What's new

China's fighters undercut Sukhoi in African markets

This is not a question anyone here will be able to answer.

Kharian_Beast;
i think answer , is simple that basiclly of the "cold war" between US of A, & former soviet USSR, at that time pakistan was in US camp, & india was in the soviet camp, so pakistans, militry needs were mostly fullfilled by US + west!
the preasent day, situation ! which pakistan is facing now, was never been thought, or even never been considered, also there was , some kind of "kick backs";)

The best solution for America would be to continue selling us expensive aircraft along with spares just as long as we keep putting money in their pockets without knowing that the equipment is useless in the long run anyway.
This is what is happening. This is why I am saying, spares are not an issue, we are not Iran and the 90's are long over. The US has vested interests in Pakistan and will keep selling us **** as long as they think we have no clue that the **** can be tampered with and rendered useless. We've had limitations on our F-16's before.

Kharian_Beast;sir
great simply great, you are becomming a super star here!:tup::tup::tup::D

i think firstly we finish our order of jf 17 and j 10 and i deeply think that we should increase the number of j 10 to 50 to 70 and less some numberds of jf 17 to 200 and go for J 11 after we get J 10 Vegarous Dragon atleast 40 to 50 J 11 will be good for our airforce and in future JXX and few JH 7 for bomber role and for our navy to carry anti ship missiles or babur cruise missile

Kharian_Beast;
i think answer , is simple that basiclly of the "cold war" between US of A, & former soviet USSR, at that time pakistan was in US camp, & india was in the soviet camp, so pakistans, militry needs were mostly fullfilled by US + west!
the preasent day, situation ! which pakistan is facing now, was never been thought, or even never been considered, also there was , some kind of "kick backs";)

My good friend,

I appreciate your input, which in fact has lots of truth to it. However, it is up to the people we elect to think through these present day situations because the Cold War is long long long over. If they can't adjust accordingly we must demand their resignations and put competent people in charge. Imagine...our elite PAF squadrons flying aircraft that are potentially huge liabilities. Despite how I feel about the Chinese at times, it is true they are our tested friends through all conditions and situations, we must acquire ToT for J10B from them. If our navy demands ToT for it's highly prized possessions, why should the elite squadrons of our air force be given anything less? 36 J10 isn't going to cut it, the 3 billion+ we are going to waste on Block 52 can be put to better use, as funds are limited our solutions must be sharp and precise. The era of kick backs are over, we are the focal point in many people's eyes and under the microscope. It is time to act like men and leave the boys behind.

Last edited:
in future china will be the world biggest exporter of arms china even easily passes US and england arms export and even russian and china is future super power both financially and militaily and we are very lucky that ALLAH gave us a most reliable friend as china and long live china and pakistan friendship

The only way that would happen, would be if we STOP TAKING THE DAMN F-16's from the Americans! I've been saying that for quite some time now. F-16's aren't the end of the world! We should be able to produce them on our OWN by now. Doesn't matter if it's a cheap version. Atleast we would have other options open to upgrade our fleet!

I strongly support the procurement of J-11's. Who's with me?

I'm with you! It wouldn't be a bad idea if we also got our hands on a few F-16 Block 52+ fighters. They can greatly enhance our JF-17 project in the long term. The attached strings will still apply. We can compensate that with the improved JF-17 and a few elite squadrons of FC-20/J-11B which are the future of PAF. There is no denial about that.

Last edited:
and our fighter pilots are very well trained and rated one of the best fighter pilot ever flew fighter jets ani indian fighter pilot with state of the art fighter jet no way near stands near to pakistani fighter pilot we have very good examples of past of MM ALAM destroying indian fighter jets 4 hunter in less than one minute. remember indians MM ALAM now these days we have more MM ALAMS

:china::china:
I'm with you! It wouldn't be a bad idea if we also got our hands on a few F-16 Block 52+ fighters. They can greatly enhance our JF-17 project in the long term. The attached strings will still apply. We can compensate that with the JF-17 and a few elite squadrons of FC-20/J-11B which are the future of PAF. There is no denial about that.

i wish that will happen even on lease we can get them but we need to finish our orders first and i hope our govt and airchief marshal should go for J 11B in future or ask china even now to give us one squadron of J 11B ad after think aboutgetting full quata of J 10 we should induct 3 to 4 squadrons of J11B i request our govt and Airforce to seriously think about J 11B and even send some of our fighter pilots to test flight of J 11 B
:china::china::china::china:

friends here let me tell you why russia wont be worried by chinese sales.
1- russia seeks to improve its technology and defence products comparing to the US and EUROPE. they are going in for high end technology.5th generation aircraft,uavs,laser ammunitions, vaccum bombs and hit and return missiles<missile defence shields> and gps navigated weaponary,all these are not cheap and the african countries do not need<or cannot afford these>
infact very few traditional russian customers can afford these so that the market is not lost to the US and EUROPE or other small players, russia wont mind china selling the weaponary because almost all the chinese weaponary are based on russian designs and technology.

2- secondly russia does not need the oil or resources<from the african countries> what the russians need are lots of funds and skilled manpower, that is why they are going in for joint funding,partnerships with france,india,brazil,italy and other countries.whocan provide the huge amount of money needed for R&D.

thanks

1- russia seeks to improve its technology and defence products comparing to the US and EUROPE. they are going in for high end technology.5th generation aircraft,uavs,laser ammunitions, vaccum bombs and hit and return missiles<missile defence shields> and gps navigated weaponary,all these are not cheap and the african countries do not need<or cannot afford these>
infact very few traditional russian customers can afford these so that the market is not lost to the US and EUROPE or other small players, russia wont mind china selling the weaponary because almost all the chinese weaponary are based on russian designs and technology.

2- secondly russia does not need the oil or resources<from the african countries> what the russians need are lots of funds and skilled manpower, that is why they are going in for joint funding,partnerships with france,india,brazil,italy and other countries.whocan provide the huge amount of money needed for R&D.

thanks

moscow;sir
i agree with you.:tup::agree:

so is there a chance that china will offer J-11B to pakistan and russia wont interference it and do we really need aricrafts like su30-mk2, j-11b etc.

Pakistan is purchasing J10B my friend, J10B is a huge improvement to J10A and J10B will only be inducted into the Chinese Air Force and Pakistan Air Force.

Here's some info about J10B:

Video description:
The J-10 jet fighter is officially revealed by CCTV.

The J-10 is a state-of-the-art, very advanced, very capable, and extremely powerful 4.5th-generation multirole fighter jet comparable to the EUROFIGHTER TYPHOON.

THE J-10B IS A HUGE UPGRADE OF THE J-10A WITH FEATURES SUCH AS:
- Thrust-vector control
- Extremely-high maneuverability
- Stealth DSI intakes
- More hardpoints
- AESA radar
- MUCH MUCH MORE

It entered service in 2007.

The J-10B lies on a WHOLE NEW GENERATION than the J-10A. It is much superior to the F-15 Eagle and the Eurofighter Typhoon. Pakistan will use the J-10B (which they call it the FC-20) and they said it was as good as a 5TH-GENERATION FIGHTER.

SPECIFICATIONS (J-10A):
- Speed: Mach 2.2
- g-limits: +9/-3 g (+88/-29 m/s&#194;&#178;, +290/-97 ft/s&#194;&#178;)
- Combat radius: 2,540 km (1,370 mi)
- Range (without refuelling): 3,400 km
- Service ceiling 20,000 m (65,600 ft)
- Wing loading: 335 kg/m&#194;&#178; (64 lb/ft&#194;&#178;)
- Minimum thrust/weight:
- With afterburner: 0.98
- In-flight refuelling: Yes
- Thrust-vector-control: Yes
- Maneuverability: Extremely high

WEAPONS:
- Guns: 2&#195;&#8212; 23 mm internal cannon
- Hardpoints: 11, 3 under each wing and 5 under the fuselage
- Missiles:
- Air-to-air: PL-8, PL-9, PL-11, PL-12
- Air-to-surface: PJ-9, YJ-9K, 90 mm rockets
- Rocket launcher pods
- Bombs: laser-guided bombs (LT-2), glide bombs (LS-6) and unguided bombs

COMPARABLE TO:
- F-15E "Strike Eagle"
- Eurofighter "Typhoon"
- Sukhoi Su-30MKK "Flanker"
- Dassault "Rafale"
- F-16 "Falcon" (latest versions)

http://www.air-attack.com/videos/single/iGPoYyvizyY

Theres a reason why Pakistan bought this bird :D

Last edited:
Pakistan is purchasing J10B my friend, J10B is a huge improvement to J10A and J10B will only be inducted into the Chinese Air Force and Pakistan Air Force.

Here's some info about J10B:

Video description:
The J-10 jet fighter is officially revealed by CCTV.

The J-10 is a state-of-the-art, very advanced, very capable, and extremely powerful 4.5th-generation multirole fighter jet comparable to the EUROFIGHTER TYPHOON.

THE J-10B IS A HUGE UPGRADE OF THE J-10A WITH FEATURES SUCH AS:
- Thrust-vector control
- Extremely-high maneuverability

- Stealth DSI intakes
- More hardpoints
- AESA radar
- MUCH MUCH MORE

It entered service in 2007.

The J-10B lies on a WHOLE NEW GENERATION than the J-10A. It is much superior to the F-15 Eagle and the Eurofighter Typhoon. Pakistan will use the J-10B (which they call it the FC-20) and they said it was as good as a 5TH-GENERATION FIGHTER.

SPECIFICATIONS (J-10A):
- Speed: Mach 2.2
- g-limits: +9/-3 g (+88/-29 m/s², +290/-97 ft/s²)
- Combat radius: 2,540 km (1,370 mi)
- Range (without refuelling): 3,400 km
- Service ceiling 20,000 m (65,600 ft)
- Wing loading: 335 kg/m² (64 lb/ft²)
- Minimum thrust/weight:
- With afterburner: 0.98
- In-flight refuelling: Yes
- Thrust-vector-control: Yes
- Maneuverability: Extremely high

WEAPONS:
- Guns: 2× 23 mm internal cannon
- Hardpoints: 11, 3 under each wing and 5 under the fuselage
- Missiles:
- Air-to-air: PL-8, PL-9, PL-11, PL-12
- Air-to-surface: PJ-9, YJ-9K, 90 mm rockets
- Rocket launcher pods
- Bombs: laser-guided bombs (LT-2), glide bombs (LS-6) and unguided bombs

COMPARABLE TO:
- F-15E "Strike Eagle"
- Eurofighter "Typhoon"
- Sukhoi Su-30MKK "Flanker"
- Dassault "Rafale"
- F-16 "Falcon" (latest versions)

Air-Attack.com Videos :: J-10 FIGHTER: DEFINITION OF INVINCIBILITY

Theres a reason why Pakistan bought this bird :D

agreed with you J 10 vegarous dragon i bste out of the best bt when we be getting our first J 10b please provide official source

thanks

You have some very good points there my friend but you have to understand that China is selling cheap weapons to many third world nations but they are also concentrating heavily on advanced weapon systems. China has the world's third largest budget for Research and Development and a huge portion of that budget is dedicated to the military. With China's booming economy, they certinely have the resources now to compete the with West. The Russians are lucky in a sense that they have inherited a huge military industrial complex from the Soviet Union, China has recently started to invest massive amount of resources towards military and they are catching up very fast with the West and Russia. China has now the world's second largest military budget, obviousally they have concealed it and the Americans are ******** about it.

Back
Top Bottom