What's new

China-US Geopolitics: News & Discussions

Small countries like Malaysia, our media is repeating propaganda from the west. That is the problem.
In fact such thing happens in many developing countries! I believe the Deep State and its vast organs are using abundant & easy MONEY created out of thin air (just "print" the WRC) to buy those decision makers incl. editors, reporters, writers, journalists etc, either through explicit regular monthly payments (i.e. bribes) and/or through various more disguised methods such as paid seminars, short-courses, summer-classes and so on in the Washington or other venues.

I once read this kind of practices are also applied in those NATO countries to buy out the media there.... they even bought or invested in some largest media in Europe such as Bild, the largest newspaper in Germany, CIA or its shell companies threw in big money to invest in Bild publication many years ago. Or in Greece, they paid out the reporters to attend some classes in USA to write favorable opinions. Just search deeply the internet for further reading!

I have no doubt at all reading above article posted by @TaiShang ... it is simply a renewed, an intensified efforts to storm China and Chinese language audience/readers with propaganda news and other Fake News!

Believe me, these propaganda efforts are still deadly effective to brainwash the low information takers, the overwhelming majority of public are still pretty dumb, as stupid as sheep and they will just swallow all the lies, twists, spins, propaganda, disinformation, misinformation!!! And sadly the targeted mass do not learn or read enough to equip themselves with the defense capability and knowledge to detect and identify the massive and sophisticated mega trumpets of huge armies of lies and Fake News!!!

Mind you, folks like us here are just the very small minority!!! Most people just have no time to read, and when they read they just read the pieces of mainstream news fed to them!!

NEVER EVER UNDERESTIMATE THEIR POWER & CAPABILITY TO INFLUENCE AND INFILTRATE AND DO SERIOUS DAMAGES TO THE TARGETED SOCIETY!!!

Broadcasting_Board_of_Governors_BBG.png

Last edited:
@samsara It is true. See CIA by Carl Bernstein. Here's a more recent admission.

BU5lOo9.jpg

Dr.Udo Ulfkotte: World Class Journalist Spills the Beans, Admits Mainstream Media is Completely Fake | Global Research - Centre for Research on Globalization
http://www.globalresearch.ca/world-...s-mainstream-media-is-completely-fake/5516749
Thank you for doing me a favor providing the additional link... I just feel rather lazy to feed additional links as I hinted above :-) yeah, years of reading... at beginning from those Fake News manufacturers... sound unbelievable how at one time I mainly sourced my info, news, knowledge from the Time Magazine, Asiaweek, Wall Street Journal, Forbes, Fortune, Bloomberg, CNN, BBC, Deutsch Welle International, NYT, WaPo and many others... religiously, faithfully... no questioned asked, just swallowed all the propaganda news... basically just after the Great Financial Crisis in 2008 I got awaken and abandoned all the craps and read at those alternative media, but this time much better equip my self to detect and identify false & malign substances... and never stop comparing the news with the REALITIES, FACTS :bounce::lock:

This is only for their domesitc comsuptions, in South China sea, well within the range of China's AShBMs, such action is of little military signficance.

If the US were really try to fight a war with China, they will take back their ships and use submarines and long range bombers instead.

Lol! It's more for your domestic consumption!

We've been driving through the South China Sea for 70 years without much huff until you guys started island building. Now everytime we drive through you announce you gave us a big warning and "chased" us away. Meanwhile our ships just drive the same routes as always while you guys get all excited over nothing.

Lol! It's more for your domestic consumption!

We've been driving through the South China Sea for 70 years without much huff until you guys started island building. Now everytime we drive through you announce you gave us a big warning and "chased" us away. Meanwhile our ships just drive the same routes as always while you guys get all excited over nothing.
United States all alone again.

Just the same old stuff that has been going on for 70 years. We drive through the South China Sea and they "warn" us. Nothing has changed. Move along..this is just the same old stuff as last year and the year before that and the years before that. They've been "warning" Taiwan too every year for about the same amount of time.
:sleep:
LOL.. You told us to stop building any more on spratly island and say USN will stop China from militarise the islet. Then what has been done to those claim, cowboy? :enjoy:

Spratly island is still militarise by China and construction still going on. You lack of balls?
I challenge you cowboy american to do something to backup your words instead of just sail pass it. :rofl:

LOL.. You told us to stop building any more on spratly island and say USN will stop China from militarise the islet. Then what has been done to those claim, cowboy? :enjoy:

We only said stop building because other countries around there have a claim...it's not like we have a claim. Since that land isn't recognized internationally as belonging to anybody we just drive our ships by like we have for the last 70 years.

We only said stop building because other countries around there have a claim...it's not like we have a claim. Since that land isn't recognized internationally as belonging to anybody we just drive our ships by like we have for the last 70 years.
So cowboy now start to twist words? Maybe you lack of balls to take action that is why you start twisted words to back off? :rofl: Your gung ho navy chief brag about taking military action against China if we militarise the islet and China exactly do that by placing HQ-9 SAM and put Chinese flanker there.

Until now I haven see any so called military action by your cowboy. As I say , no balls to do it,right? :rofl:

Like Philippine president insulted all American by naming your president as son of whore and you Cowboy lack of balls to protect your honor? May again just a big mouth? American are becoming laughing stock. :enjoy:

So cowboy now start to twist words? Maybe you lack of balls to take action that is why you start twisted words to back off? :rofl: Your gung ho navy chief brag about taking military action against China if we militarise the islet and China exactly do that by placing HQ-9 SAM and put Chinese flanker there.

Until now I haven see any so called military action by your cowboy. As I say , no balls to do it,right? :rofl:

Like Philippine president insulted all American by naming your president as son of whore and you Cowboy lack of balls to protect your honor? May again just a big mouth? American are becoming laughing stock. :enjoy:

12065546_618431341629361_5917987150881808928_n_zpsiv6u63yk.jpg

No need to get yourself all excited....I know that nationalism thing gets you guys all worked up!! We are just passing through...just like we have always been doing for the last 70 years. You may now return to your regularly scheduled squabbling amongst yourselves.

No need to get yourself all excited....I know that nationalism thing gets you guys all worked up!! We are just passing through...just like we have always been doing for the last 70 years. You may now return to your regularly scheduled squabbling amongst yourselves.
It's a bit ridiculous to pretend the US has no interest in what's happening in the SCS. Beyond whatever strategic considerations there are, it's obviously indicative of the power balance in the region and the region as a whole does notice who gets the upper hand.

In fact such thing happens in many developing countries! I believe the Deep State and its vast organs are using abundant & easy MONEY created out of thin air (just "print" the WRC) to buy those decision makers incl. editors, reporters, writers, journalists etc, either through explicit regular monthly payments (i.e. bribes) and/or through various more disguised methods such as paid seminars, short-courses, summer-classes and so on in the Washington or other venues.

I once read this kind of practices are also applied in those NATO countries to buy out the media there.... they even bought or invested in some largest media in Europe such as Bild, the largest newspaper in Germany, CIA or its shell companies threw in big money to invest in Bild publication many years ago. Or in Greece, they paid out the reporters to attend some classes in USA to write favorable opinions. Just search deeply the internet for further reading!

I have no doubt at all reading above article posted by @TaiShang ... it is simply a renewed, an intensified efforts to storm China and Chinese language audience/readers with propaganda news and other Fake News!

Believe me, these propaganda efforts are still deadly effective to brainwash the low information takers, the overwhelming majority of public are still pretty dumb, as stupid as sheep and they will just swallow all the lies, twists, spins, propaganda, disinformation, misinformation!!! And sadly the targeted mass do not learn or read enough to equip themselves with the defense capability and knowledge to detect and identify the massive and sophisticated mega trumpets of huge armies of lies and Fake News!!!

Mind you, folks like us here are just the very small minority!!! Most people just have no time to read, and when they read they just read the pieces of mainstream news fed to them!!

NEVER EVER UNDERESTIMATE THEIR POWER & CAPABILITY TO INFLUENCE AND INFILTRATE AND DO SERIOUS DAMAGES TO THE TARGETED SOCIETY!!!

There are lots to learn from Russia. The are utilizing media amazingly well.

1049574902.jpg

Simonyan Mocks Podesta's Claims Sputnik, RT are 'Favored Sources' in White House

© Sputnik/

09:42 25.05.2017
The Russians Did It

Sputnik and RT editor-in-chief Margarita Simonyan said that Hillary Clinton's former campaign chief John Podesta's claims that the media have become "favored go-to sources" in the White House press room, "made her day."

1053950086.jpg

© AFP 2017/ MANDEL NGAN

Former Clinton Campaign Chair Podesta Calls Sputnik, RT 'Favored Go-To Sources in White House Press Room'

MOSCOW (Sputnik) — Sputnik news agency and RT broadcaster editor-in-chief Margarita Simonyan said that Hillary Clinton's former campaign chief John Podesta's claims that the media have become "favored go-to sources" in the White House press room, "made her day."

"RT and Sputnik are White House's favorite media. These are some news. Made my day, as they say," Simonyan told RT.

On Tuesday, Podesta said that the Sputnik news agency and RT broadcaster have become "favored go-to sources" in the White House press room following the election of Donald Trump as the US president.

"We know the Russians are engaged and active, both in the over sense through the use of RT, the Russian Kremlin-sponsored television station, through Sputnik and other information sources, which now seem to be the favored go-to sources in the White House press room," Podesta told The Washington Post in an interview answering the question on Russia's alleged meddling in the US presidential election.

He added though that these media "ask tough questions these days."

Podesta also blamed Moscow for disturbing the democratic process all over Europe, including Norway, Germany and France.

The European governments have repeatedly accused Russia of interfering in their political process.

1014617514.jpg

© SPUTNIK/

RT Editor-in-Chief Comments on CIA Claim Russia Meddling in US Election 'Established Fact'

During the French presidential campaign then contender Emmanuel Macron’s lead campaigner Richard Ferrand has accused RT of spreading fake news to allegedly influence democratic life in France. RT’s press office flatly denied the claim, while Simonyan said she was flattered by how the centrist’s campaign was built exclusively on lies about the news channel.

On May 16, CIA spokeswoman Heather Fritz Horniak said the involvement of Russian intelligence services in hacking related to the US elections was an "established fact."

Russian officials repeatedly denied allegations of meddling in the elections, calling them absurd. Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov has said the Russian government had no official contacts with the Trump campaign during the election. As for the statements that Russia allegedly interfered in the French presidential campaign, Peskov said they did not do credit to their authors.

HINT: Just wanna say that the attached pictured text above is a good piece to share among certain circles through the handy chat medium, but one just needs to pay attention to its readability due to some automatic image compression by such medium.

Suggestion, to overcome such compression just split the image into two parts as necessary, doing so may retain its higher resolution and keep it readable upon circulation as images :D

Even more confusing was the Triple A credit rating given to US investment banks engaged in the developing and trading of risky derivatives such as collateral debt obligations (CDOs) in the years prior to the 2008 financial crisis. CDOs were made up of a basket of debts such as car loans and mortgages selling to investors. The Triple A rating implied CDOs were not only safe but yielded high returns. This “false advertisement” misled investors into believing CDOs were a good investment, culminating in a surge in both demand and supply. The rest as they say “is history.” To that end, it could be argued that the US rating agencies’ misleading rating might be the root cause of the financial crisis.

Country Government Debt/GDP Ratio (2016)

China 66%

Canada 87

France 90

Germany 82

Italy 127

Japan 238

UK 85

US 107

On total debt/GDP ratio, the IMF put China’s at 250 of which over 150% is owed by non-financial corporations (mostly state-owned enterprises). This figure also compared favorably with those of the US and Japan, respectively estimated at 331% and 517%.

On external debt, the total amount of government and private debts owed to non-residents, China is also the lowest compared to the G7. According to IMF statistics, the amount of external or foreign debt in trillions of US dollars owed in 2016 was: US = 18.2, UK = 7.5, France =5.1, Germany = 5, Japan = 3.6, Italy = 2.3, and China =1.4.

China’s first-quarter growth rate was 6.9% in 2017 and most reputable organizations and analysts predicted 6.7% growth for the year. In addition, the government has put in place measures to cull and control the “soaring” debt. Last but not least, its Belt and Road Initiative (BRI) ended successfully with 130 participating nations and seven international organizations. There is no reason to believe that the Chinese economy will be encountering any headwinds anytime soon.

Even the corporate debt of over 150% of GDP (which includes the amount guaranteed by local governments for private-public partnership (PPP) development projects) is not a valid reason for the credit rating downgrade. To that end, the governments are really lending to itself since they own the banks and a partner in PPP projects. In the event of default payments, the assets would be taken over by the local governments or the loans rolled over.

Even more confusing was the Triple A credit rating given to US investment banks engaged in the developing and trading of risky derivatives such as collateral debt obligations (CDOs) in the years prior to the 2008 financial crisis. CDOs were made up of a basket of debts such as car loans and mortgages selling to investors. The Triple A rating implied CDOs were not only safe but yielded high returns. This “false advertisement” misled investors into believing CDOs were a good investment, culminating in a surge in both demand and supply. The rest as they say “is history.” To that end, it could be argued that the US rating agencies’ misleading rating might be the root cause of the financial crisis.
Simple reason , dollar is the currency of trade. Some one will pay for it, all that they to do is print money or issue bonds.
Bottom line its their game ur playing , so they make whatever rules they want.

I guess moody is going to further downgrade China's rating

Back
Top Bottom