What's new

China's 3rd aircraft carrier and 1st LHD begins sea trials.

LHD is a kind of aircraft carrier.
https://www.realcleardefense.com/ar...ut, the aircraft carrier,it can replace a CVN.
Screen Shot 2020-08-09 at 7.31.40 PM.png

:hitwall::crazy:

As per your source, LHD and CVN are different kinds of aircraft carriers. Both have different roles in the navy. LHD can also be nuclear powered and displace more than CVN. LHD is more geared towards amphibious warfare and can carry hovercrafts.
The highlighted text literally separates the term "aircraft carrier" (i.e. 001, 002, 003) and the term "amphibious assault ship" (i.e. 075). Why do you insist on calling the 075 an aircraft carrier when it is unable to even launch fixed wing aircraft, as the conventional definition would hold?

The highlighted text literally separates the term "aircraft carrier" (i.e. 001, 002, 003) and the term "amphibious assault ship" (i.e. 075). Why do you insist on calling the 075 an aircraft carrier when it is unable to even launch fixed wing aircraft, as the conventional definition would hold?

LHD and CVN are different kinds of aircraft carriers. These are US navy designations. Other navies may designate according to their own classification. They aren't all that different. Ticonderoga is designated cruiser and it's way smaller than Zumwalt which is designated as destroyer. Both cruiser and destroyer serve the same role in the US navy despite different classifications.

In the Chinese navy Type 075 is designated as aircraft carriers.

LHD and CVN are different kinds of aircraft carriers. These are US navy designations. Other navies may designate according to their own classification. They aren't all that different. Ticonderoga is designated cruiser and it's way smaller than Zumwalt which is designated as destroyer. Both cruiser and destroyer serve the same role in the US navy despite different classifications.
Dude the point is no one calls the 075 an "aircraft carrier"; it is universally referred to as a LHD or a Amphibious Assault Ship. Even in Chinese, the 075 is classified as 两栖攻击舰, meaning amphibious assault ship, while the 001/002/003 is classified as 航空母舰 (shortened to 航母), meaning aircraft carrier. Why should the 075 be called an aircraft carrier when it cannot even launch any fixed wing aircraft :crazy::hitwall:? Please show me where the Chinese have termed the 075 as a aircraft carrier (航母)?

Even the video you posted classifies the 075 as an amphibious assault ship/LHD lol.
Screen Shot 2020-08-09 at 7.45.49 PM.png

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom