What's new

China unveils homemade AC313 large civilian helicopter

JK!

PROFESSIONAL
Reaction score
China's first domestically developed civilian helicopter has completed a successful maiden flight in Jingdezhen, in the eastern province of Jiangxi.

The heavy-lift AC313 helicopter, built by the state-owned Aviation Industry Corporation of China (Avic), can carry 27 passengers or up to 13.8 tonnes.

It is designed to be used for rescue missions in earthquakes, typhoons and other natural disasters.

It is the latest advance for the country's ambitious aerospace industry.

At last month's Singapore Air Show, Beijing unveiled the Comac C919 aircraft - China's answer to the Boeing 737 and Airbus A320, which should be available commercially by 2016.

The AC313 has a maximum range of 900km (560 miles), the state-run China Daily reported on its website.

Its test flight - broadcast live on China Central Television on Thursday - was hailed as a "breakthrough in domestic aviation technology", it added.

Source: BBC News - China unveils homemade AC313 large civilian helicopter

I know that this is a civilian model however, given Pakistans lack of a heavy lift helicopter I would like the memebers of this forum to consider the possibilities of a "militarised" version of this helo.

No doubt a bird like this would have been highly useful during the 2005 earthquake in Pakistan when heavy reliance was placed upon foreign forces sending in helicopters most notably the US which sent CH47 Chinooks from Ops in Afghanistan.

AC313 can become our next helo as chinooks are too expensive and MI's are too old,

ATAK may join as Attack helo ..china and turkey both happy and Our needs will be Fulfilled too,

Although its able to carry more cargo than a Chinook the passenger capability is significantly less (AC313 carries 27 and Chinook 33 to 55).

Is that because this is a civilian model as opposed to a military one?

Although its able to carry more cargo than a Chinook the passenger capability is significantly less (AC313 carries 27 and Chinook 33 to 55).

Is that because this is a civilian model as opposed to a military one?

Nevertheless, this can be our next helicopter. It has the potential since it from:china:

is there any picture available ?

if it is single or double blades ?

It looks very similar to the Zhi 8/SA 321 Super Frelon.

I'm guessing that this may have been a starting point for the Chinese designers.

At present there isn't a military version.

The purpose of ths thread is to consider this as a starting point for as a potential military helicopter given that it is designed for heavy lift.

bdadcbf7dda7530b52651fbe3a08666d.jpg

I love chinese they work hard less corrupted more discplined high nationalism whats more they are competitve we guys have to learn more from u :china:

I love chinese they work hard less corrupted more discplined high nationalism whats more they are competitve we guys have to learn more from u :china:

Buddy! Use Commas (,). I totally misunderstood it at first read

Back
Top Bottom