What's new

China to License Produce Tu 22 Bombers from Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.
China News:

<<&#29615;&#29699;&#26102;&#25253;>> :

&#20420;&#20256;&#20013;&#22269;&#36141;36&#26550;&#8220;&#36870;&#28779;&#8221; &#19968;&#21410;&#24773;&#24895;&#21487;&#33021;&#24615;&#19981;&#22823; (Russian's wishful thinking, and unlikely)

maybe we need the engine of Tu-22.

... engine ? come on... also very old type.

Personally I don't think PLAAF need Tu22-M3.
Very old, and it is not a stealth one.

you sure don't have a clue do you? even the Americans fear the Tu-22M3 so much so that in their START treaty (Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty) with Russians, they demanded the Russians remove the refueling probe on the aircraft , there by limiting it's range.

none of the supersonic Bombers are stealthy,B-2 spirit is subsonic bomber and is the only stealth bomber,if you are talking about technology, Chinese air force doesn't have an equivalent that can match the performance of Tu-22M3. so any further talk of Tu-22M3 being old or obsolete is childish.

I guess China is full of surprises , If they need a stuff like TU-22 BackFire they will get it anyways .Or they will make sumthing comparable to that .

Chinese are advancing at a very very fast pace .In last decade they have absorbed so much knowledge from all over the globe that they are capable enough to make things of International Standard.

:cheers: to the hard work and dedication of Chinese.

I guess China is full of surprises , If they need a stuff like TU-22 Bear they will get it anyways .Or they will make sumthing comparable to that .

Chinese are advancing at a very very fast pace .In last decade they have absorbed so much knowledge from all over the globe that they are capable enough to make things of International Standard.

never knew that there was ever a bomber called 'Tu-22 bear'.

Personally I don't think PLAAF need Tu22-M3.
Very old, and it is not a stealth one.

J-20 will in the PLAAF have the function the Tu-22 has in RuAF in maritime warfare.

IMHO, my 2 cents and all that...

J-20 will in the PLAAF have the function the Tu-22 has in RuAF in maritime warfare.

IMHO, my 2 cents and all that...

hard to say this when there is hardly any information on what kind of weapons or the intended roles it is designed to do.

I guess China is full of surprises , If they need a stuff like TU-22 Bear they will get it anyways .Or they will make sumthing comparable to that .

You mean backfire,right?

On Topic> Good that they clarified it.

hard to say this when there is hardly any information on what kind of weapons or the intended roles it is designed to do.

It is supposedly stealth (RAM coating and electronics being the biggest unknowns) and supposedly has a lot of fuel in that big fuselage. You can sort of guess from there a couple of applications that this would be useful in.

China don't really need a large strategic bomber. Modern day warfare is increasingly making the importance of strategic bombers an obsolete unfeasible concept in the face of advancement of drone technology. US is also reviewing its next gen bomber plans. Large drones will replace bombers in conventional warfare while missiles will remain an effective system of Nuclear war head delivery.

It is supposedly stealth (RAM coating and electronics being the biggest unknowns) and supposedly has a lot of fuel in that big fuselage. You can sort of guess from there a couple of applications that this would be useful in.

Some say that it may be used as a heavy interceptor. will have to wait a little more before we can discuss J-20.

Some say that it may be used as a heavy interceptor. will have to wait a little more before we can discuss J-20.

Here's where the guessing comes in.

Requirements for a heavy interceptor are almost same as a naval strike aircraft. Namely, big range, big load, lots of room for electronics to function independently, stealth as a definite plus in both cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom