What's new

China-UK (Britain) Geopolitics and Economics: News & Discussions

Lool This guy next door indeed. Lol

i know you are a technology superpower which no European power can compare with. Did i say otherwise? What are you still going in about? :)
We are a global power, not just a regional power.
We dominate South Asia and have great influence in all other regions like East Asia.
Japanese leaders have to beg in Delhi.

We are a global power, not just a regional power.
We dominate South Asia and have great influence in all other regions like East Asia.
Japanese leaders have to beg in Delhi.

Your Super COmputers are one fourth the speed of ours. Shows the quality of research and 'technological prowess' you have.

How much influence you have in south asia is shown by the fact that Indian PM called Britain a THIRD RATE power when the queen was here the last time and you didn't have the balls to counter it

Rediff On The NeT: Britain is third-rate power says PM

http://www.economist.com/node/102956

You know Indian Foreign Service has virtually taken over the Commonwealth Office? Check who's running the show there now. Your country's a f**ing joke.

Your Super COmputers are one fourth the speed of ours. Shows the quality of research and 'technological prowess' you have.

How much influence you have in south asia is shown by the fact that Indian PM called Britain a THIRD RATE power when the queen was here the last time and you didn't have the balls to counter it

Rediff On The NeT: Britain is third-rate power says PM

http://www.economist.com/node/102956

You know Indian Foreign Service has virtually taken over the Commonwealth Office? Check who's running the show there now. Your country's a f**ing joke.

LOOL. True India is the leading power in commonwealth.:)

We made sure that the Indian Foreign Service has taken over the commonwealth office. 'nuff said.....
Are you kidding me.8-)
U.K , Canada and Australia still control the toothless commonwealth organisation.

Are you kidding me.8-)
U.K , Canada and Australia still control the toothless commonwealth organisation.

Naa, we got irritated with their constant bumbling and idiotic toothlesness. So we organized a takeover of the place with the IFS, put some iron into it and make it useful for our strategic policies. US, Canada and Australia together won't match our economy in the future so we need supporting institutions for our advantage. This is actually a refinement of what we did with International cricket. Once it became clear that financially India will dominate, we took over all the bodies to secure our interest. Same with commonwealth.

Naa, we got irritated with their constant bumbling and idiotic toothlesness. So we organized a takeover of the place with the IFS, put some iron into it and make it useful for our strategic policies. US, Canada and Australia together won't match our economy in the future so we need supporting institutions for our advantage. This is actually a refinement of what we did with International cricket. Once it became clear that financially India will dominate, we took over all the bodies to secure our interest. Same with commonwealth.
You meant U.K right ? o_O
As India is no where close to United States and never will be. And the only thing going against U.K is their size. And even with just 65 million population U.K has lot more say in global affairs than India. India is just a big country with a huge population as far as global affairs is concerned , nothing more.

Are you kidding me.8-)
LoL commonwealth has become a joke over the years. It is dominated by few nations while all the other had very little or no cooperation.

You meant U.K right ? o_O
As India is no where close to United States and never will be. And the only thing going against U.K is their size. And even with just 65 million population U.K has lot more say in global affairs than India. India is just a big country with a huge population as far as global affairs is concerned , nothing more.

Yeah UK, my bad.....:)

China and Britain issued a statement on Syria issue in Beijing Tuesday, agreeing to advance counter-terrorism and a political settlement in parallel.
001aa0ba3c1617f6bbdd0b.jpg

Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi (R) meets with British Foreign Secretary Philip Hammond in Beijing of China, Jan. 5, 2016. [Photo/Xinhua]

The statement was issued after the talks between Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi and his British counterpart Philip Hammond.

The two countries voted in favor of the recent UN Security Council Resolution 2254 on Syria, and reconfirmed their support for a national ceasefire as set out in the resolution, said the statement.

They will continue to engage actively in the International Syria Support Group (ISSG) and work with countries from around the region to ensure a Syrian-led and Syrian-owned political transition based on the 2012 Geneva Communique, according to the statement.

China and Britain stressed that the Syrian people will decide the future of Syria, with the UN playing the role as the main mediator.

They expressed deep concern over the continued suffering of the Syrian people and the deteriorating humanitarian situation following the conflict, which had already claimed hundreds of thousands of lives and displaced millions of people.

There are 13.5 million Syrians in need of humanitarian assistance, said the statement. The two countries will attend a London conference in February with other 60 countries to discuss offering immediate assistance to Syrian people, including responding to the UN's urgent request for further funding.

"Both our countries face threats from terrorism, and have a shared interest in defeating all terrorist groups in Syria and Iraq as designated by the UN Security Council," said the statement.

They stressed continued support for efforts to tackle terrorism and its root causes in the Middle East and North Africa regions and elsewhere, including the ongoing conflict in Syria, according to the statement.

"A political settlement is the only right way out of the Syrian crisis and is in the fundamental interests of the Syrian people. We will make unremitting effort to achieve this goal," Wang said at a joint press conference with Hammond.

The world does not lack the ability or resources for the use of force, but steadfast determination and action for a political solution, Wang said.

"The path leading to a political settlement may be difficult, but it is an effective tool to fundamentally resolve the problem," he said.

China will continue to play a constructive role in its own way, Wang added.

Philip Hammond: UK and China 'on same page' over North Korea's nuclear test

British Foreign Secretary Philip Hammond confirmed on 6 January that both the UK and China were on the 'same page' in condemning North Korea's nuclear test. He also said that sanctions against North Korea could be tightened.

"So I've discussed with my Chinese counterparts this morning, the emerging situation in North Korea, and I'm clear that we are on the same page on this. Both Britain and China condemn any attempt by North Korea to obtain nuclear weapons or to test nuclear weapons, and we're very satisfied with the way China is responding to this incident this morning," said Hammond.

1024x1024.jpg

Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi speaks during a joint press conference with British Foreign Secretary Philip Hammond at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Beijing, Tuesday, Jan. 5, 2016.

Hammond, who is in Beijing on a two-day trip, was speaking to reporters after meeting Chinese State Councillor Yang Jiechi.

"On the broader question of sanctions, look, there can always be more done to strengthen them and tighten the way sanctions are applied. But I do think they have an effect, and I would urge all of our partners to ensure that they are applied as constantly and effectively as possible," he added.

2FD53BF400000578-3388808-It_is_deeply_worrying_that_North_Korea_has_fission_based_nuclear-a-58_1452180340428.jpg

Worry: The international community is deeply worried the reclusive nation bay have tested a nuclear weapon (pictured, North Korean state TV announcing bomb test)

China's Foreign Ministry has said that China would "launch solemn representations" with North Korea over the test.

Philip Hammond: UK and China 'on same page' over North Korea's nuclear test

Attachments

• upload_2016-1-7_21-5-55.png
    upload_2016-1-7_21-5-55.png
    1.3 KB · Views: 26
  • upload_2016-1-7_21-5-55.png
    upload_2016-1-7_21-5-55.png
    226 bytes · Views: 22

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom