What's new

China top trade partner of Vietnam: Vietnamese official

Aepsilons

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Japan
HANOI, March 7 (Xinhua) -- A Vietnamese official described China as a top partner of Vietnam with two-way trade of over 66 billion U.S. dollars in 2015 during an event held in Vietnam's capital Hanoi on Monday.

Speaking at a business forum between Vietnamese and China's Guangxi business, Vice Chairman of the Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry (VCCI) said Vietnam exported more than 17 billion U.S. dollars worth of goods to China, mainly electronic spare parts, agricultural and seafood products, as well as coal among others in 2015, according to Vietnamese statistics.

Meanwhile, the country imported machinery and equipment from China, Vietnam's state-run news agency VNA cited Khuong as saying.

Currently, China is running over 1,300 projects in Vietnam with total capital of over 10 billion U.S. dollars, Khuong said, adding that the investment is forecast to surge in the near future.

Vice Chairwoman of Guangxi's Trade Promotion Association Zhou Ling said the close geographical distance facilitates bilateral transport activities and cooperation in the spirit of making the best use of their strengths and potential.

Vietnam is expected to serve as an entrepot for China and Guangxi in particular to boost trade with the ASEAN business community, she said.

During the forum, Chinese businesses expressed their wish to seek investment opportunities and partners in the fields of hotel, food processing, health equipment, and agriculture.

What's more, Chinese authorities counted 95.82 billion U.S. dollars Sino-Vietnam trade in 2015, instead of Vietnam's figure of over 66 billion U.S. dollars. Both sides conclude that China has been Vietnam's top trade partner for the past 12 years.

China top trade partner of Vietnam: Vietnamese official - Xinhua | English.news.cn

I hope our Vietnamese friends here don't bang their head on the wall. :hitwall:

Like i said and have been saying all along, politic is different from economy. The Vietnamese Government allows patriots to do their protesting, as a healthy way to release angst, but at the same time, encourages and cultivates greater Chinese investments and activities in Vietnam. At the end of the day, both Chinese and Vietnamese want one thing: success.

Success for both need not be inconclusive, rather, seem to be mutually inclusive. Vietnam is a patriotic country, much like China. Both can avail of pro-stabilization praxis by involving in greater economic partnerships, greater inter-governmental exchanges and collaboration , indoctrination. This can better dispel fears of in-transparency.

I suppose this development is testimony of East Asian Revivalism that @TaiShang and I have been talking about for years now, tho sometimes the road is bumpy , the general direction is rather...obvious. :)

495817412-chinese-president-xi-jinping-vietnam-gettyimages.jpg

Ganbei!

visiting-chinese-vice-president-xi-jinping-raises-a-toast-with-le-picture-id136040820

Take money and investments from China, welcome US presence and activities in the SCS to contain China. Very clever foreign policy I would say.

It seems to be working because China keep pouring investments into Vietnam according to @Nihonjin1051 . :enjoy:

Take money and investments from China, welcome US presence and activities in the SCS to contain China. Very clever foreign policy I would say.

It seems to be working because China keep pouring investments into Vietnam according to @Nihonjin1051 . :enjoy:

China is making money out you, then use the money to build artificial islands in SCS. Now everyone is happy! :enjoy:

China is making money out you, then use the money to build artificial islands in SCS. Now everyone is happy! :enjoy:

Both Vietnam and China are making money out of each other. Isn't that the very thesis of a power partnership?

Win-Win Scenario !

So Vietnam is the one that is losing out in this CN-VN relationship? meaning China is taking advantage of Vietnam? So basically what @Nihonjin1051 said in this thread is rubbish?

Oh dear, why did you try to deceive me nihonjin1051?

So Vietnam is the one that is losing out in this CN-VN relationship? meaning China is taking advantage of Vietnam?

There seems to be conflicting views between yours and @Nihonjin1051 .

There are always pros- cons of any relationship, my friend. It depends on what side of the coin you prefer to see. I say, look at both heads and tails.

;)

b1f16b160d9eac1b1425158c951f978b.jpg

So Vietnam is the one that is losing out in this CN-VN relationship? meaning China is taking advantage of Vietnam?

There seems to be conflicting views between yours and @Nihonjin1051 .

There is a win-win scenario, Vietnam gets the investment it needs , and China builds islands it wants. Good for the peace, prosperity, and stability of the region. Now we can work together to take care the SCS ourselves, to save some troubles for the Yankees. :enjoy:

There is a win-win scenario, Vietnam gets the investment it needs , and China builds islands it wants. Good for the peace, prosperity, and stability of the region. Now we can work together to take care the SCS ourselves, to save some troubles for the Yankees. :enjoy:

LOL, it seems that it is the Americans who are getting the back end of the carrot here.

They think they will use Viet Nam to contain China, and then, here all along Viet Nam was / is economically so beholden onto China....LOL!

*laughing as drinking coffee*

LOL, it seems that it is the Americans who are getting the back end of the carrot here.

They think they will use Viet Nam to contain China, and then, here all along Viet Nam was / is economically so beholden onto China....LOL!

*laughing as drinking coffee*

Now we only need to buy some more banana. :cheers:

Now we only need to buy some more banana. :cheers:

This is why i always laugh so hard whenever i see Vietnamese patriots talk about the China-VN war and animosity.
TPP this, TPP that, blah blah.

End of the day its a "$66 Billion" ($98 Billion) trade volume between China and Viet Nam.

By next year that "$66 Billion" ($98 Billion) will probably be --- "$70 Bllion" ($105 Billion). LOL!

Back
Top Bottom