What's new

China wants 'BRICS plus' to include 'friendly' countries, plan might hurt India's interests

BRICS is for fast developing economy.. We'll think about it when Pakistan reaches a trillion dollar economy.... at the current status. Pakistan will be a liability to BRICS
Dude both Brazil and Russia are in recession right now. And South Africa's economy size is comparable to Pakistan's in nominal terms and much smaller to ours in PPP. And we are growing at much faster pace than either of these 3 economies.

Ok , Keep smoking what are you smoking :D

Why? Because of Pakistan's stunning economic performance?

Dude both Brazil and Russia are in recession right now. And South Africa's economy size is comparable to Pakistan's in nominal terms and much smaller to ours in PPP. And we are growing at much faster pace than either of these 3 economies.

Are any of these countries living from one IMF handout to another? Are any of them raising money for debt servicing by selling bonds at some of the highest interest rates in the world?

Pay transit fee and stop funding terrorism inside Pakistani borders..and stop blowing up our trains as well!

No one is asking for free anything! Of course transit fee will be paid, that's your incentive and right.

As for the rest of the post, maybe you need to curb the extremist monster inside Pakistan instead of being paranoid of the external boogeyman. After all you do trade with Afghanistan and from all the accusations, it seems terrorism is a bigger threat from your western border than the east. Clearly that doesn't stop you from trade with Afg.

By: PTI | New Delhi | Published:March 9, 2017 9:41 pm
vikas-swarup-gopal-baglay.jpg

“We await details of the Chinese suggestion.” said , External Affairs Ministry Spokesperson Gopal Baglay.

A day after China, the current chair of the BRICS, indicated “widening” of the five-nation grouping during its summit later this year, India on Thursday said it awaits details of the Chinese suggestion. Maintaining that BRICS (Brazil-Russia-India-China) is an important platform, External Affairs Ministry Spokesperson Gopal Baglay said, “We await details of the Chinese suggestion.”

He was replying to a query on Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi’s comments in Beijing yesterday that the grouping will build a platform for “south-south” cooperation, exploring a ‘BRICS-plus’ model by holding talks with other developing countries to establish a more extensive partnership.

“We will widen the circle of friends and turn BRICS into the most-influential platform for south-south cooperation in the world,” Wang had said.

Baglay also noted that every BRICS Chair in its turn has arranged outreach alongside BRICS events and brought a flavor of its geography to the participants. India had chaired the BRICS summit last year in Goa and also held BIMSTEC meet as part of its outreach event.

This year’s summit is scheduled to be held in September in the southeastern Xiamen city of China. Asked about China’s warning to India against visit of Tibetan spiritual leader Dalai Lama to Arunachal Pradesh, the spokesperson said India’s position on the issue is consistent.

“He is a revered religious figure who is treated as such by the government and the people of India. The government has no say in his travels within India and no political meaning should be attached to them as such,” Baglay said.

During a briefing in Beijing last week, Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Geng Shuang had warned India against allowing the visit, saying it would cause “serious damage” to the bilateral ties and peace in the “disputed” border region.

“China is gravely concerned over information that India has granted permission to the Dalai to visit Arunachal Pradesh,” Geng had said.

Are any of these countries living from one IMF handout to another? Are any of them raising money for debt servicing by selling bonds at some of the highest interest rates in the world?

Again a boilerplate response based on an image of Pakistan created by your media. If debt servicing is the basis you decide whether a country should be part of such an organization then consider this.

Brazil spends 44 percent of their budget on debt-servicing, Pakistan spends less than 24 percent. BTW India is spending 25 percent of its budget on debt-servicing.

Our debt to GDP ratio is 64 percent, much lower than yours and Brazil's (both on 69 percent).

So if that is the criteria, why should India and Brazil be part of this organization.

So you want us to be reactive, not proactive?! Is that the advice?
No wonder Pakistan is where it is in bottom tier of economies and power spectrum.
I suggest your country keep hiding under the Chinese kimono (or whatever Chinese attire is), because with this attitude, there isn't much hope for Pakistan.

Thanks for the unsolicited advice and comments, but we are doing quite well with our current M.O.
I only answer one thing, China has no kimono. Only the hanfu. About 3000 years of history.

i am really afraid if Pakistan join BRICS. then there will be surely Indian influence in Pakistan automatically due to BRICS policies, The trade,development and economic policies of BRICS. Pakistan will be helpless to obey the rules of BRICS. if there will be Indian influence in Pakistan too this means ECO (scientific bureau is situated in Pakistan) members of Pakistan will automatically face Indian influence because of BRICS. including Iran, Turkey and Central Asian Countries.

Correct me about Indian influence in the Region if i am wrong? and if i am right then china should not include pakistan in BRICS.

For the objectives of BRICS to succeed, it needs more countries and larger countries to participate...Otherwise it will remain very limited and niche or exclusive club that will not grow and ultimately implode so not only friendly countries like Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Nepal and Mexico be include some other countries like Bhutan, Bangladesh, etc should also be considered.

i am really afraid if Pakistan join BRICS. then there will be surely Indian influence in Pakistan automatically due to BRICS policies, The trade,development and economic policies of BRICS. Pakistan will be helpless to obey the rules of BRICS. if there will be Indian influence in Pakistan too this means ECO (scientific bureau is situated in Pakistan) members of Pakistan will automatically face Indian influence because of BRICS. including Iran, Turkey and Central Asian Countries.

Correct me about Indian influence in the Region if i am wrong? and if i am right then china should not include pakistan in BRICS.
Sorry bro you post did not make any sense to me...may be someone else with special powers can get what you are trying to say.

Sorry bro you post did not make any sense to me...may be someone else with special powers can get what you are trying to say.
bro right now india dont have any platform to use the indian influence in pakistan, and as you know very well india is the master to poke the nose on any matter especially for Pakistan but right now no one care what india is saying. but if pakistan join BRICS, india will have platform and will have solid reason to poke his nose in any project by china in Pakistan. India can pressurize both Pakistan and china and can invest in any project inside Pakistan with the Chinese collaboration because of BRICS., this mean Indian influence in Pakistan to me.

bro right now india dont have any platform to use the indian influence in pakistan, and as you know very well india is the master to poke the nose on any matter especially for Pakistan but right now no one care what india is saying. but if pakistan join BRICS, india will have platform and will have solid reason to poke his nose in any project by china in Pakistan. India can pressurize both Pakistan and china and can invest in any project inside Pakistan with the Chinese collaboration because of BRICS., this mean Indian influence in Pakistan to me.
was it not so that last BRICS summit was used by moohdhi ji and his right hand ajit doogal to malign Pakistan but Russia and China countered it?

Back
Top Bottom