What's new

China's domestic navigation system guides Pakistan

atlantis_cn

Reaction score
Country
China
China's domestic navigation system guides Pakistan

English.news.cn 2014-05-22 23:25:42

NANJING, May 22 (Xinhua) -- China's domestically made Beidou navigation system has set up a network in Pakistan, the first in a foreign country, the company said Thursday.

Beidou was co-developed by China Great Wall Industry Corporation and the Beijing UniStrong Science& Technology Co., Ltd. The first stage of Pakistan's geographic positioning network has been finished, Shen Jun, chief scientist of UniStrong, said at the annual China Satellite Navigation Conference in Nanjing.

The network includes five base stations and one processing center, covering Karachi. It can provide positioning with a precision of 2 centimeters, while the precision can reach 5 millimeters after post processing, and can help in urban planning, surveying and mapping, environmental supervision, disaster relief, traffic monitoring and other fields.

Shen Jun said the second stage of the network will cover the whole of Pakistan and be the first national high precision Beidou navigation network abroad.

Editor: Mu Xuequan

Thank you China for extending this service to us. It also has tangible military applications on top of the obvious civilian benefits.

How can it be help in war situation??? Why not american GPS which is free??? Answer me

How can it be help in war situation??? Why not american GPS which is free??? Answer me

Because my ABCD friend Military grade GPS is not free and available to all like its commercial counterpart. for example You cannot incorporate GPS into
one of your own Developed system for say JF17 jet or a cruise missile with out american permission and expertise. And by that i mean there complete LOOK into it.
If Baidu Provide same level of precision(which i will not argue here with you) it would be great with out giving uncle sam access to our systems.
Russia is developing GLONASS with such urgency for the same reason for itself and its allies.
But pardon me. I frankly believe i cannot argue with you. You look like thay typical "Praise west" kind of guy to me. and that sector is beyond my wits and bounds.

Because my ABCD friend Military grade GPS is not free and available to all like its commercial counterpart. for example You cannot incorporate GPS into
one of your own Developed system for say JF17 jet or a cruise missile with out american permission and expertise. And by that i mean there complete LOOK into it.
If Baidu Provide same level of precision(which i will not argue here with you) it would be great with out giving uncle sam access to our systems.
Russia is developing GLONASS with such urgency for the same reason for itself and its allies.
But pardon me. I frankly believe i cannot argue with you. You look like thay typical "Praise west" kind of guy to me. and that sector is beyond my wits and bounds.

I'm not west praiser....

Every one is building their own system, Europe and Russia also because GPS is not realiable in war time. Pakistan can't afford to fund something like that, good news is China now have Beidou up and running.

Long range drones, GPS guided weapon kits, Satellite guided glide munitions, cruise missiles, ballistic missiles, armor, infantry, navy, sub launched cruise missiles, so on and so forth.

Back
Top Bottom