What's new

China Unveils "Snowy Owl" Jet! (Images)

Pak47

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
j-152-164612_copy1.jpg

snow1-173534_copy1.jpg

According to an image revealed by China's state-run TV station, the country is developing a fourth generation fighter. Nicknamed Snowy Owl by Chinese military enthusiasts, the appearance of the jet fighter is similar to the F-35 made by the United States defense contractor Lockheed Martin.

The J-20 stealth fighter is not the last Chinese technological development which will astonish the United States, one Chinese netizen said in an online message; Snowy Owl is just another example.

China is secretly developing a triplane-canard-configurated fighter that has a totally different architecture to that of the J-20, CCTV was quoted by Hong Kong-based Sing Tao Daily as reporting. Some Chinese online military experts believe that the fighter is very likly to be the Snowy Owl, currently being developed by the AVIC Shenyang Aircraft Corporation (SIC).

Online information regarding the SIC says that it is manufacturing a new type of aircraft whose design uses triplane canard configuration, Chinese netizens reported.

The aircraft has a fixed vertical wing, and the engine has rhomboidal nozzles, according to the CCTV report, adding that the design renders the aircraft lighter than most of the fourth generation fighters.

'Snowy Owl' Jet Project: China's Latest J-20 Surprise

Thats an F-35 and this has already been posted before the Snowy Owl has not even been seen in public, Stop quoting random Articles.

I will do what i please.. Who are you to tell me what i can and can not do?

Interesting.. is this what PAF is getting?

No, this version is by SIC, What Pak will require is what comes out of CAC.

At the moment these are just rumours, and the name ‘Snowy Owl’ has been used for the supposed J-18, speculations about the status of the J-18 Snowy Owl have been around and recent news piece by CCT . Some have even suggested that it's China's Vertical/short takeoff and vertical landing fighter, and that it may have even achieved first flight.

Please note that CCTV itself didnot make a claim in this regard, rather they are saying that some online military experts are making this assumption. (doesnt sound very convincing)

Does china really need another project when J-20 development is ongoing? one can only make assumptions. in any case if a J-18 is being considered with VTOL then it would only be on drawing board in my opinion.

I think J-20 is a bigger and grander project and as soon as China successfully tested J-20 in its maiden flight they did not hesitate in letting the world know.

I think if J-18 is being developed then it cannot be a grander project than J-20 and if 1st flight has been achieved then China would let the world know straight away.

Images have appeared.

Then post them, China has come a long way in a short time and can be justifiably proud of their achievments.

Posting images that are either incorrect or photoshopped discredits the website the poster and the real achievments China has made.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom