What's new

China's GDP was 17.7 trillion USD in 2021

As early as thousands of years ago, Ancient Korea had surrendered to China. They have been affiliated to China for a long time.
For thousands of years, China did not choose to annex Ancient Korea, but to protect Ancient Korea, of course, there is a reason.
China's protection of North Korea is based on history, which is our cultural tradition and responsibility. China will not annex North Korea for the same reason.
Korean civilization is a branch of Chinese civilization, but it is a strong branch. The Korean people have a strong national consciousness, let them to join China will only bring instability within China.
I enjoyed reading your post. Thanks for educating me.

Yes, but Mexicans are mostly Catholic and speak Spanish. So there are some faultlines.

Usually we think East Asians have more in common than say Westerners.

Chinese and Korean aren't even from the same language family.

So per capita in nominal dollars has China crossed into a high income economy as defined by the world bank; over $12,696? I ask because there is some speculation, The population is not 1.4+ billion but actually lower and therefore the per capita number should be higher then $12,500.

many south american countries have higher gdp per capita than china, but they look like dirt poor 3rd worlders. are they high income countries?

many south american countries have higher gdp per capita than china, but they look like dirt poor 3rd worlders. are they high income countries?

GDP is a very masturbated metrics popularized by the US. Formerly everyone use GNP. You can build prison to increase GDP. For GNP you got to increase residence wage level.

Dont take GDP too seriously.

To really reckon the wealth of nations, one should look at living area per capita, car per capita, electricity consumption per capita, meat consumption per capita.....etc...

For metric such as car per capita and living area per capita, China already beaten Singapore.

I enjoyed reading your post. Thanks for educating me.
You are welcome.
Chinese rulers of all dynasties have been very cautious about allowing powerful nations to join China. Because there were two profound lessons in China's history.
In AD 48, the emperor of the Han Dynasty allowed the South Hun king to join China. In 304 ad, the Hun leader Liu Yuan led the Hun rebellion. It led to the demise of the Western Jin Dynasty.
In 629 ad, the Tang emperor eliminated the Turkic Kingdom and allowed the remaining Turks to join the Tang army. In 755 ad, the Turkic army followed the rebellion of Anlu mountain. It led to the decline of the Tang Dynasty.
Like which countries?
In 2021, in South America, I think only Uruguay should have a higher per capita GDP than China.

In 2021, in South America, I think only Uruguay should have a higher per capita GDP than China.
The only countries in South America that have higher GDP per capita than China are ones with small populations (it's from wikipedia):
Trinidad and Tobago (1,367,558) ($16,243), Uruguay (3,518,552) ($17,819), Panama (4,379,039) ($17,148).
i never went to S. America but I would say they definitely don't look like 3rd world countries, I mean when you think of something that is 3rd world you think of something that looks like this:
afghanistan skyline

kabul city aerial view - afghanistan skyline stock pictures, royalty-free photos & images

Not something like this:
Panama City Skyline
panama_city_skyline_ii.jpg

The only countries in South America that have higher GDP per capita than China are ones with small populations (it's from wikipedia):
Trinidad and Tobago (1,367,558) ($16,243), Uruguay (3,518,552) ($17,819), Panama (4,379,039) ($17,148).
i never went to S. America but I would say they definitely don't look like 3rd world countries, I mean when you think of something that is 3rd world you think of something that looks like this:
afghanistan skyline

kabul city aerial view - afghanistan skyline stock pictures, royalty-free photos & images

Not something like this:
Panama City Skyline
View attachment 809825

I agree, most developing countries actually fall in the category of 2nd world countries. Most have areas that are quite developed but also areas that are still lagging behind. When we are talking straight third world, countries like Afghanistan, Somalia, Chad, etc come to mind.

Countries like Mexico, Panama, Indonesia, Thailand, etc are in the second world category.
As early as thousands of years ago, Ancient Korea had surrendered to China. They have been affiliated to China for a long time.
For thousands of years, China did not choose to annex Ancient Korea, but to protect Ancient Korea, of course, there is a reason.
China's protection of North Korea is based on history, which is our cultural tradition and responsibility. China will not annex North Korea for the same reason.
Korean civilization is a branch of Chinese civilization, but it is a strong branch. The Korean people have a strong national consciousness, let them to join China will only bring instability within China.

I think the time is long passed where there was a chance the Koreans could be incorporated into China. Maybe if China invaded and ruled Korea directly in the Ming Dynasty. Obviously, Korea was sinicized a long time ago but they retained their unique characteristics throughout history. Perhaps it was because of the geography that China never really ventured to absorb Korea as one of its provinces except for brief periods. But Koreans today are definitely a very unique separate ethnicity, and they have diverged a lot from China too in the last 130 years due to Japanese and Western influence.

I think the time is long passed where there was a chance the Koreans could be incorporated into China. Maybe if China invaded and ruled Korea directly in the Ming Dynasty. Obviously, Korea was sinicized a long time ago but they retained their unique characteristics throughout history. Perhaps it was because of the geography that China never really ventured to absorb Korea as one of its provinces except for brief periods. But Koreans today are definitely a very unique separate ethnicity, and they have diverged a lot from China too in the last 130 years due to Japanese and Western influence.

Just as well. East Asia is more vibrant and dynamic today because the Koreans are a distinct separate ethnicity. China doesn't need 70mil more Chinese and it will make little difference to the rest of the world.

nk, nigeria, philippine and sh1tload more countries have some very impressive skyscraper cities, but they are dirt poor.

Nationhood doesnt derive from ancient empires. it derives from commonality of a group. usually the commonality is based on language - like germans,turks, koreans, french etc. Koreas are a nation and that must be respected. Han chinese are a nation and so are tibetans. it is possible to have a state support multiple nations but usually one nation tends to have a huge demographic majority.

Nationhood doesnt derive from ancient empires. it derives from commonality of a group. usually the commonality is based on language - like germans,turks, koreans, french etc. Koreas are a nation and that must be respected. Han chinese are a nation and so are tibetans. it is possible to have a state support multiple nations but usually one nation tends to have a huge demographic majority.

Tibetan and Han belong to the same language system, Sino Tibetan language family, the two languages are very similar, and Tibetans now usually communicate in Chinese. In fact, because of decades of compulsory education, almost all Chinese people of all nationalities apply Putonghua and Chinese characters.
Secondly, I don't think western countries respect language and countries, they only respect their own interests. For example, Taiwan, which uses Chinese. And India, which speaks dozens of languages.

What an awfully convenient theory for your divisive agenda you just happen to subscribe to and awfully convenient choice of what languages create nations.

Now tell Austria and Netherlands respectfully that they are not a country anymore and respectfully return to the Holy Empire, but not after respectfully splitting up Germany and into Germany, Friesland and good old Saxony because we got to preserve that culture from genocide.
Then we respectfully split France back into into Roman Gallia and do the Nazis a favour and return French Elsas Loraine to Germany.
Why not respectfully revive Burgundy while we are at it, Im sure we will find some minority speaking a dialect distinctive enough to count as its own language and turn the minority into a huuuuge majority of their just made up new nation. Maybe we can even find some legitimate heir to set up a CIA sponsored government in exile until things are done up there.
Your NATO ally Turkey is not going to like how much land we are respectfully going to redistribute to the nation of Kurdistan either. Do we need to go on?

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom