China is not interested in your money, they have plenty of it).

If you are an Overseas Chinese, you can get the Overseas Chinese ID.

it's apparently you love to lecture china, saying china should do this, china should do that.
if you think of yourself so knowledgeable, full of proficiency, why don't you spend your time to lecture your indian government, your indian public to make india great?

LOL, man. We are at a completely different stage of development. We have so much talent yet we aren't able to utilize our own talent and it is leaving.

In fact despite that India is ahead of China in outreach to Indians and people of Indian heritage abroad. India grants an overseas Indian card to every such person which practically gives them all rights akin to an Indian citizen.

Twenty years ago, no foreigners or even overseas Chinese were interested in getting Permanent Residence or Green Card in China.

Today, the world has changed. Many foreigners are interested in applying for Permanent Residence in China. But to get it, you need to have the talent and skills. (China is not interested in your money, they have plenty of it).

If you are an Overseas Chinese, you can get the Overseas Chinese ID.

But overseas Chinese ID provides very limited benefits.

LOL, man. We are at a completely different stage of development. We have so much talent yet we aren't able to utilize our own talent and it is leaving.

In fact despite that India is ahead of China in outreach to Indians and people of Indian heritage abroad. India grants an overseas Indian card to every such person which practically gives them all rights akin to an Indian citizen.

But overseas Chinese ID provides very limited benefits.

you got numbers to back that up? there's a lot more overseas Chinese than Indians. And overseas Chinese have been critical in providing the initial seed money for China's growth.

No one can help India. Not even Ganesh, rat king and hanuman combined can help.

So, I will be extremely grateful if you can tell me more about it. Perhaps also give sources.

Try this source, maybe it will help to clarify your doubt
Translation for the below illustration of benefits for having a Chinese green card, to my Chinese bros, please correct me if i was making mistake with my translations

(1)Permanent residency
(2)The rights of investing in China
(3)Right of getting in and out of China
(4)Right of purchasing properties
(5)Right of opening bank account
(6)Right of attending school for your kids
(7)Right of applying driver license
(8)Rights apply for properties residential fund

IVsowEx.jpg
http://www.studyinchina.com.my/web/page/green-card-to-attract-more-overseas-chinese/
K9Lus2D.jpg

http://www.studyinchina.com.my/web/page/green-card-to-attract-more-overseas-chinese/

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom