What's new

China’s bullet trains facilitate market integration and mitigate the cost of megacity growth

As a traveller, I just check this

900km, 11h hours, and fare 63USD for soft sleeper

Today 30 Jun, morning
But the available ticket only for 2 Jul depart 21:30 , 3 tickets only

Train Search Results: From Guilin To Guangzhou

For same distance, we advise everyone use air passenser.

Our family just spend a holiday with 6 flights , HANOI - KUALA LUMPUR over 2000km for 3 hours, 54-59$ / pax. return fare 44-48$ / pax

Another checking for flagship Beijing - Shanghai, booking at least 3=5 days in advance,
the cheapest fare for hard seat 2nd class 99$ / pax for 1,300 km ... while nearly 300$ for business class oneway. Wow.

Last edited:
some very cheap:xiamen-shenzhen line 502.4km 2nd class seat 150.5RMB 3:50
the most expensive :shenzhen-guangzhou 104.6km 2nd class seat 74.5RMB about 40 minutes
What about Beijing- Shanghai ?

My GF take HSR from ShenZhen to Beijing cost 900RMB, 10 hours.

is it a 2nd or 1st class seat, cnleio ? As I checked, your fare level is 2nd class
for 1st 1,500 RMB, for business : 3,000 RMB

for 10 hours trip, it should be a soft sleeper or it costs 1000 RMB more for head and shoulder massage. In my rich experience of travelling, 5 hours+ trip in seat turn anyone to aches.

How about China air passenger performance same route, @cnleio ?

For air passenger, it takes one-third of time and cost 888-1000 rmb for economy class which is comfortable enough for 3 hours or more.

For saving time, cost and health at the distance, I vote for air passenger. It's true for business and white collar.

For saving cost, a return home worker would choose a traditional train for one-fifth fare level and takes double time. And traditional train did expand to less-developped area more than HSR.

Last edited:
It's already cheap. I will take business class for $300.
It was talking from the common Chinese folks perspective who travel more frequently than once a year tourist.

My GF take HSR from ShenZhen to Beijing cost 900RMB, 10 hours.
Reasonable price.But isn't flying more viable.

It was talking from the common Chinese folks perspective who travel more frequently than once a year tourist.

Commuters spend around $400/month on our 'Slow Train' that you can't even get a seat during rush hour if you take it from a non main station. The Viva (another slow train) cost you $200/person for a 450 km distance ride. China's hsr is priced pretty decent.

Dont worry about ticket prices。Chinese HSR trains and stations are more or less packed these days。One needs to book tickets well in advance for timely travel on most popular routes。

Flying is no longer considered cool for distances shorter than 1000km

The right of approval of railway system was handed down from central government to provincial government, I can assume more railway and metro being build by even tier 3 cities.

Dont worry about ticket prices。Chinese HSR trains and stations are more or less packed these days。One needs to book tickets well in advance for timely travel on most popular routes。

Flying is no longer considered cool for distances shorter than 1000km

Why you don't wanna fly? Let compare HSR to your current air passenger performance please
I guess flying 1:30 cooler than 4 hours of travelling by train.
Last week, we spend 50 min to fly from KUL to LGK which is an island,
We still feel well to reach the beach, play hard all day. If you choose a slower, it spends your health and time. You wouldn't have good time as using air passenger
Let guess how much we pay for , under 9 to 12usd one-way, many flights everyday.
We fly from this to that, arrive before opening hour 10am, meeting, shopping or diving.. and return around 6pm. How can HSR help to forth and back 1000km within 1 working day?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom