What's new

China way ahead on border infrastructure

china represents how a feudal third world country can rise to become a major power and challenge the power of the western 'whites'...i dont think such a promising country should hold grudges with another rising asian country....prior to my joining this forum...i had thought of the chinese being appreciative of my country....many people in my country...see the chinese rise as a promise...i hope we dont have to brace for a war from up north...

well, because of holdback of huge moutains, it is almost impossible for PLA to march deeply into India's territory from Tibet.

CHina can not solve the problem of logistic ,that is why China retreated in 1962,although PLA completely crushed India's army in weeks. In fact, week's attack of PLA in 1962 wore up PLA's one-year stock of supplies in Tibet. PLA can not stand long-tern war in 1962.

But now, because Tibet railway has been finished, power balance is much more favourable to China than it in 1962. PLA's now is in a much better postion in sino-India boundary.

Indo-china war in 1962 was an absolutely unnecessary and unproductive one. I have only one guy to blame for it "Jawaharlal Nehru" . He had rejected all peace negotiations offered by the chinese and asked the indian army to advance and capture. What a cheap act. Two great civilizations went on war and we still have an unsolved Arunachal.He had a chance to solve it then and there. The worst part I hated was when chinese army almost marched into borders of assam, he refused to send in troops. Said "Assam is in the hands of the almighty". What a miserable guy. No wonder he still is greated with garland of shoes in Assam. PLA army had reatreted without causing casualities, I think they understood the value of human life more than this junk PM of ours.

Hope border roads will improve and we are able to travel and trade with china.
Hope govt opens the historic roads like the "Ledo Road". Hope we will also have a Transasian railway (china-india-myanmar-thailand) someday.

Hope we don't produce an idiot like Nehru again.

Indo-china war in 1962 was an absolutely unnecessary and unproductive one. I have only one guy to blame for it "Jawaharlal Nehru" . He had rejected all peace negotiations offered by the chinese and asked the indian army to advance and capture. What a cheap act. Two great civilizations went on war and we still have an unsolved Arunachal.He had a chance to solve it then and there. The worst part I hated was when chinese army almost marched into borders of assam, he refused to send in troops. Said "Assam is in the hands of the almighty". What a miserable guy. No wonder he still is greated with garland of shoes in Assam. PLA army had reatreted without causing casualities, I think they understood the value of human life more than this junk PM of ours.

Hope govt opens the historic roads like the "Ledo Road". Hope we will also have a Transasian railway (china-india-myanmar-thailand) someday.

I suppose it is British leave this problem to us,but we should have handled this problem much more intelligently.it's a pity we had fight such a war.I don't know why Nehru take a risk,he directed the very first war between two great nations which never have one conflict for past 5000 years.5000 years of peace.

Interesting views, I would think majority of Indians believed in the '62 war, the Chinese were the aggressors and India was the victim.

Hi, you are the only indian who acknowledges Nehru's "refusal to peace negotiations" and his "forward policy" should be mainly responsible to sino-india war in 1962,since I surfed on Internet.

As a chinese old saying," the guy who can acknowledge its shortcoming is the bravest guy". So ,you are a brave India.

Hi, you are the only indian who acknowledges Nehru's "refusal to peace negotiations" and his "forward policy" should be mainly responsible to sino-india war in 1962,since I surfed on Internet.

As a chinese old saying," the guy who can acknowledge its shortcoming is the bravest guy". So ,you are a brave India.
It's not surprised,Indians has the mind of their own to judge right or wrong.refer to Chinese don't all agree with mao and criticize him on several issues.though we admire him from heart.

It's not surprised,Indians has the mind of their own to judge right or wrong.refer to Chinese don't all agree with mao and criticize him on several issues.though we admire him from heart.

agree.

However, I find that most western people and lots of Indian people are full of mentality of " democracy-good,communism-evil".

it is so strange that they are still so addicted to such meanless game of Ideology in 21th century.

the game of "communism vs capitalism" is as useless and meanless as the game of "Allah vs Jesus"

Interesting views, I would think majority of Indians believed in the '62 war, the Chinese were the aggressors and India was the victim.

Believe me mate. It was Nehru who ordered the forces to advance . China was not interested and would not attack anyone. If chinese were the agressors , they would not retreat on their own rather will keep hold of what they have won. Chinese are not invaders. They have suffered long invasion from foreign forces like India did.

it was a conflicting interest of Zhou Enlai and Nehru. Zhou Enlai didn't agree on Aksai chin and Nehru didn't agree on North east india.

However Nehru got enough chances (more than 3 times) to make some compromises that would be a compromise of both end PRC and india and settle the border issues. Nehru quite bluntly rejected Zhou's offer all the time.
He was a real crazy man to have misguided us to war.

No respect for Nehru at all. never.

Believe me mate. It was Nehru who ordered the forces to advance . China was not interested and would not attack anyone. If chinese were the agressors , they would not retreat on their own rather will keep hold of what they have won. Chinese are not invaders. They have suffered long invasion from foreign forces like India did.

it was a conflicting interest of Zhou Enlai and Nehru. Zhou Enlai didn't agree on Aksai chin and Nehru didn't agree on North east india.

However Nehru got enough chances (more than 3 times) to make some compromises that would be a compromise of both end PRC and india and settle the border issues. Nehru quite bluntly rejected Zhou's offer all the time.
He was a real crazy man to have misguided us to war.

No respect for Nehru at all. never.
In fact, if Nehru had agreed peaceful negotiation before 1962,CHina would have accepted M-Line and acknowledge the Line of actual controll as the formal border.

At that time, China was ready to give up its Claim of the area to the south of M-Line(India's AP state now),in order to let India give up its claim of Aksai Chin.

But now, the power balance in fact is much more favorable to CHina,so I think that CHina in fact has wanted to take back Dawan at least.

China wants no war with India, or anyone for that matter. Even Taiwan, as long as they do not provoke us by declaring independence and changing the status quo.

Whatever disputes we have, it will take some tough and intense diplomatic exchanges to solve them.

china represents how a feudal third world country can rise to become a major power and challenge the power of the western 'whites'...i dont think such a promising country should hold grudges with another rising asian country....prior to my joining this forum...i had thought of the chinese being appreciative of my country....many people in my country...see the chinese rise as a promise...i hope we dont have to brace for a war from up north...

sold your aircraft carriers, destroy all your missiles, stop threatening our only ally. you have good chance to see peace, but you need to show your intention.

again, as already said, we will never tolerate a trouble maker in our south-west doorstep.

China wants no war with India, or anyone for that matter. Even Taiwan, as long as they do not provoke us by declaring independence and changing the status quo.

Whatever disputes we have, it will take some tough and intense diplomatic exchanges to solve them.

that is just for short term. the diplomatic approach known as "hide our capacities and wait for our time" will expire sooner or later.

we of course want peace with ALL countries, the problem is not all our neighbors want peace. the regime of india is using arm race to fuel nationalism and threatening Pakistan. peace with india, sure, I want that, but that need to base on their proven intention to maintain such peace. so far, I see nothing from their end.

india must stop hosting the terrorist group known as Tibetan Youth Congress, or it will face serious consequence one day.
india must stop seeking nuclear weapons and its delivery systems, or it will face serious consequence one day.
india must stop threatening Pakistan, or it will face serious consequence one day.
india must withdraw all its troops from Kashmir, or it will face serious consequence one day.

victim? why you don't check the meaning of the word "forwarding policy" before you post some meaningless posts here?

I mean this is a military forum, if you want to post anything, please at least make sure you do have some very basic knowledge about the facts/history that you are talking about.

dude...when your economy is going so well...why the hell would you want a war to take you back decades?
This is the best time for developing world countries like china and india to make hay of the us slowdown and grow economically and cement their places at the top of the world order.I really dont appreciate the war mongering people on both sides...i guess there has to be some difference of opinion between the people of shanghai and the jihadis of FATA...
To become the great economic power china dreams to be....it would require years of peace with india...

because

1. we believe we can capture your capital without much real cost. I would estimate the total damage to our development as about 6-12 months time for a full scale war.

2. you are trying to invade our ONLY ALLY Pakistan, which is just NOT acceptable.

victim? why you don't check the meaning of the word "forwarding policy" before you post some meaningless posts here?

I have read about the Sino-Indian war and please do tell me which part of my post is meaningless? Obviously, you don't understand my post.

I mean this is a military forum, if you want to post anything, please at least make sure you do have some very basic knowledge about the facts/history that you are talking about.

Yes, this is a miltary forum...that is correct.

Yes, very basic knowledge is also important...that is correct.

But before all that, next time you shoot your mouth, atleast try to understand what is written.

If you have troubles, just ask for clarification, I'll be happy to provide.

Back
Top Bottom