What's new

China warns Philippines against shooting down drones

^^^ Perhaps you should elaborate how the Japanese are amused rather these one liners without substantiations.

Flying is a drone over disputed territory can be also considered as military provocation.

Flying a drone over one's own sovereignty territory is not!

It's a simple case of bullying. China will first send in a drone; then manned surveillance vehicles; then warplanes, then landed missions, then whatever... until the Philippines militarily retaliates.

This is how every military conflict occurs. One side tests the other, until the other side retaliates, giving the belligerent an excuse to escalate it into a war. China does not necessarily think the Philippines will retaliate, so it will wear the island nation's resistance out through bullying until the disputed islets are coughed up.

Only the bullied can see a bully. The bully never sees itself as one.

you learn this from USA

Chinese are provoking every other nation in the SCS and East sea to enforce its own rules ignoring UNCLOS.

Chinese are provoking every other nation in the SCS and East sea to enforce its own rules ignoring UNCLOS.

May I invit you to read a very interesting article written by Dr Sam BATEMAN, retired from the RAN as a Commodore and is now a Professorial Research Fellow at the Australian National Centre for Ocean Resources and Security (ANCORS) at the University of Wollongong in Australia.

http://www.rsis.edu.sg/publications/Perspective/RSIS1362011.pdf

This article is, in my opinion, restoring part of the truth in South China sea. I think everyone is provoking evryone in this region.

:coffee:

May I invit you to read a very interesting article written by Dr Sam BATEMAN, retired from the RAN as a Commodore and is now a Professorial Research Fellow at the Australian National Centre for Ocean Resources and Security (ANCORS) at the University of Wollongong in Australia.

http://www.rsis.edu.sg/publications/Perspective/RSIS1362011.pdf

This article is, in my opinion, restoring part of the truth in South China sea. I think everyone is provoking evryone in this region.

This article is advocating bilateral resolution which is the stand of Chinese, I don't think countries like Philippines and other countries will stand a chance against China is Bilateral dialogue.
UNCLOS and other International laws should be followed once you sign them.

This article is advocating bilateral resolution which is the stand of Chinese, I don't think countries like Philippines and other countries will stand a chance against China is Bilateral dialogue.
UNCLOS and other International laws should be followed once you sign them.

For sure.

But, laws could only be applied once all parties agreed on the sovereignty of these or these islands, we are not able to apply rules or laws without a commonly agreed baseline.

My only point is, as I'm not that good in geopolitic discussion, that China might not be the only "bad guy" who is always provoking neighbor countries even if that's why we saw the most in the foreign media, I believe that this kind of provocation exists also very frequently from the other sides toward China.

I just tried to see the another side of the same coin...

BR,

I think it needs to be point out that in international diplomacy, if you threaten to shot down other country military asset, that country would guarantee to response.

Just because you are the weaker side, doesn't mean you can act in such manner. I have seen this happened many times already. Country speaking offhandedly like it is some kind of kid games. I think part of the reason is because the western media let them get away with it. If this keep going on, I would not be surprise if they someday find that their interest is hurt because of the thing they said.

Flying a drone over one's own sovereignty territory is not!

There is a minor problem here. Scarborough Shoal is NOT Chinese sovereignty territory. Its over 100s of Kms from the Chinese mainland and close to Philippines.

There is a minor problem here. Scarborough Shoal is NOT Chinese sovereignty territory. Its over 100s of Kms from the Chinese mainland and close to Philippines.

Wang Yan Dao is Chinese Territory. Go back to threads that have lengthy arguments over our claim
plz!

Last time I looked Andaman and Nicobar Islands was pretty close to Myanmar. Has that changed much since the Brits left the neighborhood?

Back
Top Bottom