What's new

China to past UK, France by 2020

Democracy has no effect on a country's military capabilities.

No, but it does have effect on politics, since the post I'm responding to is a strategy on CONQUERING countries, and not simply military capabilities, I must mention the political consequences that will happen on something of that magnetite.

For as capitalist, and free, as I think and a lot of Chinese think we are, we are still viewed as a totalitarian communist state, politically, that's not the political state you want to be in for a war of conquest.

No, but it does have effect on politics, since the post I'm responding to is a strategy on CONQUERING countries, and not simply military capabilities, I must mention the political consequences that will happen on something of that magnetite.

For as capitalist, and free, as I think and a lot of Chinese think we are, we are still viewed as a totalitarian communist state, politically, that's not the political state you want to be in for a war of conquest.

LOL, is that why the "totalitarian communist state" of the Soviet Union managed to smash the capitalist German state in WWII? Correlation does not always imply causation.

LOL, is that why the "totalitarian communist state" of the Soviet Union managed to smash the capitalist German state in WWII? Correlation does not always imply causation.

My post was not that it can't, but it can't last.

Soviets and the West split immediately after WW2, German was Nazi state, it was worse than Russia in changing the status quo.

The political situation has changed. If we simply push America out of Asia, we have the upper hand because we are in Asia and America is not. But what's our casus belli for invasive war? We got none. Europeans who won't partake would actively try to go to war with China.

Zhang Yi, the famous warring states diplomat's main idea was 2 step forward 1.5 step back. That was also Bismark's take on war, never going too far.

There's also the problem of nationalism, America in Afgan is the best example, we would get slaughtered in Guerrilla warfare.

I'm not saying we are a totalitarian communist state, but it will be made to seem that way. America can be made to look Nazi, it's not hard to make China Stalin.

Europeans who won't partake would actively try to go to war with China.

Trust me, no European country would fight with US against China.

Just the warheads from one Chinese submarine can obliterate an European state.

Trust me, no European country would fight with US against China.

Just the warheads from one Chinese submarine can obliterate an European state.

Sorry that was what Hitler was thinking back in WW2 about the US getting involved in Europe.. Look what happened. France and the UK have ICBM's too you know.

Last edited:
Sorry that was what Hitler was thinking back in WW2 about the US getting involved in Europe.. Look what happened. France and the UK have ICBM's too you know.

France and UK ICBMs (the few that get through the Chinese missile defences) will only destroy a small portion of the Chinese population.

Chinese retaliation will completely obliterate both countries into history. Death for both countries will be total and final.

France and UK ICBMs (the few that get through the Chinese missile defences) will only destroy a small portion of the Chinese population.

Chinese retaliation will completely obliterate both countries into history. Death for both countries will be total and final.

You do realize the difference between the blast radius of a present day nuclear weapon and a 1940's era atomic weapon are significantly different and larger..right?

Just a few hits would be devestating.

You do realize the difference between the blast radius of a present day nuclear weapon and a 1940's era atomic weapon are significantly different and larger..right?

Just a few hits would be devestating.

Dude, at most UK and France may be able to kill 10% of the Chinese population.

China can wipe out the UK and France from history permanently.

Dude, at most UK and France may be able to kill 10% of the Chinese population.

China can wipe out the UK and France from history permanently.

Why would you claim the European nuclear weapon can only damage 10% of China? What did you base your assessment from?

Together, UK and French have about 500 active nuclear warhead capable to a maximum 1Mt per missile, even if we use the average figure, it would have been 300kt

With 20kt enough to destroy a mid sized city (@1000km2) as demonstrated in WW2

500 missile each with 300kt each payload, using the blast formula in WW2 would give you a total destruction area of 7,500,000 sq. km

And China have a land size of 9,500,000 sq. km

I would say the destruction on average with a WW2 scale is 75%, and it got to be more with modern set tech, don't you think?

Why would you claim the European nuclear weapon can only damage 10% of China? What did you base your assessment from?

Together, UK and French have about 500 active nuclear warhead capable to a maximum 1Mt per missile, even if we use the average figure, it would have been 300kt

500 missile each with 300kt each payload, using the blast formula in WW2 would give you a total destruction area of 7,500,000 sq. km

I would say the destruction on average with a WW2 scale is 75%, and it got to be more with modern set tech, don't you think?

Our nuclear arsenal is much larger than what is officially told.

Our nuclear arsenal is much larger than what is officially told.

I have no problem believe that China can destroy EU 10 times over, but while Chinese can kill us 10 times, we would still only died once. And we can nuke China back and deal at least 90% of damage back to China still 90% of Chinese will dies and died once is more than enough

I am merely replying to the previous member that EU nuclear stockpile can also destroy China, hence a MAD is established

I have no problem believe that China can destroy EU 10 times over, but while Chinese can kill us 10 times, we would still only died once. And we can nuke China back and deal at least 90% of damage back to China still 90% of Chinese will dies and died once is more than enough

I am merely replying to the previous member that EU nuclear stockpile can also destroy China, hence a MAD is established

The only western country that can totally destroy China is the US. Britain and France will come off second best in a full scale nuclear exchange with us.

My post was not that it can't, but it can't last.

Soviets and the West split immediately after WW2, German was Nazi state, it was worse than Russia in changing the status quo.

The political situation has changed. If we simply push America out of Asia, we have the upper hand because we are in Asia and America is not. But what's our casus belli for invasive war? We got none. Europeans who won't partake would actively try to go to war with China.

Zhang Yi, the famous warring states diplomat's main idea was 2 step forward 1.5 step back. That was also Bismark's take on war, never going too far.

There's also the problem of nationalism, America in Afgan is the best example, we would get slaughtered in Guerrilla warfare.

I'm not saying we are a totalitarian communist state, but it will be made to seem that way. America can be made to look Nazi, it's not hard to make China Stalin.

That. Was Chinese tactics in korean war?

Dude, even if all 500 nuclear warheads got through, which they won't as the Chinese would have shot down some of them, they still could kill only 10% of the Chinese population.

French SLBM nuclear warheads are only of 100kt in size. To destroy a city the size of beijing or Shanghai would require around 20 warheads and that would be 3 missiles. Each French submarine can launch 16 missiles and so they can in theory kill 100 million Chinese. In the real world maybe 50% or more of the French warheads would be intercepted by the Chinese anti-missile systems.

China can destroy major EU countries and still live to fight another day if the US does not get involved.

Dude, even if all 500 nuclear warheads got through, which they won't as the Chinese would have shot down some of them, they still could kill only 10% of the Chinese population.

French SLBM nuclear warheads are only of 100kt in size. To destroy a city the size of beijing or Shanghai would require around 20 warheads and that would be 3 missiles. Each French submarine can launch 16 missiles and so they can in theory kill 100 million Chinese. In the real world maybe 50% or more of the French warheads would be intercepted by the Chinese anti-missile systems.

China can destroy major EU countries and still live to fight another day if the US does not get involved.

M51 is not very reliable so far, also considering with China's anti-missile defence, so the 50% or less of warheads drop on China seems to be correct.

But M51 cannot fully load ten 100kt warheads if it wanna hit China's eastern coast, the warheads will be reduced to 5-6 maybe.

That's why China now opts for JL-3 which can carry 10 thermonuclear warheads up to 12000km, since JL-2A needs to have fewer warheads in order to reach 12000km.

Back
Top Bottom